View Poll Results: Does Storm need a break from the X-books?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - focus on a good solo and some guest appearances outside of the X-verse

24 32.00%
  • Yes - even better: Kill her off

16 21.33%
  • No - She's the real leader of the X-Men, she needs to stay, even if poorly used

2 2.67%
  • No - We just need better writers

33 44.00%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Should Storm's be withdrawn from current X-books?

It seems the last few years writers of the X-Office barely know what to do with Storm.

In Extraordinary she was leader, but not a good and inspirational one and in Gold she barely has a line in an issue.

We have seen it before, with Kitty, with Psylocke and with Colossus.

In those 3 cases, they removed the character from the X-books for a few years, make fans long for their return and then brought them back (even tough they still use Peter in a lame way imo).

Now Storm is getting her solo. Maybe that's a good moment to withdraw her from the X-books.

What do you think.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I think her withdrawal from the X-books would help her to have a better sales then previous time.

If her solo happening means getting her out of Gold then that's just another reason it needs to happen.

BANNED

She could be in her solo and BP and that would be perfect. That would be what she was telling Kitty...she needs to step away from the Xmen and come back when there are better writers.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i dont want her to go. she was my second favorite leader after cyclops. and i would like her leading gold instead of kitty

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

How about we just get someone that can write Storm competently as a leader or otherwise? -shrug-
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'd say she needs to branch out more for sure but I don't want her to be completely missing from the X-books.

I think she should have her solo and play a smaller role with the X-Men. Marvel needs to try making her more of her own character and solo star.

I do however strongly believe she needs to stay away from the Black Panther. That relationship is so toxic I'm surprised Black Panthers cast haven't turned into meta-humans/mutates haven't sprouted up around them due to prolong exposure.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

she's pretty much pointless in the X-books. I'm not a huge Storm fan, but she serves no purpose. she's pretty much wallpaper

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    she's pretty much pointless in the X-books. I'm not a huge Storm fan, but she serves no purpose. she's pretty much wallpaper
    At least she's still alive my friend

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    At least she's still alive my friend
    she's barely alive. she hasn't done anything worthwhile in a long time

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It all depends on what role she'll be serving on the outside. For it survive they'll need a viable storyline for her follow outside of just going out there being a hero. The writer would need a free hand and space to work. Removing her from the team books would help, but it would also isolate her making it harder to pull in a audiance. At the end of the day, she's a black woman. Its great that a couple dozen of you on this board will say you'll buy it but its going to take more than that to sell 30+ thousand copies every month (the number she'd need to stay in print these days without being part of the MCU). They'd need to find her audiance fast, hold it and then find a way to grow it. Best way to do that is a good story that'll generate word-of-mouth, and great artwork, something Marvel hasnt been known for in a long time. At least not in long stints. They'll have A+ artist on for the first issue or arc maybe two, and then they'll replace them with someone else entirely, typically to sub-par results. Storm is starting to become to Black Panther what Rogue and Gambit are to each other, and that doesnt carry as many pluses (many would say because of the way they are written, G&R more oft than not damage each other's growth; thats just bad writing). Being black myself, I can assure you all I don't know all the other black people around me, but Marvel as of late seems to think thats a thing. Her book doesnt have to be populated by every other person of color within the Marvel Universe. That needs to be abandonned right off the bat. She also doesn't need to go off the deep end have an entire mythos of her own rogue's gallery built around her. Not saying she can't have one, no, I'm saying every character in it doesnt have be original or some obscure C, D or E list character no one has seen since 1980 or 1990-something. Ambition is fine, but there's enough meat in the established X-Men lore to build off of and still allow her stories to be relevent and relatable.

It's a solo, but it doesnt have to be just about her. Pair her with a character we know has history with her as support role like Forge, Gambit, Neal (Thunderbird III), Lifeguard, Sage, or Beast maybe pair with a newer character like Dust as an "understudy" of sorts. And it doesnt mean they have to be there all the *#@$#$^ time. But I think it'd be normal to have someone for her to confide in, especially if she's going to be on her own. Thing is, it can't be someone like Rogue or Rachel who can step in and do so much of the heavy lifting, so to speak. Give people a interest outside of just 20 pages of self-reflection. Again, pulling her from the X-Men team books would help funnel interest. May help if they ever allow a the X-Men to do a good internal crossover. Keyword: good (Black Vortex and BotA were awful).
    Last edited by donpricetag; 10-09-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I think time away will do her good. Her showing in BP has been good and a solo title will add more to that. Have BP and occasional xmen pop up in her book, but keep her away for a couple years. The way she’s been handled in x titles recently is insulting.

BANNED

As an XFAN, I say NO! We just need better writers that respect X-leaders/icons/legends.

As a STORM fam, I say YES! I'd rather her be gone than to see her as a token so Guggenheim can pat himself on the back for "diversity" points.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    As an XFAN, I say NO! We just need better writers that respect X-leaders/icons/legends.

As a STORM fam, I say YES! I'd rather her be gone than to see her as a token so Guggenheim can pat himself on the back for "diversity" points.
    This! So much this! I don't really want her to leave them, but if they can't be bothered to treat her with the respect she deserves, **** 'em!