Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    The part about Jason losing an eye and a leg was depressing. I'd rather him just go down fighting then living a miserable existence.
    Yeah, another low part of this issue. As always lows and highs in Tynion scripting.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am starting to wonder if with the surplus of Robins around if they are not setting up to Tim to take over the Oracle role. With Dick, Jason, and Damian around there really has not been a place for Tim to really shine in a while and with his tech experitise and intelligence he could really shine if he slipped into Barbara's old role in the DCU.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Just another possible future, no biggie.
    I wish we could get a nice possible future for once. Where everyone isn't suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It's Titans of Tomorrow Tim, or an altered version of him.

Go read the old series by that name.

This Tim isn't out of the blue.
    I know. I just still find it lame.

I wish we could get a nice possible future for once. Where everyone isn't suffering.
    I called it the "Days of Future Past" syndrome ;

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I called it the "Days of Future Past" syndrome ;
    I don't think it's quite fair to blame one storyline for the natural tension created by a negative future your characters want to avoid. I mean...sure, you could write a nice future your characters want to create, but there's the danger of that becoming false happiness, like in Wrinkle in Time.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Has Doomsday been able to talk since Rebirth? Now I can't help but imagine Fred Tatasciore's Hulk voice coming out of him as he growls and screams about Superman .

This is probably the most positive I've felt about Conner coming back then I ever have. Almost all the nods to him here felt like foreshadowing, as much as it was references to Post-Crisis continuity.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked this, largely because they treated Tomorrow!Tim's epiphany that there's a difference in the Tim he's talking to from his previous experiences as the climax of the issue; it shows that the changes to Tim's history are still going to be addressed. It also nicely reverses the annoying "you can't fight fate" theme from the Tomorrow Titans' previous appearances. Here's hoping we still get some direct addressing for Tim's changing history; if Tynion mentioned the parents in the first few issues, then Tim's career needs to be defined.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I liked the part at the end where stupid BatTim realised the future wasn't set in stone, that was well written but the rest of this issue was pretty bad. At least for me. I can see Dick not wanting to be Batman but just giving up crime fighting altogether, nope, I can't buy that. Or that he wouldn't come rushing back when BatTim murdered Damian. I don't know much about Cass but I can't imagine she'd be down for Tim crapping all over Batmans legacy, plus she could make Tim wear his ass for a hat so I guess we just ignore her. Worst of all is Jason. I felt awful for him. Tynion has to make huge out of character decisions, outright ignore characters or fridge them essentially to make Tim the only viable Batman. Also it would be nice if we could go for one Tim centric issue where he doesn't dislocate his shoulder patting himself on the back about how smart he is. We get it, Tim is a genius. He is also an a-hole. Can't believe he just left Jason there

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I liked the part at the end where stupid BatTim realised the future wasn't set in stone, that was well written but the rest of this issue was pretty bad. At least for me. I can see Dick not wanting to be Batman but just giving up crime fighting altogether, nope, I can't buy that. Or that he wouldn't come rushing back when BatTim murdered Damian. I don't know much about Cass but I can't imagine she'd be down for Tim crapping all over Batmans legacy, plus she could make Tim wear his ass for a hat so I guess we just ignore her. Worst of all is Jason. I felt awful for him. Tynion has to make huge out of character decisions, outright ignore characters or fridge them essentially to make Tim the only viable Batman. Also it would be nice if we could go for one Tim centric issue where he doesn't dislocate his shoulder patting himself on the back about how smart he is. We get it, Tim is a genius. He is also an a-hole. Can't believe he just left Jason there
    I just usually write out OOC stuff like that as "dark future" characterizations .

BANNED

Pat in the back as it is (basically mastubation when you rub yourself off, right) in the end he admits he`s a crappy Batman too.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was solid for the most part. The Titans Tomorrow characterization for Tim was pretty much left intact, even his friendship with Conner who I suppose will appear again soon, while the way how he became Batman is explained in a way that makes a lot of sense.

Jason was the one who got it the worst here but then again, Tynion has always been terrible at writing Jason. Barrows' art was fine but his expressions can be awkward at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Barrows' art was fine but his expressions can be awkward at times.
    My favourite part was when BatTim cried through the lenses of his cowl

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Thought this was solid for the most part. The Titans Tomorrow characterization for Tim was pretty much left intact, even his friendship with Conner who I suppose will appear again soon, while the way how he became Batman is explained in a way that makes a lot of sense.

Jason was the one who got it the worst here but then again, Tynion has always been terrible at writing Jason. Barrows' art was fine but his expressions can be awkward at times.
    I think Dick was threated the worse in the sense his character was useless. Had the job, gave up and left. Thanks for nothing, ol` chum. Jason got hit the hardest but is something the fandom is used to. He`s the guy that is hit the hardest and ends up coming back and as per Batwoman #6 we know he does.

Amazing Member

Source: Comicbook

'Detective Comics' Writer James Tynion IV on How Conner Kent Fits Into "A Lonely Place of Living"

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/11/d...n-conner-kent/

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What already annoyed me in Forever Evil is that they tend to draw the adult Tim so tall, isn't Tim supposed to be rather short?
    Where was this ever said? He's always drawn short because he's a kid. I've never seen him as being short.