Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I really liked War for the POTA and Blade Runner personally. I'm not into horror but I like the original It and heard the new one was amazing.
    Haven't seen Blade Runner yet, but the others you mentioned were very average movies imo... Didn't really care for Spider-Man Homecoming or GOTG Vol 2 either.

Come to think of it though, I didn't hate The Dark Tower even nearly as much as most...

So this could be showing someone turning into a Parademon.

It would go along with part in Johns’ Justice League: Origins where people were being abducted to be turned into Parademons. So the Apokolips invasion is almost like a virus with the forces replicating with every enemy they kill.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Luckily, you won't have to put up with it forever. Rumor has had it for a while that the costume is just something Barry could cobble together on his own. Supposedly, he'll be getting a better costume courtesy of Tony Stark.....I mean BATMAN!!!
    To be fair, just throwing on an old pair of pyjamas would have been a better initial Flash costume. Considering that the Flash has long had one of the best superhero costumes, it's impressive that they have managed to turn that into arguably the ugliest movie costume to date.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Overthinking. Probably a romantic gesture only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Umm no, Clark had intended to propose to Lois and had the ring sent to Smallville before he got stuffed. Lois wore it at the funeral.
    But yes, it's likely only a romantic gesture.
    So Lois Lane is not the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    It seems as though I might actually be able to warm up to Ezra Miller as Barry, but I can and will not get over that Flash costume!
    I watched a lot of reaction videos and in one, a little boy was wearing a Flash costume that looked like an exact copy of the Ezra Miller Flash costume, not Grant Gustin. And I gotta say that kid looked ace. It's things like this that persuade me to be less skeptical and open up my heart to the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So this could be showing someone turning into a Parademon.

It would go along with part in Johns’ Justice League: Origins where people were being abducted to be turned into Parademons. So the Apokolips invasion is almost like a virus with the forces replicating with every enemy they kill.
    Little did we know that the entire run of GAME OF THRONES was a prelude to JUSTICE LEAGUE. That Warner Brothers is darn clever.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    Haven't seen Blade Runner yet, but the others you mentioned were very average movies imo... Didn't really care for Spider-Man Homecoming or GOTG Vol 2 either.

Come to think of it though, I didn't hate The Dark Tower even nearly as much as most...
    War may not be your cup of tea but I think to call it average is harsh, the cinematography, acting, themes, special effects, and action were definitely above what goes into an average film.

I have to see Dark Tower though my expectations are low.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I really liked this trailer, as I've liked all the JL trailers; however, the Bowie cover just didn't do it for me. The style of the song and the visuals just seemed too disconnected. The Beatles cover worked much better, if you ask me.

At the same time, neither of those songs will be in the final film (I assume), so it's not a big deal, either way.

As for the rest of the trailer, there were some terrific notes hit:
    -Clark and Lois (even if it's a dream sequence, they nailed it)
    -Teamwork (Diana knocking parademons off the Batmobile, Cyborg catching and throwing Aquaman)
    -Showing what the absence of Superman means on both a personal level (Bruce and Lois) and on a larger scale (the increase of crime, terrorism, etc.)

I could go on, but yeah, I'm hyped!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I really liked this trailer, as I've liked all the JL trailers; however, the Bowie cover just didn't do it for me. The style of the song and the visuals just seemed too disconnected. The Beatles cover worked much better, if you ask me.
    It took me a while to recognize it as the Bowie song...and only because I recognized the lyrics. The melody was nothing like Bowie's original recording at all.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Flash was amazing(the bat signal part was a little much but he really captured the fanboy moment),honestly while Ezra Barry serves the same purpose of JL Wally, He definitely seems like he is playing on the core Barry characteristics in a Ezra fashion(his fashionable late style, his fanboy/comic loving persona, the scientist, and his everyman nature).
    I agree. He is seems to playing on the core of Barry characteristics but mixed with some Bart Allen traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I know a lot of purists are hating on Ezra but you need to have to audience POV character and he’s nailing it. His reactions are pretty much what ours would be if we saw the bat signal in the sky. “Holy crap! The bat signal! That’s so awesome!”
    I think many people were/are unsure about Miller's Flash.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Alternate cut of the trailer with a few different scenes and music.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It took me a while to recognize it as the Bowie song...and only because I recognized the lyrics. The melody was nothing like Bowie's original recording at all.
    I prefer the Wallflowers version (used in one of the Godzilla movies), but in any case, the trailer was full of fast, fast, fast action, and the song was S L O W. Not a good fit for that trailer.

