Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

For those bemoaning the lack of Sif. What made her interesting in the previous movies? She really didn't do a lot, was artificially crowbarred into the Warriors Three dynamic, and for my money Jamie Alexanda had very little screen presence. She looked right but she lacked the required charisma for me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For those bemoaning the lack of Sif. What made her interesting in the previous movies? She really didn't do a lot, was artificially crowbarred into the Warriors Three dynamic, and for my money Jamie Alexanda had very little screen presence. She looked right but she lacked the required charisma for me.
    I thought she was great in Thor 1, but Thor 2 wasted all the females - one damselled, one fridged, the other reduced to a bit part.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed Sif most in the Agents of SHIELD episodes she appeared on. She was the kickass Asgardian warrior that we didn't get to see much of in the Thor movies.

This movie was hilarious, which made the drama all the more..uncomfortable..?

That's the best i can describe it so far. If there was a Marvel movie where I felt NO stakes, it is this one. Hela, as fine as she looks was just waiting for the climax for the most part. It was more like Hela was a party pooper, and they wanted to protect their comedy not Asgard. lol I feel so weird. The movie was fine, but yet there is an emptiness, an unfulfillment i feel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I enjoyed Sif most in the Agents of SHIELD episodes she appeared on. She was the kickass Asgardian warrior that we didn't get to see much of in the Thor movies.
    Funny you should say that.....because I enjoyed Thor 1 but I actually thought Thor and Loki were utilised better in Avengers Assemble - Hemsworth particularly seemed at his best there.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Even there was only a few scene where there was any interaction with Thor, I thought there was more chemistry there than between Jane and Thor.

I have a feeling Thor may possibly be one of the "Big Three" that dies in IW. Asgard is destroyed and its population dwindled, and on their way in search of a new home they run into Thanos and the Black Order. Perhaps Thor is the major big name to be sacrificed to showcase the prowess of Thanos. Perhaps it makes sense given that they now portray Thor as maybe the biggest overall powerhouse of the Avengers.

Side note: I always wished they devoted some time to the Thor and Steve Rogers relationship. There were some respectful nods in both Avengers films, but they barely spoke to each other. Historically, it's one of the great friendships of Marvel, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I have a feeling Thor may possibly be one of the "Big Three" that dies in IW. Asgard is destroyed and its population dwindled, and on their way in search of a new home they run into Thanos and the Black Order. Perhaps Thor is the major big name to be sacrificed to showcase the prowess of Thanos. Perhaps it makes sense given that they now portray Thor as maybe the biggest overall powerhouse of the Avengers.
    Have you read the leaked details of the Infinity War teaser?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Even there was only a few scene where there was any interaction with Thor, I thought there was more chemistry there than between Jane and Thor.
    So did I! I actually liked the fan fiction pairing of Jane/Loki - really thought those two would make an interesting couple. There was a fanfiction called "World Under Siege" where Foster was written better than she was in the films.

She's a named Asgardian everyone recognized, and this movie supposedly showed all of Asgard. Even if you're not a fan of Sif and don't even know her name, you're probably watching this movie going "Didn't Thor have a female friend who helps him? Shouldn't she be here?" Heck, I'm wondering if we're ever going to see Elliot Randolph's reaction to all this.

They could kill Thor, Loki, and all the Asgardians but do some kind of death/rebirth cycle that says Asgard will be reborn later if they really wanted. That way you can have the characters off the board but it won't be a complete and final end for them (and you have an excuse to recast if need be).

Side note: I always wished they devoted some time to the Thor and Steve Rogers relationship. There were some respectful nods in both Avengers films, but they barely spoke to each other. Historically, it's one of the great friendships of Marvel, IMO.
    Yea ive always liked Steve and Thors relationship aswell as Steves and Tchallas.

Like riki said the IW trailer adresses thors fate. If you wanna know you can probaly still find the leaked trailer online or ask and someone will tell you

I really enjoyed the film giving it a 8/10. There was a lot of humor in the film, but the Thor version in the movies was always a loose -not so serious- hero. I'm wondering how the hammer will be restored. Hela was maybe the most powerful villain introduce in the MU so far and dead sexy. I hope she does appear in the Infinity movies as Thanos' main squeeze.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I really enjoyed the film giving it a 8/10. There was a lot of humor in the film, but the Thor version in the movies was always a loose -not so serious- hero. I'm wondering how the hammer will be restored. Hela was maybe the most powerful villain introduce in the MU so far and dead sexy. I hope she does appear in the Infinity movies as Thanos' main squeeze.
    Interesting in the MCU She could be the Death incarnation that Thanos is obsessed with

I have a feeling Thor may possibly be one of the "Big Three" that dies in IW.
    Taika Waititi has talked about wanting to do another Thor film with Chris Hemsworth, and with the cash this last one has made for the studio I think he may be too lucrative to kill off.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Taika Waititi has talked about wanting to do another Thor film with Chris Hemsworth, and with the cash this last one has made for the studio I think he may be too lucrative to kill off.
    Marvel has yet to green light a 4 for Cap or Ironman. So iono if they are intereated in going past a trilogy with solo movies.