Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I still don't get why Jeen even went over there. OG Logan was like the character least relevant to her at this point .

Nothing Jeen does makes sense.

Ultimate Member

I'm going to guess that they're going to tie Logan and Jean's returns together and maybe pair the two up and having teen Jean start it all off...

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

When Teen Jean said "we" she might have meant the X-Men, but I think she meant her and Adult Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    Not only that she even became evil in the future (BOTA), anyways she still isn't as bad Xavier, yet...
    Technically that never happened according to a retcon bendis did saying that xorna was just a psychic projection by xavier jr.

(Another interpretation is that it was actually jeen in bota but that xavier later used a psychic projection of her. Retcons and time travel make things confusing).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The only time that I actually liked Jeen was during Lemire's run on OML. That was only time she acted like Jean. Confident, Short temper, Caring, Powerful, and a little pinch of Sassy/Sarcastic on her. Now, that Jeen is long gone. Now, she pretty much acts very Bratty, Selfish, Entitled for the wrong reasons (And a jerk :P). Every time I see her solo I just shake my head, because I want to read the Jeen that was in the OML book. Thank God Jean is coming back.

Also, I just remember that in the OML series Jeen once said that she trusts on Magneto, but in the solicitations for Blue in the beginning issues it said that she didn't trust Magneto. Error! Error! On continuity!

BANNED

I am truly sick of all this teen xmen stiff..please let it burn out.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    We knew Jeen was a jerk since All-New X-Men Vol 1 in 2013.

BTW, all the O5 are jerks. Kill them all.
    Agreed upon on so many levels.

Jeen has been a jerk at times, which is why I'm not a huge fan. She's different enough from Jean to feel like Marvel is aping the original. That said I disagree with your analysis. Comic book timeline continuity is a fluid thing that's only acknowledged when the creators need it to be acknowledged.

Jean Grey was a lot of things, but she was never a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I am truly sick of all this teen xmen stiff..please let it burn out.
    Well the Phoenix comes to burn what doesn't work, and I hear the Phoenix is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Thank God Jean is coming back.
    But will anyone at Marvel remember how to write Jean Grey? It's been so long and the creative vision has changed so much since she was last officially on panel. Having read through uncanny, x-factor, x-men, uncanny again and finally new x-men recently, I think I have a clear picture of Jean. Will the creators put in this kind of time? We'll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    But will anyone at Marvel remember how to write Jean Grey? It's been so long and the creative vision has changed so much since she was last officially on panel. Having read through uncanny, x-factor, x-men, uncanny again and finally new x-men recently, I think I have a clear picture of Jean. Will the creators put in this kind of time? We'll find out soon.
    Well, Lemire remembered how Jean's voice was like, and he put it on Jeen's voice. Sure, he doesn't write for Marvel anymore, but I'm pretty sure there's a writer(s) at Marvel right now that remembers her voice. He wrote her basically all of those titles you just listed believe it or not. But for me, I can't speak for no one, but Lemire wrote her very X-Factor Jean the second one was Uncanny Jean (Gold team) the rest were just moments.

Tell you what, read OML #8 and that's the only issue you need to read, she has multiple appearances but 8 is the only important one. That particular issue shows that they didn't forget how to write Jean. So, in other words, she'll be fine in this status quo... I think...
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 10-10-2017 at 02:12 AM.

The moment I saw this thread this is all I could think of http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-cont...-is-a-jerk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Technically that never happened according to a retcon bendis did saying that xorna was just a psychic projection by xavier jr.

(Another interpretation is that it was actually jeen in bota but that xavier later used a psychic projection of her. Retcons and time travel make things confusing).
    Even if it was really her, she was brainwashed, not actually evil. Same goes for the whole team except for Xavier himself, who did the brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't get why Jeen even went over there. OG Logan was like the character least relevant to her at this point .
    It's the old Marvel policy of "There has always been something deep between Logan and Jean Grey". They have been trying to enforce that for years. Doesn't matter which versions. Similar thing also happened in Extraordinary X-Men with Jeen and Old Man Logan.

I also think they've learned some stuff from movies. No need to actually make connection between the two. Just keep telling audience that there is, and they will believe it. Seems to be working.