Retired

I'm glad all the critics of the trailers aren't making the trailers.

I wonder if how we see Cyborg looking at a scene between his hands, that's how we'll get the flashback to what happened with the original invasion. Given he's got a mother box inside him, I'd guess that the mother boxes can recall what happened in the past and play it back.

While Kirby had a Ragnarok that killed the old gods and brought forthe the New Gods, I'm guessing in the Justice League Cinematic Universe that the New Gods already existed before the death of the Olympians. However, maybe Apokolips was paying attention and they saw an opening for an invasion of Earth at that time when the old gods died.

The question is why did they retreat? Did the Green Lantern Corps come to the rescue of Earth back then? And if so, why are there no Green Lanterns protecting Earth now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I watched a lot of reaction videos and in one, a little boy was wearing a Flash costume that looked like an exact copy of the Ezra Miller Flash costume, not Grant Gustin. And I gotta say that kid looked ace. It's things like this that persuade me to be less skeptical and open up my heart to the possibilities.
    You're right. This costume:

poop_moji.jpg

...totally make me re-think all of my initial thoughts regarding the poop emoji, as well.

(Please don't take this post too seriously )

I'm glad all the critics of the trailers aren't making the trailers.

I wonder if how we see Cyborg looking at a scene between his hands, that's how we'll get the flashback to what happened with the original invasion. Given he's got a mother box inside him, I'd guess that the mother boxes can recall what happened in the past and play it back.

While Kirby had a Ragnarok that killed the old gods and brought forthe the New Gods, I'm guessing in the Justice League Cinematic Universe that the New Gods already existed before the death of the Olympians. However, maybe Apokolips was paying attention and they saw an opening for an invasion of Earth at that time when the old gods died.

The question is why did they retreat? Did the Green Lantern Corps come to the rescue of Earth back then? And if so, why are there no Green Lanterns protecting Earth now?
    It’s possible the Green Lantern Corps. intervened and helped to stop the invasion. Steppenwolf sees that the Lanterns don’t have a presence on earth anymore.

It seems like the Mother Boxes were given to the Amazons, humans, and Atlantians as a deterrent against Darkseid. A way to reach New Genesis if Apokolips attacks again. But that doesn’t make sense since it seems like Steppenwolf is coming to earth through the boom tubes opened with the Mother Boxes. Maybe he’s already taken out the forces of New Genesis.

I just hope we get to see more of the New Gods in the flashback sequences. Even if it’s similar to how the Greek pantheon was shown in Wonder Woman.

Retired

I have a hard time believing this TV spot is for real, just because Gal's expression is so hilarious (0:08).

Maybe they are using these spots as a test market to see how they play for the public, before they put them in the final cut. Up until these recent trailers, Wondy has always been dour--so perhaps they're trying out some funnier takes.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I have a hard time believing this TV spot is for real, just because Gal's expression is so hilarious (0:08).

Maybe they are using these spots as a test market to see how they play for the public, before they put them in the final cut. Up until these recent trailers, Wondy has always been dour--so perhaps they're trying out some funnier takes.
    Everything else in the video looks legit, so I see no reason why they'd throw in just one blooper for no reason. This movie is all about Diana rejoining the superhero world so it's not inconceivable that, as she develops her relationship with this new team, she may come out of her shell a little more and have a cutesy moment or two.

Personally, I'm all for it and I really want to see what it was that prompted her to make that face.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--