Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

On the one hand, Kon is being set-up! (Even if they are using that blasted "Conner" name) On the other hand, Cass wasn't mentioned as a potential Batman, nor was she mentioned at all. (Possibly because there's no reason she couldn't be Batman and that would make this story impossible.)

Toss in that most of it was pretty bland, but that we do have a chance to see the 'Tec team next issue now that we're back in Gotham, and I'd say this was "Meh."

Quote Originally Posted by drako View Post
    he doesn't know conner because new 52 superboy never used that name, only kon-el.
    NEVER?? Wow.. 2 volumes with the TT and always Kon-El.. I forgot that..

The only reason because we never see him in SM reborn...

However, he was living with the TT since the begin..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-11-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Which is why he should give him up to someone else. Have you not noticed yet that Tynion's Tim is pretty much nu52 Tim except worse? Tynion cares for Tim that's why he will let him go.
    Meh, this Tim is at times poorly written and way over reliant on tech, but I'd still take him over N52 Tim, who felt like a totally different character.

I agree that Tynion needs to hand Tim off, he's much better at writing the others. It reminds me of what Geoff Johns did with Hal after a while, he eventually just wrote him as a caricature.

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Kind of the issue I was expecting. Is Kon-El in the Rebirth era or did he not carry over from New 52? A bit behind on that one.
    The part about Jason losing an eye and a leg was depressing. I'd rather him just go down fighting then living a miserable existence.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Extraordinary Member

What already annoyed me in Forever Evil is that they tend to draw the adult Tim so tall, isn't Tim supposed to be rather short?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What already annoyed me in Forever Evil is that they tend to draw the adult Tim so tall, isn't Tim supposed to be rather short?
    That's a good point. But I'm betting on tall boots.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Wait a moment...

Montoya, Bat-Tim.. this is the batwoman future against the Batman Tim... Then, We should see more of this future..
    Batwoman future? What issue?

Mighty Member

What a convoluted mess that completely ignores character development so we could evil Batman Tim. Thanks, Tynion.

BANNED

Just another possible future, no biggie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    Kind of the issue I was expecting. Is Kon-El in the Rebirth era or did he not carry over from New 52? A bit behind on that one.
    The part about Jason losing an eye and a leg was depressing. I'd rather him just go down fighting then living a miserable existence.
    Thanks to Batwoman#6 we know he kicks back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    What a convoluted mess that completely ignores character development so we could evil Batman Tim. Thanks, Tynion.
    It's Titans of Tomorrow Tim, or an altered version of him.

Go read the old series by that name.

This Tim isn't out of the blue.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Someone on another forum just pointed out to me that the Tim vs. Anarky scene is deliberately referencing the opening of Titans of Tomorrow, with Tim vs. Joker's Daughter. I think that's a really cool thing - especially since it means this whole series is about bringing back more than just A Lonely Place of Dying.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Batwoman future? What issue?
    It's in issue #6.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Someone on another forum just pointed out to me that the Tim vs. Anarky scene is deliberately referencing the opening of Titans of Tomorrow, with Tim vs. Joker's Daughter. I think that's a really cool thing - especially since it means this whole series is about bringing back more than just A Lonely Place of Dying.
    Always did like that Tim.

Seems like he tried to keep changing the past after the first time, when Cassie kissed Tim, but kept failing.

Tim not knowing Conner gives him hope.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I want to make amends, this issue is good. Tim of tomorrow is growing and the story is interesting enough to let me looking for what's to come.
    Rebirth's main plot is moving letting on an open door to past,present and future of DC history.
    What I really can't suffer it's this continuous reference to Tim's intelligence, every issue Tynyon have to underlined it. James, we understood.