View Poll Results: Does Storm need a break from the X-books?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - focus on a good solo and some guest appearances outside of the X-verse

24 32.00%
  • Yes - even better: Kill her off

16 21.33%
  • No - She's the real leader of the X-Men, she needs to stay, even if poorly used

2 2.67%
  • No - We just need better writers

33 44.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    ^ So, make her Marvel's answer to DC's Swamp Thing? I know Marvel has some kind of swamp monster, but not as an avatar of the earth's life force.
    No, not like that. I’m saying have her do things that pertain directly to the Planet. We know her emotions affect the weather we know that Storm has a connection the the Planet itself. And all living things as she has stated. I’m saying have her deal with Planetary issues. Things that upset the balance of the Planet.

From my understand Swamp thing is largely different.

I’m just saying have Storm deal with things that would upset the natural balance of the Earth. Now we can go further by having her take Energy from other natural sources like; stars and the sun. But Anything unnatural she needs to deal with it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-09-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Yeah. Get her far away from Gold.

Keep her in her solo and a major player in 'Black Panther' and 'Uncanny Avengers' (also return Bloodstorm to her universe so we can get a better token black girl on the team)

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah. Get her far away from Gold.

Keep her in her solo and a major player in 'Black Panther' and 'Uncanny Avengers' (also return Bloodstorm to her universe so we can get a better token black girl on the team)
    The #%# is Bloodstorm doing in the prime universe? Who OKed yet another character duplicate? WTH is wrong with Marvel?! Why does everyone need a clone or quantum duplicate?!
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member

Storm was only ever good under Claremont.
    Every use of her since has felt misguided at best, and obligatory at worst.
    She's too iconic to the series to not use, so yeah, I'd say kill her off or otherwise write her out for a while.
    Frankly I wouldn't mind this happening to a few of them.

Actually, I guess that's a little harsh.
    It's not like she's been terrible the whole time, but she hasn't really stood out in any positive way.
    Last edited by majormcmeat; 10-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.

I'm indifferent to her leaving or staying with the X-men. I think she can have a good solo book and still be an X-Man,. The more exposure the better. But yes she's been written pretty badly in the X-Books as of lately.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think this is satire... I don't believe anyone actually thinks this way. Contrary to perception, Storm didn't start leading the X-Men in Extraordinary X-Men. She's been a leader since her debut, more so in the 80s, and solidified as of 92' with the launch of Uncanny X-Men and her leading gold team. Since then she's never been far from command. Kitty, on the other hand, didnt start leading until Bendis took over. Unless you call Dean of students, "leading". Even after Bendis' she was just there anchoring the O5. She's hardly a proven leader. But you can write anyone, anyway you'd like, such as Storm being a second guessing spaz during EXM. But history would say, the one that has anything to learn, it'd be Kitty. Not Storm.

Storm was in charge during a time when Marvel wanted the X-Men to not look as good as the Inhumans. Point, blank, period. Storm caught a bad characterization for the sake of corporate synergy. Kitty is reaping the benefit of a X-Men rebound.
    And the choir sang amen...
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No, not like that. I’m saying have her do things that pertain directly to the Planet. We know her emotions affect the weather we know that Storm has a connection the the Planet itself. And all living things as she has stated. I’m saying have her deal with Planetary issues. Things that upset the balance of the Planet.

From my understand Swamp thing is largely different.

I’m just saying have Storm deal with things that would upset the natural balance of the Earth. Now we can go further by having her take Energy from other natural sources like; stars and the sun. But Anything unnatural she needs to deal with it.
    I would read tf outta that! Yes, Stormphoenix!

Look at the situation we've come to where readers and fans prefer a character with the weight and importance of Storm out of the mutant comics due to the treatment she's getting at Gold that's sad .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Look at the situation we've come to where readers and fans prefer a character with the weight and importance of Storm out of the mutant comics due to the treatment she's getting at Gold that's sad .
    The Guggenheim Effect

Away from Gold? Yeah. I'd also love another shot at an all girls book. Storm, Jean, Psylocke, Rogue etc.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

It's sad. But Guggenheim really isn't the problem. He's more like a symptom of the preexisting condition. He is only highlighting the continued treatment of Storm's character starting from way back when she was written out to get married. Ever since then there's been this subtle crusade to piss on her worth and the value she adds as a pillar of the X-men. Show me someone who says different and I'll show you a liar.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

No. She's not my favorite or anything, but I like Storm and she's a big part of the X-Men
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

honestly I will rather see storm say and she and jean get the sister bond again and love themselves with no scott or logan.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    It's sad. But Guggenheim really isn't the problem. He's more like a symptom of the preexisting condition. He is only highlighting the continued treatment of Storm's character starting from way back when she was written out to get married. Ever since then there's been this subtle crusade to piss on her worth and the value she adds as a pillar of the X-men. Show me someone who says different and I'll show you a liar.
    I do not think her marriage to BP was all bad, but in fact Marvel did not know how to develop the idea.

Storm is not the only one in this situation but it might be good for her to be out of the X-mens just like it was good for Rogue.

How would this be any different than what happened to Rogue? Rogue hasn't been part of any X-Man book for the last 5 YEARS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    The Guggenheim Effect
    Rogue is doing quite well being away from the Xmen...so are Sunspot and Cannonball.

Honestly it's time for a lot of these adult Xmen to "graduate" into the real world