Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This time he used many members of the batfamily... He could make this worse..
    Damian hasn't been dropkicked by Steel yet, so he's not far off

Incredible Member

When did Steel's hammer become Nth metal? Also, is anyone else sick of Hero's being the cause of so much bad shit? Whatever happened to the bad guys causing stuff and the good guys actually coming in and saving the day? Metal is yet another time when Batman tries and fails to do shit on his own and the whole multiverse is endangered by it. How many people have died because of his actions? Hell, he may end up with a higher death toll from his negligence than the Joker ever could. Why can't we just get back to the good guys actually being good guys?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Batman didn't outsmart the JL. He had about a year's head start on them and he out-planned them. That's his superpower. He beat the team by being 10 steps ahead of them. I think that's different than the Bat-God stuff people complain about. Batman's been working on this case for more than a year it seems. The Justice League just found out about it. Of course he has contingency plans in place that are capable of stalling them. That's what he does.
    Ah yes, the infamous "Prep time."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Yeah, this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Also, Snyder is definitely writing himself into a corner - if Batman can beat (not just stalemate but conclusively have the upper hand, at least for a short period of time) every member of the Justice LEague, and the Dark Knights are each identical to Batman (confirmed by Superman), then how can the JL win against multiple Batmans, now each with a metahuman power? Now how does one good Batman's prep time beat a bunch of evil Batmans with both power and prep time?

As this is a Batman story, obviously he's gonna win somehow but it totally breaks the suspension of disbelief for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

Also, Snyder is definitely writing himself into a corner - if Batman can beat (not just stalemate but conclusively have the upper hand, at least for a short period of time) every member of the Justice LEague, and the Dark Knights are each identical to Batman (confirmed by Superman), then how can the JL win against multiple Batmans, now each with a metahuman power? Now how does one good Batman's prep time beat a bunch of evil Batmans with both power and prep time?

As this is a Batman story, obviously he's gonna win somehow but it totally breaks the suspension of disbelief for me.
    Think it's best to take Metal as an allegory to glam-metal (in particular, but other kinds of metal as well); inherently silly if you think about it, but still kinda cool.

Metal is just starting out so too soon to say how it will turn out. Maybe this time someone saves the world from Batman's mess.

Gotham Resistance I have no issues with the metas getting nerfed and benched. They weren't the focus and the series was overcrowded the 3 humans needed the page time and even they ran out of page time considering how rushed the ending seemed.

The ones to blame for Batgod isn't really the comic buying fans but the fans who write and edit the books. These writers do this is because they like Batman. They are fans and in their mind Batman beats all.

King and Tynion are Bat writers but their Batman is more human and fallible. Coincidence that both don't have Batman in their top 3 favourite comic character lists? I think not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Metal is just starting out so too soon to say how it will turn out.
    It's already at the half way point.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

He already wrote how they'll lose. They're vulnerable to the Metal...it's their kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's already at the half way point.
    I thought that was weird too.

They've had:

1. The Forge
    2. The Casting
    3. Metal #1-3
    4. Gotham Resistance (4 issue crossover), and
    5. Three "Bat out of Hell/Dark Knights" issues

And the Forge, the Casting, and Metal have been as jam-packed as any comics ever. If you've read 12 issues and can't decide what you think yet, you must be one of those people that got all the way to Election Day as an "undecided" voter. There's a lot more to come obviously but there's been SO MUCH already. I'm surprised that anyone that's even just read Forge, Casting, and Metal 1-3 doesn't know what they think yet.

My take while I'm here... These issues (Forge, Casting, Metal, three Bat out of Hell issues) have blown my freaking mind. I did not expect to love them as much as I have, but this is the most fun I've had reading comics in a long while.

I don't bog down on the Batgod stuff that bothers people so much; I consider it a part of his character or else how does he hang in space with the Justice League? He has to be an unbelievably gifted tactician or what does he bring to the team?

And after Synder wrote strictly Batman for so incredibly long I feel like this story has been largely focused on the JL and an incredible number of supporting characters. The most recent issue was more about Superman than anyone. Batman wasn't even really in it.

I feel bad for folks that can't enjoy this series in the spirit it was intended: PURE FUN. And that's exactly how I've felt after each issue though obviously Gotham Resistance was less compelling than the rest.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I don't bog down on the Batgod stuff that bothers people so much; I consider it a part of his character or else how does he hang in space with the Justice League? He has to be an unbelievably gifted tactician or what does he bring to the team?
    Vast wealth and resources? Investigative skills? Psychological profiling skills? A large network of informants and other street level heroes who know how to look for information in places the "gods" among the Justice League don't even THINK about?

He doesn't NEED to be the guy on the team who renders the rest of the team irrelevant. He doesn't NEED to be the guy who sits in judgement over them and solely decides whether they are "worthy" to continue doing what they're doing. He doesn't NEED to be the guy who humiliates them on a routine basis in order to be worthwhile on the team.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I feel bad for folks that can't enjoy this series in the spirit it was intended: PURE FUN. And that's exactly how I've felt after each issue though obviously Gotham Resistance was less compelling than the rest.
    I hate the Batgod as much as the next guy, and probably worse than many (he hit my boy Superman, the bastard!). But even I've been enjoying the hell out of this ridiculous story in spite of all of Bruce's absurdity.

This is like those old 80's metal album covers turned into a whole story with the DCU. It's over the top and shameless. It's not meant to be taken seriously, or deeply, its just meant to, as Lois says, RAWK.

It's Metallica's Ride the Lightning....with the Justice League.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This story is pure METAL.

Sorry, i couldn't help myself .

My take while I'm here... These issues (Forge, Casting, Metal, three Bat out of Hell issues) have blown my freaking mind. I did not expect to love them as much as I have, but this is the most fun I've had reading comics in a long while.

And after Synder wrote strictly Batman for so incredibly long I feel like this story has been largely focused on the JL and an incredible number of supporting characters. The most recent issue was more about Superman than anyone. Batman wasn't even really in it.

Yup. Same here. And, I'm really expecting a good heroic METAL triumph at the end as if they are ending their album with one of the most cheesy but completely motivating metal anthems about overcoming all the things that try to keep you down... probably by coming together and raising your 'hammers' as one (to go full on Manowar) or something. \m/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I feel bad for folks that can't enjoy this series in the spirit it was intended: PURE FUN. And that's exactly how I've felt after each issue
    I agree. I find the Snyder hate over the top and you see so much of the board devolve into tribalism about their particular aggrieved favorite hero.

Metal is really fun so far. And Snyder is spreading around the hero love in this capstone to his Batman run.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Metal is really fun so far. And Snyder is spreading around the hero love in this capstone to his Batman run.
    Yeah, everyone so far has been doing a bang up job of getting their heads kicked in by various bat-somethings.