Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Elena Satine plays Beautiful Dreamer, I believe she was one of the morlocks in the comics. Elena is utterly stunning, I couldn't take my eyes off of her whenever she was in the scene. I also agree it's frustrating they don't introduce a character by their name so you're left wondering who they are.

Loved the Mutant Liberation Front name drop. I wonder if they're still active in this world, pretty scary.
    Just reinforcing that point. Even the minor supporting characters are gorgeous.

My thoughts are in random order:

The racial and sexual (and other) minority metaphors are so good in this episode.

For example, blink is chased in episode 1 For stealing food; but the argument by eclipse in this episode is that society forces mutants like her to steal by creating the oppressive mutant environment that makes it harder for them to get things like food in the first place. In other words it's a cyclical self fulfilling prophecy.

This is also a similar thing to where the mutant prosecuting dad sees a mutant get bullied at the beginning of the episode but doesn't intervene; he only intervenes when she responds to being bullied with accidental force. Basically it says "see look mutants are dangerous" when really the mutant was the victim in the first place (in this case). It's funny how much the perspective is warped depending which lens it's viewed through and sad to think how often this likely occurs in real life.

I'm also glad that the trivial topic that is Polaris's hair color was "solved" this episode. Sometimes these things seem like shortcomings on the surface to some people but really they are plot points that unfold if you just have patience to let them happen organically.

The only negative thing I can even come Up with to say is that the people who "need" to see this show (to challenge their irrational beliefs) are likely not among the audience. What a pity. (Though I could be wrong).

Favorite line of the episode:

"A lot of people have been fighting this fight for a long time. And now it's our turn." -Caitlyn Strucker
    Last edited by Grey; 10-09-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

The inmate with the chalky cracked skin looks really cool. I wonder what her powers are.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 10-09-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Thanks! I didn't realize that was her

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Dreamer.... hmmm, is that suppose to be beautiful Dreamer, the Morlock?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

It seems to me that the father is willing to sell out the Mutant Underground in exchange for charges against his mother, wife and children being dropped. At the same time, the mother has developed a sense of community with the mutants. I think this will be a point of contention between them. The father willing to give up the mutants to save his family but his wife stands with them.

Heard the actress of Polaris said that the season is 18 days of their lives. I think it's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    It seems to me that the father is willing to sell out the Mutant Underground in exchange for charges against his mother, wife and children being dropped. At the same time, the mother has developed a sense of community with the mutants. I think this will be a point of contention between them. The father willing to give up the mutants to save his family but his wife stands with them.

Heard the actress of Polaris said that the season is 18 days of their lives. I think it's interesting.
    Less than three weeks! So not a lot of time-skip in this season, huh.

Another good episode really enjoying the show quickly becoming my favorite Network Superhero show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Less than three weeks! So not a lot of time-skip in this season, huh.
    That's her estimate. Between 18 and 24. Here: https://youtu.be/nLn_XpWB14c?t=281

That's her estimate. Between 18 and 24. Here: https://youtu.be/nLn_XpWB14c?t=281
    Everything's gonna move pretty fast this season then. Like you said, interesting info, thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Everything's gonna move pretty fast this season then. Like you said, interesting info, thanks.
    You're welcome. It also seems, from that interview, that Lorna's actress did not have to work too hard at getting into character.

Great episode. Very hard-hitting in the sense that it revealed the depths of mutant struggles. They're struggles that nobody really understand until it's thrust into their faces, like with the Von Struckers. They were content to believe that the laws and the system was sufficient. Now that their own children are involved, they realize just how flawed it is. It's pretty powerful stuff. It kind of reminded me of that scene in X2 where Bobby's parents basically turn on him. It's something we don't get to see much in the X-men these days due to time travelers, cosmic forces, etc.

So far, this show is hitting all the right notes. I really like where it's going. I look forward to seeing more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Strong episode. The plot thickens. The prison dynamics had my attention the most of course. Never thought it would have to end like this.

The mother and father having to face their bigoted viewpoints was funny too.

BANNED

I think Reed is just playing a long game, here. We've seen photos and previews that show him in prison with Lorna, so I suspect he's stringing Turner along somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I think Reed is just playing a long game, here. We've seen photos and previews that show him in prison with Lorna, so I suspect he's stringing Turner along somehow.
    He could also be trying to get information about Mutant Underground out of her to fulfil his end of the bargain to the Sentinel officer.