Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Easily better than the first episode. Still haven't earned up to the Struckers, but everything involving the Mutant Underground was quality TV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I finally got a show for me. Now I know how Arrow Flash etc people felt.

MLF name dropped omg
    This is X-actly how I feel! It's like this show was specifically designed, with many (if not all) of us X-fans in mind. Like it's whispering ALL the right things, in our ears, to make us absolutely giddy with reflection, anticipation, & wonder. But it's also got heart & emotion, and IMPORANT, cautionary tales, to X-plore & bring to light.

BTW, after Polaris, Thunderbird was the standout for me this episode. REALLY liked him in it, and my favorability towards him definitely ticked up a bit. Didn't realize at first, that he actually took the brunt of the impact to protect the Struckers, from that incoming half of a truck crashing through the MUHQ. But it was his caring for Blink, his loyalty to her, that did it the most. He stood by her, was unwavering, and seems GREAT under pressure. He comes across as a good man, a strong man, in every sense of the word.

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-10-2017 at 08:50 AM.

BANNED

Enjoyed it more than the first episode.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

It's gonna suck if they follow comics and kill Thunderbird.

I'd rather Eclipse die

I think they'll be a plot twist involving Ahab.

Maybe a recasted Bishop or Shard will come back in time to get the group focsed on Ahab.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 10-10-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh wow this was really good. I enjoyed the first episode alright but this is firing all cylinders now. Loved the prison scenes with Lorna, Cailtin and Marcos discussing and experiencing social issues and discrimination, and intrigued by how Mama Strucker is growing fond of the Mutant Underground while at the same time Papa is making a deal to bring it down. Episode 3 can't get here soon enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The inmate with the chalky cracked skin looks really cool. I wonder what her powers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Thanks! I didn't realize that was her
    You're most welcome, Rnap22, my pleasure!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-10-2017 at 07:36 AM.

The background mutants have cool designs. I like the elf looking fella who can manipulate fear and another one looks like Shaak-Ti from star wars.

All around a good episode.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The background mutants have cool designs. I like the elf looking fella who can manipulate fear...
    Better look at GARGOYLE:

BANNED

I wonder if any of these new mutants will pull an X23/Harley Quinn and crossover into comics successfully.

BANNED

That Gargoyle mutant makes me wish the XMEN somehow got the rights to the Gargoyle cartoon characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I wonder if any of these new mutants will pull an X23/Harley Quinn and crossover into comics successfully.
    I'm not sure how many of the background characters are originals, but I think Eclipse is the one with the best chance.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm not sure how many of the background characters are originals, but I think Eclipse is the one with the best chance.
    Other than Porcelain and Eclipse I think most of the mutants that we've seen have ties to the comics. Dreamer, Sage, Pulse, Shatter.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Who was the red head? In my mind I kept wanting to say Siren but no Irish accent. I hate when shows don't introduce characters by name. She seemed like she may be important so I'd like to know who she is. I don't think they really introduced Sage by name last week, though I could be wrong.
    Actually, the girl in the bowling alley had Siren's powers but she wasn't Irish (or at least didn't have the accent) and she didn't look anything like her. But who knows?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    WHAT you mean to tell me somebody remembered the Chicago Morlocks from that old mini series. I gotta give it to them them they did a great job on Shatter. I wonder if other Morlocks from that series will show up? It's great that this show does not mind taking characters from X-books that get very little panel time, This show is like exploring a whole new world where some supporting X-characters that have been just about erased from the comics can show up.

It's refreshing to see a comic book show that is not scared of the source material and draws from it.