View Poll Results: Does Storm need a break from the X-books?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - focus on a good solo and some guest appearances outside of the X-verse

24 32.00%
  • Yes - even better: Kill her off

16 21.33%
  • No - She's the real leader of the X-Men, she needs to stay, even if poorly used

2 2.67%
  • No - We just need better writers

33 44.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Last edited by Tofali; 10-09-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Away from Gold? Yeah. I'd also love another shot at an all girls book. Storm, Jean, Psylocke, Rogue etc.
    Here's the problem with that. Instead of having it evolve into that, a team that just happens to be all women, Marvel will market the @#%$ out of it and push to a certain audience with a certain type of writer, and then when they end up alienating half (or more honestly) the audience because they can't relate to the beats, storylines or overall atmosphere of the book, call everyone who doesnt buy it, sexist. I'm a guy and a team book outside of "duo" or "partnership" of all guys sounds boring as @#$%. X-Men is at it's best when it has a certain dynamic, which has been missing for a long time. Populating a team purposely of just one sex doesn't help restore it IMO.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Rogue is doing quite well being away from the Xmen...so are Sunspot and Cannonball.

Honestly it's time for a lot of these adult Xmen to "graduate" into the real world
    Come to think of it, Storm was good in Marvel Adventures: Avengers and Beast was at his best as an Avenger.

Maybe the best thing for the X-Men to do is join the Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Rogue is doing quite well being away from the Xmen...so are Sunspot and Cannonball.

Honestly it's time for a lot of these adult Xmen to "graduate" into the real world
    I'd say that most people don't even know at the moment that Sam and Roberto are doing anything and don't matter outside of that one book that they're in, the X-Men can exist in the "real world" without leaving the X-world, and the last two groups from the "real world" as you put it were the Inhumans and Hydra Captain America, both of which storylines did the X-Men no favors...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd say that most people don't even know at the moment that Sam and Roberto are doing anything and don't matter outside of that one book that they're in, the X-Men can exist in the "real world" without leaving the X-world, and the last two groups from the "real world" as you put it were the Inhumans and Hydra Captain America, both of which storylines did the X-Men no favors...
    Emma was written better in SE than in the Xbooks.

It depends on your perspective...you obviously don't like Sam or Roberto and you're judging a book you haven't even read. Ok you don't care, but if you want the characters you like to be written well they don't necessarily NEED to be in an Xbook if the editors/writers are completely crap at their jobs.

No, she can multitask like Wolverine, Deadpool, Spidey, etc. Also considering her abilities, it makes more sense in her case. Of course with more exposure though, there's gonna be different characterization issues when penned by different writers... thems are the breaks.

BANNED

We just need better writers and better direction. Xmen are a team so I'm not so much in favor of a bunch of solos.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yes please by the bright lady remove her. the xmen, and xoffices in particular have placed an anchor around her growth in terms of characterization and power. I remember when i created the thread discussing her being a goddess and some posters wouldn't even acknowledge it because it didn't occur in an xbook. People would ignore this because it wasnt in an xbook

but be ok.with this because it was in the xbook:

That is my problem. Anything noteworthy, save her solo, relating to her occurred outside the xbooks including her being a goddess. Storm was a character that was originally conceived as being a goddess but once Phoenix came along she became the central to a lot the x stories written
    . As long as Jean is there, I don't think Storm can be great as she was intended to be. So I need her to be gone like now from the xmen and let her have a solo where she can be rid of the dead weight keeping her from reaching her full potential. It's hard to be a goddess among characters that shoot beams out there eyes or walk through walls.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-09-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Spectacular Member

Storm needs the cat eyes back.

Ultimate Member

Emma was written better in SE than in the Xbooks.

It depends on your perspective...you obviously don't like Sam or Roberto and you're judging a book you haven't even read. Ok you don't care, but if you want the characters you like to be written well they don't necessarily NEED to be in an Xbook if the editors/writers are completely crap at their jobs.
    Actually Sam is one of my favorite characters and he's been written into one book where the writer of said book has them acting a fair bit out of character imho...

Joining the Avengers is the one of the best things that's ever happened to Rogue, Cannonball, and Sunspot in a loooong time IMO. I really wish Storm was a part of Ewing's Ultimates squad. That would've been perfect.

All-New Member

Many want Jean in the Avengers. Many want Storm off the X-Men ...
    They should do a poll if the X-Men should continue to exist or not, because the way things are going ...

JEAN, STORM, ROGUE, WOLVERINE. ALL OF THEM SHOULD CONTINUE IN THE X-MEN, IN TEAMS X. IF THEY ARE BEING A LITTLE VALORIZED, CHANGE THE WRITER.

Maybe it's time for her to step away. Sometimes a character has to spread his or her wings and do their own thing. I don't mind her popping up in the X-Books every now and then to lend a hand to her teammates. I honestly felt she shouldn't have been in Gold. Unless, something changes, she serves no purpose other than being window dressing.

BANNED

I have no problems with Storm being present in the X-Men, but there's no way she should be a player in X-Men Gold, which is a huge disservice to her character. The best place for Ororo would be with Jean Grey in an Uncanny X-Men revival (and a competent creative team), but there's no telling how long the wait will be. Until then, keep Guggenheim away, and maintain her presence in other X-Men titles. I'm sure Astonishing would be better for her if it were to remain, though that cast is already huge.

BANNED

I think she should still stay with t least one xmen book because before, when she had her ongoing solo, she was appearing in multiple books, which i believe kinda affected her sales.

But...

Coates is a very, very popular writer so i think Storm's solo will do well on sales especially on the first few issues so she should still be with the xmen books while having her own ongoing solo.