If you’ve been following the podcast that I and my friend, Tom Kwei do, ‘Watching The Watchmen.’ Then you’ll know I’m quite protective over how the property is used. After the middling film and dismal ‘Before Watchmen’ series that was released by DC during the New 52, many fans think this franchise should be left alone.

For better or worse, DC have decided to inaugurate the Watchmen series into their classic universe and pit the heroes side by side. Teased with the launch of DC: Rebirth, we began to see the two revered franchises intertwine. Many fans asking questions and giving arc theories in the process.

Is The Comedian The Joker? Will Superman fight Doctor Manhattan? Can Night Owl still get it up? There were hundreds.

One of the additional, less interesting ones was ‘what is the Comedian’s badge doing in the Batcave?’

This issue attempts to answer that.

Following The Flash and Batman we journey on the quest to solve the head scratching question.

Taking elements from Flashpoint (another book that I adore, just check out my review here) this book will join two critically praised storylines and in the process either make them every comic book fans wet dream or worst nightmare.

Which will it be? Will DC pull this off? Can this huge risk pay off? Or will they ruin two of their best books in the process?

Watch my video review to see or read the full written review here - Batman/The Flash: The Button Review (Deluxe Edition)