Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why did Mephisto want to erase the marriage? What if he hid the truth in his lies? The truth being Peter losing his daughter with MJ permanently due to the bargain. We learn Norman had May but Mephisto realised she had great potential and wanted her but Norman was using his limited knowledge of magic to keep Mephisto or anyone from taking her. So he made a deal with Norman he'd get May and Norman would get his son back. Mephisto used Civil War and Aunt May's shooting to force Peter and MJ into the bargain by erasing the marriage he could pull May from continuity without any fears of Peter ever learning he had the child.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

The whole OMD story was so illogical, and left such disdain among fans, and since some would argue Spider-Man comics have kinda been in a slump ever since.... I do believe that at some point OMD will be retcon'd out of existence and the marriage will come back. I know Dan Slott and the current Marvel staff are totally against this idea, but ASM itself is in a sales slump and at some point the Marvel higher ups will get rid of these guys and gives the fans what they want- what sells. That could happen next year, or 10 years down the road, but eventually something will have to give. The legacy numbering of ASM coming back and PP returning to the bugle feel like paltry offerings - yes it's in the right direction, but it's not fixing the bigger problems (OMD still standing and Slott not leaving the book).
    Last edited by Dangerous; 10-10-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If OMD is still in place and Peter and MJ aren't married...that just makes Peter look even more damn tragic...Marvel's iconic hero a deadbeat dad? No thanks.
    There are many ways to go with the story that don't involve Spider-Man as a deadbeat dad.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If OMD is still in place and Peter and MJ aren't married...that just makes Peter look even more damn tragic...Marvel's iconic hero a deadbeat dad? No thanks.
    majority of dads that i know are unmarried. one of them is a single parent. none are deadbeats
    troo fan or death

Cloning. MC2 May gets killed but genetic material is saved and the result is a clone baby. Peter knows the baby is his from an alternative timeline and feels responsible. He gets back with MJ so they can raise the baby together, because she is of course the alternative timeline mom.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yeah, but it's not like he chose to be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Why did Mephisto want to erase the marriage? What if he hid the truth in his lies? The truth being Peter losing his daughter with MJ permanently due to the bargain. We learn Norman had May but Mephisto realised she had great potential and wanted her but Norman was using his limited knowledge of magic to keep Mephisto or anyone from taking her. So he made a deal with Norman he'd get May and Norman would get his son back. Mephisto used Civil War and Aunt May's shooting to force Peter and MJ into the bargain by erasing the marriage he could pull May from continuity without any fears of Peter ever learning he had the child.
    That's certainly an interesting idea. I've always wondered if Mephisto had a deeper hidden agenda during OMD. My first thought has been that future Annie would have posed some sort of threat to Big Red one day. A threat that is now no more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    yeah, i'd just want to avoid as many cliches as possible including but not limited to:
    1. she has been brought up to hate spider-man
    2. she's been brought up eeevvvillll and is a super villain
    3. she's been prematurely aged

she can still have conflicts with peter if and when they meet, but none of it needs to come from boring af brainwashing plots. she can just have grown up as someone who doesn't click initially with the parkers.

i like the idea of normalising her existence, which is ironic considering her heritage.
    Maybe have it that this version had as one of her spider-powers growing up super-fast? They did that with Gwen's kids.

Astonishing Member

This lost story plot is similiar to me of how would i re-introduce Spider Hulk from Web of Spider-Man(vol:1)#70.
    Dunno about how i would reintroduce both baby May or Spider-Hulk because i think they are not great plot ideas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    majority of dads that i know are unmarried. one of them is a single parent. none are deadbeats
    I'm sure they're competent people, but we know Marvel would make the mainline Peter a deadbeat dad.

I'm sure they're competent people, but we know Marvel would make the mainline Peter a deadbeat dad.
    I would expect Scott Lang to have a "cease and desist" already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I would expect Scott Lang to have a "cease and desist" already.
    I was going to make that point yesterday before sleep consumed me...them doing that with Peter would be too similar to Scott Lang.

I'm just not a big fan of kids being raised by parents who date other people. I know it happens all the time in real life, but it's not something I'm morally sound with and don't want it reflected with my favorite heroes.

I was going to make that point yesterday before sleep consumed me...them doing that with Peter would be too similar to Scott Lang.

I'm just not a big fan of kids being raised by parents who date other people. I know it happens all the time in real life, but it's not something I'm morally sound with and don't want it reflected with my favorite heroes.
    I'm going to preface my point by saying I love the Peter/MJ ship and thought the way Marvel broke them up and handled the fallout has been atrocious.

I disagree vehemently with your opinion regarding people raising their kids alongside new significant others.

BANNED

I'm going to preface my point by saying I love the Peter/MJ ship and thought the way Marvel broke them up and handled the fallout has been atrocious.

I disagree vehemently with your opinion regarding people raising their kids alongside new significant others.
    I don't mean to offend, and I respect your stance.

yeah i'm on board with that last part. their love lives don't end with children
    troo fan or death