Spectacular Member

Default Which Tie-ins for Civil War 2 and Secret Empire are Essential?

Hello guys. Just getting back to comics after almost a year. Got busy in life.

Anyway, catching up with the events. Buying HC of Civil War 2 and the upcoming Secret Empire. Wondering which tie-ins are essential to the story. Must reads that really adds to the story. I cant get all tie-ins as I used to with past events. Space issues plus I have other priorities. So yeah, just the essentials.

Also, for Inhumans vs. X-Men, theres only Death of X right? Is it worth it?

MANY THANKS!

BANNED

Well, I remember the best Civil War 2 tie-ins also being stuff that had little to do with it, like Kingpin.

Astonishing Member

I got all the CW2 tie ins, quite frankly I don't think any were essential imo

Some of them are fun but I've tried to blank out the money I spent on this event

SE both cap books and some of the deadpool from what I'm told but I didn't read much of them

There were some minis too

I'don't say the Steve Rogers Cap books. For Civil War it really gives a,very different perspective on the story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Well, I remember the best Civil War 2 tie-ins also being stuff that had little to do with it, like Kingpin.
    Oh ok. As much as I want the best ones, I will just stick to the essentials. I am not the collector I was before. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I got all the CW2 tie ins, quite frankly I don't think any were essential imo

Some of them are fun but I've tried to blank out the money I spent on this event

SE both cap books and some of the deadpool from what I'm told but I didn't read much of them

There were some minis too
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'don't say the Steve Rogers Cap books. For Civil War it really gives a,very different perspective on the story.
    So the Cap books for SE. While CW, I can just pass.

The most important books to read for Secret Empire are the Cap books. Some material from the event was actually moved into those books to make space. Also Deadpool is surprisingly essential

For Civil war quite a few are essential depending on what you are following. You have to at least read Captain Marvel, to understand Carol's actual position, and you should probably read Iron Man. Captain America Steve Rogers contains context, as well as Spider-Man, and The Ultimates. That event was quite distributed generally. You could probably get away with just reading the main story and Captain Marvel, and anyone else you happen to be interested in.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Civil War 2 was mostly self-contained but you should read the Totally Awesome Hulk and Spider-Man tie-ins.

For Secret Empire, the Captain America books are necessary and the Doctor Strange ones are fun. Amazing Spidey's tie-ins explain why he was absent for most of it and Waid's Avengers give some backstory for the Hydra Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    Hello guys. Just getting back to comics after almost a year. Got busy in life.

Anyway, catching up with the events. Buying HC of Civil War 2 and the upcoming Secret Empire. Wondering which tie-ins are essential to the story. Must reads that really adds to the story. I cant get all tie-ins as I used to with past events. Space issues plus I have other priorities. So yeah, just the essentials.

MANY THANKS!
    Ciwil War 2 Essential Tie Ins - Cap America
    but many Tie Ins were really really good. I think that Tie Ins like Kingpin, Uncanny Avengers are better than main event.

Actually there are Tie Ins
    Extraordinary X-men
    Uncanny X-men
    All New X-men
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Deadpool and Mercs for Money

they are not essential

Death of X - prologue - this is ok series if You didn't read Extraordinary X-men, Uncanny X-men, All New X-men series.
    There is no logic between IvX and these books and that's why this weak event(ivx) is even worse if You have read this series.

but better as death of x and ivx instead of death of x, ivx and these series

you can easily skip ivx

Niffleheim

Ms Marvel and Uncanny Inhumans were the only books that directly used the main characters of CW II. They of kind of lost a lot if Essential is what you're looking for. There is an issue where HydraCap is talking to a commatose Toni (forgot what it is called)
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-09-2017 at 12:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Ms Marvel and Uncanny Inhumans were the only books that directly used the main characters of CW II. They of kind of lost a lot if Essential is what you're looking for. There is an issue where HydraCap is talking to a commatose Toni (forgot what it is called)
    Civil War 2 Omega

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol. It was actually Civil War II: The Oath.

Oh ok. As much as I want the best ones, I will just stick to the essentials. I am not the collector I was before. lol

So the Cap books for SE. While CW, I can just pass.
    I'd say Cap for both. Cap gives a different perspective for CW, but it actually adds a lot to the story.

Spectacular Member

Thanks again guys! The Cap from CW2 is Sam Wilson one right? And Ms Marvel or Captain Marvel? Some suggest one or the other.

Thanks again guys! The Cap from CW2 is Sam Wilson one right? And Ms Marvel or Captain Marvel? Some suggest one or the other.
    Steve Rogers Cap. You learn some behind the scenes stuff in the Steve Cap book that you don't see anywhere else in Civil War. Hydra Cap played a MUCH bigger role in Civil War 2 than anyone expected.