Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dr. Doomsday vs Thanos

Inspired by the Amalgam comics character.

Dr. Doom's intellect/mind/soul whatever gets full control of HP Doomsdays body. He then covers that body in his typical armor, so he gets all the benefits of Dr. Doom added and stacked. He has full use of all his intellect, willpower, magic etc.

First round:
    Khazan, normal conditions

Second round:
    Dr. Doomsday has to find and kill Thanos when he is in one of his "farmer, wanderlust, hobo" moods. Meaning he isn't suspecting the attack. Doom gets full access to Latveria resources but the living tribunal says he's NOT allowed to mess with time, nor alter reality (prime mover) in regards to prep. He needs to find and kill Thanos in 6 months time. Achievable?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

In the first round, no. Doom is just smart enough to know how dead he is.

In the second round... Given Doom’s willpower and the crap he is willing to put himself through to get power, I can totally see Doom creating a series of increasingly horrific deaths for himself to evolve from. Add to that essentially 6 months of one-sided Doomprep, I see no reason at all why he couldn’t take out Thanos.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    In the first round, no. Doom is just smart enough to know how dead he is.

In the second round... Given Doom’s willpower and the crap he is willing to put himself through to get power, I can totally see Doom creating a series of increasingly horrific deaths for himself to evolve from. Add to that essentially 6 months of one-sided Doomprep, I see no reason at all why he couldn’t take out Thanos.
    I don't actually know about that. Peak Doomsday basically treated the Morrison era JLA like wet tissue, which is pretty Thanos-y for sheer brickness. He also adapted to counter things like phasing on the fly, so transmutation seems questionable without Sentry level power backing it up. (Thanos may be a Sentry class foe, but I don't think he has that level of transmutation.) Telepathy seems unlikely given Dooms will power. Thanos's go to move when fighting bricks that are strong enough to not be worth the bother is teleportation. I feel pretty confident Doom can himself teleport with everything else he has.

Would Victor's force fields stack with inherent durability like Lantern's does? Or would this basically be a super durable brick padded in a light layer of bubble wrap?

The big issue is I can't think of anything Doctor Doomsday could do to Thanos without prep. He can slug it out with him, but he ain't dropping the Mad Titan with his fists. So unless DDD can figure out how to induce some sort of Drax style anti Thanos power evolution on the fly, I would guess eventually Thanos tears off the armor and tech and then dumps him into a black hole.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Was Hunter Pray Doomsday doing anything like throwing down with and KOing a guy that tears up stars with his bare hands, such that the backwash of their strikes was causing the Moon of the planet they were on to explode? Or taking a PO'd shot from a casual planet buster like the Silver Surfer and literally not even changing his expression?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Was Hunter Pray Doomsday doing anything like throwing down with and KOing a guy that tears up stars with his bare hands, such that the backwash of their strikes was causing the Moon of the planet they were on to explode? Or taking a PO'd shot from a casual planet buster like the Silver Surfer and literally not even changing his expression?
    I mean the Morrison era JLA included Kyle Rayner, for example, and Doomsday had that whole "tear through the GLC and only gets stopped by a Guardian killing themselves to do it." That latter bit may be a bridge too far, but Kyle has Surfer level feats.

It's actually quite a nod to Thanos that you can stack Dr Doom with Doomsday and still have to wonder if Doom could pull this off. I think I'm like some here; esoterics including telepathy and/or telepathy defense are not enough to give Dr DD an advantage of any sort over Thanos. I think this would include any mystical whamma zamma's Doom could throw at Thanos.

The only thing I wonder is if Doom can use neural scrambling against Thanos and it be enough to work on him. He did it once from a distance on Joe Fixit and against Colossus, but hands on that time.

About the only thing I could come up with that might work on Thanos.

As far as Doom's personal force fields, not too bad actually. I think in Secret Wars (the old one) Doom's force field tanked a near nuclear explosion, but not nearly enough to deal with the devastation Thanos will be delivering. Yeah, Thanos should win this.

Also, given Thanos ability to teleport over vast distances, I'm doubtful as to DDD being able to BFR with any success.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    It's actually quite a nod to Thanos that you can stack Dr Doom with Doomsday and still have to wonder if Doom could pull this off. I think I'm like some here; esoterics including telepathy and/or telepathy defense are not enough to give Dr DD an advantage of any sort over Thanos. I think this would include any mystical whamma zamma's Doom could throw at Thanos.

The only thing I wonder is if Doom can use neural scrambling against Thanos and it be enough to work on him. He did it once from a distance on Joe Fixit and against Colossus, but hands on that time.

About the only thing I could come up with that might work on Thanos.

As far as Doom's personal force fields, not too bad actually. I think in Secret Wars (the old one) Doom's force field tanked a near nuclear explosion, but not nearly enough to deal with the devastation Thanos will be delivering. Yeah, Thanos should win this.

Also, given Thanos ability to teleport over vast distances, I'm doubtful as to DDD being able to BFR with any success.
    Not so much a nuke. I'm the beginning of Sw Galactus flew at the beyonder and Doom flew after him to see what he could see. Beyonder blasted Galactus out of the sky, and Doom too. Doom wakes to find Galactus ko' d on Battleworld. So his forcefield tanked quite a bit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom69 View Post
    Not so much a nuke. I'm the beginning of Sw Galactus flew at the beyonder and Doom flew after him to see what he could see. Beyonder blasted Galactus out of the sky, and Doom too. Doom wakes to find Galactus ko' d on Battleworld. So his forcefield tanked quite a bit.
    Yeah, I loved the monologue for this... but still, that is a bit beyond Doom.. tanking the side-effects of a blast that can KO Galactus, I mean.

The planet, the backwash of their strikes blew up the planet they were fighting on.

Amusing sidebar, so I like to go on about how as we get closer to Infinity War the movie, Thanos will be more consistently written down in power level to someone the Avengers can beat up, and yet apparently in his own series, dude just blew up a planet as nothing but the side effect of him ramming a guy through it.

So he has a ways to fall, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The planet, the backwash of their strikes blew up the planet they were fighting on.

Amusing sidebar, so I like to go on about how as we get closer to Infinity War the movie, Thanos will be more consistently written down in power level to someone the Avengers can beat up, and yet apparently in his own series, dude just blew up a planet as nothing but the side effect of him ramming a guy through it.

So he has a ways to fall, I suppose.
    Well I am hoping Thanos doesn't lose his newfound power level to soon, of if he does I hope he returns to his usual base level. His current story line had him depowered and suffering a terminal illness, now he has attained an even higher level of power via the convenient and previously unknown "God quarry" plot device. Enough might to let him throw down with his Phoenix force empowered son Thane. I am no fan of Thane as a charchter but it was a weird image of Thanos supermanning him through a planet.

In other news looks like you might be right about Black Bolt's nerfing. I really thought it wasn't going to happen, I mean the fact his "voice" is so uncontrollably powerful is a huge part of his character but as of the latest issue of his series, Black Bolt has lost his "voice", apparently for good.

HP Doomsday in the short time he existed more or less ignored Superman wailing on him, Darkseid's OBs on a day they were one shotting Superman level folks. He then has some nifty stuff like walking through the big 7 JLA line up and then later Orion and Martian manhunter in under a minute. He also has a bit where he tore through the Impereix army with Superman, whose individual members were wrecking the JLA

He's at least physically comparable to Thanos though lacking in a number of categories that Doom might help bridge...

I suppose we could make a comparison between Thanos and Doomsday's durability considering that it was entropy that finally destroyed Doomsie at the end of that book. Not so sure in the strength department though. Thanos going toe to toe with a power gem Thor, destroying not one, but two planets now (see latest Thanos....the fight is worth the read) as a side effect of skirmishes with other heavies. Thanos might be a level above Doomsday in raw brute strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I suppose we could make a comparison between Thanos and Doomsday's durability considering that it was entropy that finally destroyed Doomsie at the end of that book. Not so sure in the strength department though. Thanos going toe to toe with a power gem Thor, destroying not one, but two planets now (see latest Thanos....the fight is worth the read) as a side effect of skirmishes with other heavies. Thanos might be a level above Doomsday in raw brute strength.
    Well, if you take Doomsday smashing through the entire JLA including Kyle Rayner at face value, he's got plenty of oomph. And honestly, you kinda got to, because Doomsday didn't really show any sort of ceiling on his power before they officially depowered him. The Martian Manhunter and Orion literally couldn't last one minute with Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well, if you take Doomsday smashing through the entire JLA including Kyle Rayner at face value, he's got plenty of oomph. And honestly, you kinda got to, because Doomsday didn't really show any sort of ceiling on his power before they officially depowered him. The Martian Manhunter and Orion literally couldn't last one minute with Doomsday.
    Yeah, HP Doomsday was treating class 100s in the same way a silverback gorilla would treat a 12 year old boy. He mangled their bones, mostly ignored their attacks, shredded their skin (in single strikes) and when they *did* manage to hurt him? He would heal or evolve.

Is he as tough as Thanos? I dunno. I wouldn't have thought he could win solo... but maybe with the versatility Doom provides it could become a legit fight
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Eh, fair enough. HP shredded Darkseid, laughed off the Omega beams and destroyed the Radiant the second time they met. Oddly, while it was Brainiac that was controlling HPD when he shredded the league, I suppose I always thought MM was a more powerful telepath than Brainiac.

Nevertheless, I suppose in HPDD's body, the gap is close enough physically that Doom can hang for a while.

I wonder if HPDD's physical durability would allow Doctor Doom enough time to use neural scrambling or if that would even work on Thanos?

Fantastic Four 320.1 - Dooms neural scrambler prevents Hulk from using full strength.jpgUncanny X-Men 145.1 - Doom neural disruptor.jpg

EDIT: I suppose the only thought that comes to mind regarding Doomsie shredding Kyle is Kyle has demonstrated some amazing stuff in Heaven's Ladder. I mean, we'd be saying H/P Doomsday nasty enough to overcome anything Kyle could throw at him. That....would be impressive.
    Last edited by Cronus; 10-11-2017 at 10:00 PM.