Default Earth-2 #23 preview!

Click me!
    EARTH 2 #23
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
    Cover by GENE HA
    1:25 BATMAN ‘66 variant cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
    On sale MAY 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    With Green Lantern resurrected, the heroes of Earth 2 go on the offensive against the forces of Darkseid and Apokolips! As the heroes prepare an all-out assault, plans are put into motion for the Red Tornado to make one last, desperate attempt to stop Superman.
    Looks great! Hope there are more twists and turns to come.

I think I'm in the minority that has preferred Taylor's Earth 2 to Robinson's. I think Taylor has stayed in tune with Robinson's amazing world building but I like where Taylor has taken us so far. I'm surprised with how much I have enjoyed his "Kryptonian" storyline.

Nicola Scott as always is one of the best artists in the business.

Extraordinary Member

I might get this just for that Mike Allred variant. Man, that thing's gorgeous!!

I loved Robinson's take, but I'm fine with Taylor's also. I just wish the Dark Superman storyline wasn't stretched out for soooo long. I want to see things move on, new (old) threats show up, and the spotlight shifting back a little to other characters.

Still, this remaisn my currently favorite DC series.

Peace

BANNED

Too much evil Superman for my taste, but it's being well writtern and interesting.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Geek View Post
    I think I'm in the minority that has preferred Taylor's Earth 2 to Robinson's. I think Taylor has stayed in tune with Robinson's amazing world building but I like where Taylor has taken us so far. I'm surprised with how much I have enjoyed his "Kryptonian" storyline.

Nicola Scott as always is one of the best artists in the business.

I'm with you in this boat. I liked Robinson's Earth 2 but I'm enjoying Taylor's as well. It looks like Lois may be getting through to "Smallville" but we'll see how long it lasts. I just hope by the end of this storyline, the Red Tornado isn't a pile of scrap metal lying on the ground.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Too much evil Superman for my taste, but it's being well written and interesting.
    Agreed on all points. I really want to get back to Hawkgirl, Alan and Jay, but I hope Red Tornado Lois version survives all this.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I've given up on caring for the JSA characters to get the spotlight, so I am just reading this book for the story and have to say, I am really enjoying it.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I stopped reading after Robinson left. Did this title become good while I was not paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    I stopped reading after Robinson left. Did this title become good while I was not paying attention?
    Eh... it's a lot more dystopian than I like and the focus is very superman family batman family, to the determent of Jay, Alan, Hawkgirl and Al imo. BUT the writing itself is pretty solid and I really must admit I like the Red Tornado/Lois character. Others praise Aquawoman, though I'm not sure how much she'll be used.
    So I guess 'good' depends on what characters you want to have the spotlight and how upbeat you want it to be
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dang Allred did an amazing variant.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

because it is not necessarily tied down to any previous continuity, anything can happen and I like that aspect about this book. Here's to Lois kicking Superman's butt.

I am finding my self liking Tom Taylors Earth 2 more each month.
    I feel like all the characters (Tom introduced into his story) have been there and
    are playing a big part.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Loved that prev...been loving this book from issue one. Taylor's dialogue is just a bit more "fluid", for want of a better word, than Robinson's though I quite liked the latter's more "classic" feel. Oh, and Nicola Scott is a Goddess! (Damn you red-coloured text block...damn you straight to Tartarus!)
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Really hope Lois kicks hiss butt good. But I also would like to see this arc wind down by issue 25. I like it, but it seems a bit drawn out.