Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Thor Ragnarok Reviews

Collider has posted a Thor Ragnarok reviews they think it's pretty great.

Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-09-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Glad reviews are at least starting off well. Thor arguably was one of the weaker links in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Glad reviews are at least starting off well. Thor arguably was one of the weaker links in the MCU.
    I think his first solo outing was fine, but I think his standing kind of took a hit with The Dark World.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think his first solo outing was fine, but I think his standing kind of took a hit with The Dark World.
    I treat the MCU much like old school Bond films where I don't hate any but definitely some are better than others even way better. Now I love Thor in the comics in the Avengers but have only read a few of his own storylines in his own book and have never gathered a full run of his so I didn't know if I'd like a Thor solo film and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Thor 2011. Now Thor Dark World I thought was ok it's my least liked Marvel film even Iron Man 2 which has a face palm moment to me with the creating a new element his father designed which just happens to cure him is better than Dark World to me because of RDJ's Charm and Sam Rockwell. But this film I have been interested in due to the director and amazing cast then the trailers were great. So happy it's getting good reviews it's my 2nd most looking forward film this fall only behind Episode VIII.

Disney lifting embargo 2 weeks early due to good reactions!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they were both fine ... bUT other MU movies arguably got better while Thor took a bit of a hit like you said. But none of them.ducked or anything.

I'm not one for conspiracies and like I've said I've enjoyed all the MCU films and I definitely have issues with the DCEU with the exception of WW. But the Star Wars trailer is dropping tonight you'd think Disney would maybe waited but nope they couldn't even give the DCEU today's news cycle. It's just seems like a middle finger to them in some ways.

I will stifle expectations, as I had heard similar thing about Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2. I heard it got such strong reviews and had rated 100% with some review that was hard to review high on and my expectations exploded.

While the second movie is by no means terrible, I think it really under-achieved. I am not talking box office dollars or the reviews...it just felt like it didn't try hard enough to be better than the first movie. It coasted on the strong push the first one achieved.

This movie looks like a lot of fun, but I am going to watch this movie with tempered anticipation.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I liked Guardians 2 more than the first Guardians film, and I like Thor 1; Thor 2 had some funny stuff in the first half, but failed to make the drama work in the 2nd, imo.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to a fun ride in the Flash Gordon (1980) vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I liked Guardians 2 more than the first Guardians film, and I like Thor 1; Thor 2 had some funny stuff in the first half, but failed to make the drama work in the 2nd, imo.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to a fun ride in the Flash Gordon (1980) vein.
    Same the GOTG 2 really delivered on the emotional larts for me. The first might have been funnier because the characters were new a fresh.

Thor 2 i didnt like but Thor was a solid origin movie.

Ragnarok has me so excited that its painful having to wait. Half that excitment it what they are doing with Hulk(one my fav fictional charaters) but the other half is genuinely that i like Thor as a character Hemsworth does a good job and this looks to be doing something different with him and I dig it. The Loki being good and then bad judo dance is getting old but its straight from the comics. So i cant complain too much. I bet Lokie dies in the next avengers movie. He helps Thanos and realized he messed up big time ans tries to fix it probaly saving Thor and thats that he dies a hero. For real this time no Thor 2 fake out

I’m really turned off by how much this movie looks as if it wants to be Guardians of the Galaxy. And this is coming from someone who loved GotG. Is this just a continuation of the “Whedon effect”? Where every character has to be a smartass/comedian? Spider-Man used to be unique because he quipped while fighting the bad guys. Now even Thor of all characters has to act goofy or have a one liner. I know I sound like such a cranky old fanboy. I’ve loved taika waititi previous films (What We Do in the Shadows was brilliant) so I’m sure this movie will be entertaining. But Marvel films were being criticized for their cookie cutter style. All the films followed the Iron Man formula. Now it seems like all Marvel films will be taking cues from GotG for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-16-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Anyone think the spoiler hemsworth let slip is true or is he trolling us?
    http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/thor/news

Im at work couldnt watch the interview but read the article. So i couldnt hear his tone

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really turned off by how much this movie looks as if it wants to be Guardians of the Galaxy. And this is coming from someone who loved GotG. Is this just a continuation of the “Whedon effect”? Where every character has to be a smartass/comedian? Spider-Man used to be unique because he quipped while fighting the bad guys. Now even Thor of all characters has to act goofy or have a one liner. I know I sound like such a cranky old fanboy. I’ve loved taika waititi previous films (What We Do in the Shadows was brilliant) so I’m sure this movie will be entertaining. But Marvel films were being criticized for their cookie cutter style. All the films followed the Iron Man formula. Now it seems like all Marvel films will be taking cues from GotG for the foreseeable future.
    Thor, especially this one, always struck me as Flash Gordon with a HUGE budget.

As for the humor, while not a comedian per se, Thor has always enjoyed his work.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium