Default Ruby Rose and John Wick 2

Why was there no outcry from the deaf mute community that they didn't hire an actual deaf/mute actress to play the part?

I remember when they remade ironside there was an outcry about them not hiring someone in an actual wheelchair despite the fact they had scenes with Underwood walking in flashbacks.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Same should apply to Black Bolt, shouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Good point

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Why was there no outcry from the deaf mute community that they didn't hire an actual deaf/mute actress to play the part?
    What's the point of that question and really - just say what you're intending to say so we can get it out of the way...

Extraordinary Member

The part is so small that it went under a lot of people's radar that there was a deaf/mute character in the film at all. The story didn't make a big deal out this aspect of the character so it didn't get brought up a lot when people saw the movie. No one was bothered by it one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Black Bolt isn't mute or deaf. He can talk just fine, but he'd kill a lot of people if he did.

*Must Resist the Obvious Joke*

Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's the point of that question and really - just say what you're intending to say so we can get it out of the way...
    I'm sorry what was I intending to say? It's a legitimate question. When Blaire Underwood was cast as Ironside there was an outcry that they didn't cast an actor who was in a wheel chair. Of course that was negated by the fact that they had flashbacks of him not in a wheel chair. With ruby rose there were no scenes of her talking shown so why not use that as an opportunity to cast someone who was legitimately deaf/mute.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Btw I just saw the movie yesturday is why I asked. I forgot she was in it and was surprised that she was cast in a non speaking role. It made me wonder why bother cast her and have her not speak

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Fck it, there was no outcry cause they didn't hear the news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The part is so small that it went under a lot of people's radar that there was a deaf/mute character in the film at all. The story didn't make a big deal out this aspect of the character so it didn't get brought up a lot when people saw the movie. No one was bothered by it one way or the other.

Black Bolt isn't mute or deaf. He can talk just fine, but he'd kill a lot of people if he did.
    She had as big a part as Common did

Matt "peace out suckas"

I'm sorry what was I intending to say? It's a legitimate question. When Blaire Underwood was cast as Ironside there was an outcry that they didn't cast an actor who was in a wheel chair. Of course that was negated by the fact that they had flashbacks of him not in a wheel chair. With ruby rose there were no scenes of her talking shown so why not use that as an opportunity to cast someone who was legitimately deaf/mute.
    My mistake - from the phrasing I mistook your question as a snide anti-SJW potshot. (the internet being what it is these days has my cynicism on high alert )

Extraordinary Member

She had as big a part as Common did
    That's still a fairly small part. Both can be summed up as "Fights John Wick slightly longer than most other people he kills".
    Btw I just saw the movie yesturday is why I asked. I forgot she was in it and was surprised that she was cast in a non speaking role. It made me wonder why bother cast her and have her not speak
    She pulled off the right type of body language and expressions that they were looking for. At least that's my guess.

BANNED

Why didn't they hire an actual blind guy to play Matt Murdock wtf

BANNED

I remember when they remade ironside there was an outcry about them not hiring someone in an actual wheelchair despite the fact they had scenes with Underwood walking in flashbacks.
    They never heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Fck it, there was no outcry cause they didn't hear the news!!
    Thank you.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile