Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I think....much of the popularity of Thor Ragnarok is because we are currently living in some really depressing times, at least in the US and UK.
    Well, that's your opinion, anyway.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Well, that's your opinion, anyway.
    I'm a depressant, and I know how important escapism is to people.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I'm a depressant, and I know how important escapism is to people.
    I think even happy people love a good comedy. But i liked the drama in Thor i just wish they didnt move on so wuickly and let it sit for a second. Hiddlestons facial expressions in the elevator when thors talkins about how Loki was his favorite person and he thought they would fight side by side forever was some of the best acting ive seen in a CBM. He doesnt say a word but its clear he realizing thats hes the problem not Thor. But them 2secs later we get a joke

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think even happy people love a good comedy. But i liked the drama in Thor i just wish they didnt move on so wuickly and let it sit for a second. Hiddlestons facial expressions in the elevator when thors talkins about how Loki was his favorite person and he thought they would fight side by side forever was some of the best acting ive seen in a CBM. He doesnt say a word but its clear he realizing thats hes the problem not Thor. But them 2secs later we get a joke
    I think Odin was the problem to be honest.

I think it's worth mentioning that the Thor vs Hulk fight delivered a good fight scene that was easy to follow - I know when I came out of MOS years ago one of my disappointments was that we got all those big fights but I didn't really enjoy them - very frustrating. We got some good stuff in this, including all the hammer action with Thor in Muspelheim, where we got to see some of Thor's trademark moves like spinning Mjolnir to form a shield. One of the problems with the last Thor film for me was that the combat was never very interesting - Thor: Ragnarok was a good step up from that, imo.

Mighty Member

I actually thought that Thor and Loki were at their best in Avengers Assemble....you really got the impression they were gods, rather than aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Writers nerf Thor when he fights Hulk. Outside Thor has feats that put him above Hulk. In the MCU they made it clear physically Hulk was way stronger. Thor just taps into his god powers and turns the tide
    Did they? A lot of people seem to be interpreting the fight in different ways, but my take on it was that Thor was winning without having to use his lightning but he laid himself open to being pummeled by Hulk during his unsuccessful attempts to talk the not so Jolly Green Giant down.

Another thing I liked about this movie was that the Asgardians were far more explicitly supernatural.

Odin referred to his freeing himself from Loki's spoilers:
    "spell". Surtur as a demon tyrant, who was fated to bring about Ragnarok and could not die until that had been achieved.
    end of spoilers

Granted, Lee-Kirby Thor was always a weird mixture of pulp sci fi and mythology, but in this film they had more of the mythology, which I liked Unlike Malekith and his elves from the Dark World, who in their portrayal might as well have been a Stargate adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    p.s. my biggest issue throughout the whole movie was how can the God of Thunder being stop by an electric device that gives him electric shocks? one moment he moves walls of an arena, the next he falls for a small electric shock? Couldn't the filmakers say that it was cosmic energy, at least? (since the Grandmaster is a cosmic being) How about a device that "creates small black holes"? lol
    Though it looks like electricity I just wrote it off as some kind of powerful nerve-disruptor. I agree it looks like electricity and that doesn't make any sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Though it looks like electricity I just wrote it off as some kind of powerful nerve-disruptor. I agree it looks like electricity and that doesn't make any sense.
    Maybe there was an edited scene which explained it - I always got annoyed how they cut the Loki/Erik/Hawkeye scene in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Did they? A lot of people seem to be interpreting the fight in different ways, but my take on it was that Thor was winning without having to use his lightning but he laid himself open to being pummeled by Hulk during his unsuccessful attempts to talk the not so Jolly Green Giant down.
    Hulk manhandles him physically Thors just smarter and a better fighter. Id have to watch it again but i got the impression without his God Powers he couldnt put Hulk down for more then a couple seconds.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Early on, Thor is clearly holding back, trying to appeal to their friendship. When they're both fighting competitively, I got the impression that they're evenly matched, with the obvious problem that Hulk will keep getting stronger while Thor's power levels remain consistent throughout. Thor gets the edge when he taps into his god-powers but the Grandmaster cheats and so we never get a real answer as to who would have won. I tend to think Hulk would have eventually prevailed because he'd just keep getting angrier.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Early on, Thor is clearly holding back, trying to appeal to their friendship. When they're both fighting competitively, I got the impression that they're evenly matched, with the obvious problem that Hulk will keep getting stronger while Thor's power levels remain consistent throughout. Thor gets the edge when he taps into his god-powers but the Grandmaster cheats and so we never get a real answer as to who would have won. I tend to think Hulk would have eventually prevailed because he'd just keep getting angrier.
    Does that apply in the MCU? Ive never seen him get stronger as his anger ramps up in the MCU. I get the sense thor is the real powerhouse but Hulk is physically the strongest and maybe a little more durable. But i think god power thor was 5secs from putting hulk to sleep.. And im biased as a huge Hulk fan. BlackPanther/Superman/Hulk is my trinity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Lol..... Ah just makes me wanna see Disater artist even more