Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Btw. does anybody remember what happened with Dick in the Original Titans of Tomorrow storyline (or if it was even mentioned what happened with him)?

If i remenber correctly, Bette said that Dick and Kory were having a happy life, away from all the sturr that went down in the Tomorrow universe.

Incredible Member

I like the fact that Duke wasn't even mentioned, I'm positive now Scott Snyder must be the only one who actually cares about the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I like the fact that Duke wasn't even mentioned, I'm positive now Scott Snyder must be the only one who actually cares about the guy.
    Not true Duke was mentioned in Batman Beyond and Batman White Knight so Jurgens and Murphy care for him.

I have a feeling that once Scott gets wind of this Tynion is gonna pay dearly

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not true Duke was mentioned in Batman Beyond and Batman White Knight so Jurgens and Murphy care for him.

I have a feeling that once Scott gets wind of this Tynion is gonna pay dearly
    I think it's pretty clear that Duke is out of any succession plans at this point. He had a shot 3-4 years ago, when he was Robin, but now that Snyder is all aboard the "He's not Robin" train, there's not really a solid reason for him to become Batman.

Unless he becomes the new Azrael. Haha.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So I was primarily interested in the Cass stuff he talked about (Her next arc is gonna be coming after Fall of the Batmen BTW), but in his interview with Batman Universe, Tynion also confirmed that Tim WILL be back with the team in the next arc. I'm sure that's a positive for some and a deterrent for others.

You never got around to reading New Super-Man, did you?
    I bought the first two trades!

But I have another book that I have to finish first and there's only two issues left. Then I'll read it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    On the one hand, Kon is being set-up! (Even if they are using that blasted "Conner" name) On the other hand, Cass wasn't mentioned as a potential Batman, nor was she mentioned at all. (Possibly because there's no reason she couldn't be Batman and that would make this story impossible.)

Toss in that most of it was pretty bland, but that we do have a chance to see the 'Tec team next issue now that we're back in Gotham, and I'd say this was "Meh."
    She is batwoman in titans tomorrow remember, although this does bring up questions to me as to where she fits into this?

I really enoyed this issue overall though, the first issue was spoilt completely for me since most of the art was released prior. I heard about the twists in both issues but still enjoyed them, especially this one even if it has minor flaws eg. most skilled fighter,superman hologram etc.

I agree that dick would probably come back at that point. Batman in this issue does do an actual good argument to Tim in this issued compared to their pre flashpoint interaction. I would believe the arguement to an extent except the killing if it was not for the preview in batwoman #6 and dystopian gotham.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Red obin; 10-14-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Extraordinary Member

A control freak Tim is believable; I'd have to say that Tynion's future version of Tim does feel more like that than Tomorrow Tim's second appearance, where his actual motivations were largely absent. And using Lonnie in this issue worked as a way of highlighting Tim's issues; as I've said before, I don't think they went overboard in making Lonnie an antagonist in the last arc. Lonnie is, on a very real level, an anti-authority figure who is a mild danger towards the justified and righteous actions of the law in current Gotham, but would be a natural asset and aid to a more Totalitarian status quo.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I kind of hope Bruce doesn't get a chance to hear future Tim's origin because I can only see that emboldening him to continue with his plans to continually clone himself so he can keep being Batman in the future.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of hope Bruce doesn't get a chance to hear future Tim's origin because I can only see that emboldening him to continue with his plans to continually clone himself so he can keep being Batman in the future.
    Excellent point. I HATE Bruce's cloning plan. I was hoping that Snyder would finally acknowledge that the cloning plan is evil and horrifying, but nope. The last story in ASB keeps it going. Maybe The Last Knight will deal with the evil of the plan, but I have little hope, given how the prologue to the Last Knight in Detective Comics #27 seems to think the cloning plan is SUPER COOL.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Bruce doesn't need clones, he has at least 4 sidekicks that look like him already

BANNED

Bruce should really just leave the cloning to Tim.

Nah, Tim couldn't make a clone that worked. The big reveal would be that Tim is actually a Bruce's clone, because Rebirth pulled a Batman Beyond with him.

tHAT WOULD be awesome. I might start reading Batman again. NO, maybe I would not.

Sigh! I can't figure out why pictures I'm trying to upload won't. (firewall at work?).

As I mentioned on the Bette Kane thread, I am confused because my sense of Titans Tomorrow was that Bette Kane became Batwoman in that future. I saw graphics from the story, where Bette kisses Tim and some verbiage about this that suggested that 'they' were lovers.

Over here or elsewhere it seems that there was another T.tomorrow, and in that one, Cass Cain becomes the future Batwoman.

But my overall feeling is why can't someone, somehow, find a way to bring Flamebird back to continuity - not 'off-panel' mentions of being in Westpointe or whatever.

Why can't the original continuity's Bat-girl ever get a break?