Mighty Member

Default Batman TAS episode 8 talkback: The Forgotten

This is one of my favorite episodes and has that Great Escape/Cool Hand Luke feel to it! i just love that Bluesy Ennio Morricone-esque music score to it and not to mention, a refreshing story on what if Bruce Wayne lost his memory temporarily and if he ended up in a private prison camp to be a slave.

Does Boss Biggus reminded anyone of b-movie actor Pat Ryan Jr and his sleazy fat evil characters the mayor from The Toxic Avenger and the junkyard owner from Street Trash? i always thought that since i first saw this episode as i saw both movies on VHS the previous year.

Mighty Member

Anyone likes this one?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I love this episode, and you're right on about the musical score and the Cool Hand Luke vibe. It's nice to see Bruce dealing with more than madmen and gangsters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I love this episode, and you're right on about the musical score and the Cool Hand Luke vibe. It's nice to see Bruce dealing with more than madmen and gangsters.
    Agree and does the score remind you of Morrocine?

Incredible Member

I like this one alot, its nice seeing Batman having to get out a situation without his gadgets and only relying on his skill and Boss Biggus makes for an despicable one shot villain!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I like this one alot, its nice seeing Batman having to get out a situation without his gadgets and only relying on his skill and Boss Biggus makes for an despicable one shot villain!
    Indeed and did you like the score to this episode too and does Boss Biggus remind you of the evil fat mayor from The Toxic Avenger and looks like him?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Indeed and did you like the score to this episode too and does Boss Biggus remind you of the evil fat mayor from The Toxic Avenger and looks like him?
    Yeah the jazzy score was very Morricone/spaghetti western-esque not sure if you know but La la land records released the soundtrack to the show over 4 collections a few years ago http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/DCAnimation.html along with Mask of the Phantasm, Mystery of The Batwoman, Superman TAS & Justice League TAS

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Yeah the jazzy score was very Morricone/spaghetti western-esque not sure if you know but La la land records released the soundtrack to the show over 4 collections a few years ago http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/DCAnimation.html along with Mask of the Phantasm, Mystery of The Batwoman, Superman TAS & Justice League TAS
    I got the soundtracks too

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

My favorite part is Alfred trying to save Bruce, and he's arguing with the Bat-computer self-flying the Bat-plane.

Alfred: "Land, you bucket of bolts!"

Bat-computer: "Your funeral."

Bat-computer: "Watch your step."

Alfred: "I claim this land . . . for Spain." (Faints)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    My favorite part is Alfred trying to save Bruce, and he's arguing with the Bat-computer self-flying the Bat-plane.

Alfred: "Land, you bucket of bolts!"

Bat-computer: "Your funeral."

Bat-computer: "Watch your step."

Alfred: "I claim this land . . . for Spain." (Faints)
    That line always made me laugh since i first saw that as i knew it was a Christopher Columbus reference

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    That line always made me laugh since i first saw that as i knew it was a Christopher Columbus reference
    Me too! But just because it was funny hearing a British butler claiming a land for Spain.

I would LOVE to find out how they did come up with that line. Was it part of the script or did the voice actor improvise?