Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default You find a friend...

This friend is an invisible fey that likes to talk a lot. A whole lot.
    It tends to speak at rapid pace and the words tend to blend together making it harder to understand.
    However, it is extremely friendly unless you do not give it enough attention. Unfortunately, to it, a lot of attention means a lot of your day.
    It gets excited when around other people and wants to talk to you a lot, especially when they are talking.
    No one else can hear it. No one can see it.
    If you ignore it (or ask it what it was saying too often while you were doing something else), it gets offended.
    When offended, it likes to break things or otherwise disturb them.
    Like windows, glasses, plates, salt/pepper shakers or knocking over things on desks, etc.

It also has the power to make a variety of sounds and flashy lights up to three times per day each. Which it likes to do at the most disruptive times.
    These lights and sounds can be seen by other people. However, it rarely uses them in an overt way.
    It can use these same powers any number of times though when only used against you.

What do you do?

Somewhere in the babbling, the fey will tell you their name.
    Once you know their name, you immediately gain the knowledge that saying its name will eventually banish it.
    Unfortunately, it requires you to say the name one time per day for the next 18 months without missing a day.

Edit: The fey is otherwise invincible.
    Attacking it will amuse it and cause it to be more annoying.
    Last edited by Syrile Demonthyst; 10-08-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    This friend is an invisible fey that likes to talk a lot. A whole lot.
    It tends to speak at rapid pace and the words tend to blend together making it harder to understand.
    However, it is extremely friendly unless you do not give it enough attention. Unfortunately, to it, a lot of attention means a lot of your day.
    It gets excited when around other people and wants to talk to you a lot, especially when they are talking.
    No one else can hear it. No one can see it.
    If you ignore it (or ask it what it was saying too often while you were doing something else), it gets offended.
    When offended, it likes to break things or otherwise disturb them.
    Like windows, glasses, plates, salt/pepper shakers or knocking over things on desks, etc.

It also has the power to make a variety of sounds and flashy lights up to three times per day each. Which it likes to do at the most disruptive times.
    These lights and sounds can be seen by other people. However, it rarely uses them in an overt way.
    It can use these same powers any number of times though when only used against you.

What do you do?

Somewhere in the babbling, the fey will tell you their name.
    Once you know their name, you immediately gain the knowledge that saying its name will eventually banish it.
    Unfortunately, it requires you to say the name one time per day for the next 18 months without missing a day.
    Is the fey sexy? If yes, hey baby! If no, I body slam it till it leaves me alone. Or you know, it goes all comatose-y.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

It’s a Fey, body slams will just annoy it a bit. What we need here is some Cold Iron to wave at it when it starts to get too annoying.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is the fey sexy? If yes, hey baby! If no, I body slam it till it leaves me alone. Or you know, it goes all comatose-y.
    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    It’s a Fey, body slams will just annoy it a bit. What we need here is some Cold Iron to wave at it when it starts to get too annoying.
    Sorry, fellows, I fixed it for you.
    I forgot to add that in.

Oh... and it can be sexy, if it wants. It can change appearance at will... but it is a glamour, so you never really know what it looks like or is...

BANNED

So its basically invisible Deadpool, and you're Al?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    So its basically invisible Deadpool, and you're Al?
    Ha!
    That is definitely one way of looking at it.

BANNED

How exactly is this Fae a friend? It doesn't seem to act like one.

Banish its ass ASAP.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is the fey rational enough to understand I need to be able to work, eat, and sleep just to survive? If so, will it either be quiet enough during those times, or will it help me obtain money, food, and shelter so I can focus on it more?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    OH! We should make it watch Friendship is Magic until it learns how to be a better friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Is the fey rational enough to understand I need to be able to work, eat, and sleep just to survive? If so, will it either be quiet enough during those times, or will it help me obtain money, food, and shelter so I can focus on it more?
    That would be nice of it, but a lot of Fey either don't understand all the stuff humans need to live (Because THEY don't need anything like that), or enjoyed screwing with people to stop them anyway, because they're kind of dicks like that.

That said this guy WAS called a "friend" so maybe he could be told?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Incredible Member

Banish its ass ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It thinks it is being a good friend.
    But it does not fully comprehend human lives and our need to work, etc.
    It may, on occasion, bring you shiny objects, gems or gold... but they are likely from those in the nearby area.
    It rarely sleeps more than a few hours and will occasionally let you sleep longer without harassment but it would likely be off trying to talk to other people until you wake.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That would be nice of it, but a lot of Fey either don't understand all the stuff humans need to live (Because THEY don't need anything like that), or enjoyed screwing with people to stop them anyway, because they're kind of dicks like that.
    And mostly this.
    It does not fully understand us and is more like a petulant child that wants its way and does not really care about how we feel so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    It thinks it is being a good friend.
    But it isn't.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

If I can' get it to cooperate, I'm gonna learn the name and then ignore it. It will be annoying but it sounds like paying attention to it won't stop it from being annoying.

Oh. This again. *Summons Fae Spiders*

BANNED

I think I'd start to keep a lot of cold iron pointy objects around the house.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

But it isn't.
    This.

If I can manage, I banish it. Otherwise, I'm in for a hell of a miserable life. Also, my job becomes unmanageable, due to the Fae breaking all kinds of important stuff.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate