Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So I didn't like the part where Future Tim says "I knew I could never be a fighter on the same level as Bruce or the other Robins". Come on Tynion! Even Shiva said Tim had the most potential and wanted to train him. That line is garbage.

Besides that though, I did like the issue. And the art by Barrows was amazing. I love his artwork. I just wish DC would let him be the main artist for a long time like Capullo was on Batman.

This book is still the best DC book being published. Next issue is going to be incredible.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

So I was primarily interested in the Cass stuff he talked about (Her next arc is gonna be coming after Fall of the Batmen BTW), but in his interview with Batman Universe, Tynion also confirmed that Tim WILL be back with the team in the next arc. I'm sure that's a positive for some and a deterrent for others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

This book is still the best DC book being published.
    You never got around to reading New Super-Man, did you?

Astonishing Member

It looks like they're hinting at a return for the Conner Kent/Kon-El Superboy. That is just great.

Now, about Impulse . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It looks like they're hinting at a return for the Conner Kent/Kon-El Superboy. That is just great.

Now, about Impulse . . .
    Well, there have been teases to him (some more direct then others) in The Flash.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

Now, about Impulse . . .
    I want Cassie back too. WITH Kon-El!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I actually enjoyed this issue. I'm not taking any of the future we were shown seriously at all because at this point we have so many futures being dhown. Also everyone acted so against character that it's even all the more credible. Tim becoming a fascist is the only thing I buy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Where was this ever said? He's always drawn short because he's a kid. I've never seen him as being short.
    In the later pre flashpoint continuity (I think roughly since one year later) it was mentioned several times that Tim is rather short.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In the later pre flashpoint continuity (I think roughly since one year later) it was mentioned several times that Tim is rather short.
    Does it matter?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Tynion has to make huge out of character decisions, outright ignore characters or fridge them essentially to make Tim the only viable Batman.
    How else can you get to a future where Tim or anybody apart from Dick is Batman (unless you go really far in the future like in Batman Beyond)?

Only alternative would have been to go for a completely different story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Does it matter?
    It seems just quite strange that they ignore it, since it seems a widely accepted fact in the fanbase.

This was a good issue for anyone interested in time travel. The two versions of Tim amidst the mysteries of time. Enjoyed the narrative through future Tim's perception leading into that moment of contrasting realization where change was a possibility... i could feel future Tim's release coming off the page. It tossed me back to Shawshank Redemption where Tim Robbins has that iconic moment of raising his hands in the rain. There was just enough mystery and progression to keep the reader engaged with what was and what's to come. One of my favorite issues of the week. Nice.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-12-2017 at 03:18 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It seems just quite strange that they ignore it, since it seems a widely accepted fact in the fanbase.
    I've noticed that about the fans and it's unsettling and more to do with size kinks than anything else I think. I would much rather they were tall burly men to crush those weird sexual kinks that pop up but in story it doesn't matter except in Damian's case because jokes

Tim had a growth spurt Damian will also have a growth sprout. No one is girly or has long hair or any of that tumblr rubbish

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So I didn't like the part where Future Tim says "I knew I could never be a fighter on the same level as Bruce or the other Robins". Come on Tynion! Even Shiva said Tim had the most potential and wanted to train him. That line is garbage.
    In a time long ago when Jay was dead and there was nobody else save Dick

I knew that line would rub off the wrong way but I like it in context of the issue. Everybody gets crapped in this. You, and you, and you too!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I've noticed that about the fans and it's unsettling and more to do with size kinks than anything else I think. I would much rather they were tall burly men to crush those weird sexual kinks that pop up but in story it doesn't matter except in Damian's case because jokes

Tim had a growth spurt Damian will also have a growth sprout. No one is girly or has long hair or any of that tumblr rubbish
    Hahahahaha, nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    In a time long ago when Jay was dead and there was nobody else save Dick

I knew that line would rub off the wrong way but I like it in context of the issue. Everybody gets crapped in this. You, and you, and you too!
    Yep, even future Tim came out looking bad. Not an ideal future to say the least.