Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Cast an X-Character (All Universes)

With the XCU expanded by both Legion and The Gifted, and New Mutants set to take it even further, I'm interested in which characters you would introduce, and who you would have play them.

However to stop this from turning to a gripe fest over Fox's existing casting decisions, there's going to be RULES:

1) You must specify which universe the character will be appearing in. Those universes are:
    a) Bad Future (Origins, Original Trilogy, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past Dark Future)
    b) Good Future (First Class, Days of Future Past 1970s and Bright Future, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, New Mutants, Deadpool/X-Force, Gambit, Logan)
    c) The Gifted
    Note: Because of the ambiguity of the showrunners, Legion can be considered part of any of these three universes (and frankly, given the nature of David's powers, he very well COULD be part of all three). I'm also counting First Class as part of the Good Future ONLY, in order to minimize resulting continuity problems.

2) NO RECASTING CHARACTERS WHO ALREADY EXIST IN THE SAME UNIVERSE. Yes, we know, Fox's casting decisions are divisive, and it's caused all sorts of arguments on the forums. Therefore, if a character already exists within a given setting, you CANNOT recast them. IE, Hugh Jackman is Wolverine in the Bad and Good Futures. PERIOD. However, some caveats:
    a) If you can think of a DAMN GOOD in-story justification for it, such as the character's powers, in which case you must spell out how it will work. Mystique being recast because she takes a different shape is perfectly acceptable. A telepath like Emma in the Good Future appearing as a different actress because she's using her telepathy to make others see her as someone else is fine, so long as it's understood that January Jones is STILL her "primary" actress, and would be appearing instead whenever Emma's telepathy isn't working. Plastic surgery, impostors, refugees from another universe, and other such cheese ARE NOT ALLOWED.
    b) You CAN cast a different actor if the time period allows; IE casting a younger actor to play Donald Pierce during a pre-2029 period of the Good Future, such as if you want to show 18 year-old Donald losing his hand in combat while fighting Wade Wilson in Jacksonville.
    c) If a character has appeared in one universe, but not in another, you can cast a new actor in the universe in which they have yet to appear. IE, Siren appeared in the Bad Future timeline, but has yet to appear in the Good Future. Therefore, Siren can be recast in the Good Future.
    d) Characters who appeared in the "Bright Future" coda when Logan awoke in 2023 (specifically, Rogue, Iceman, and Kitty) but have yet to appear in any other part of the timeline may be recast (thus Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Colossus are unavailable in the Good Future).

3) Try to give us a reason why you think they'd be right for the part, not just a name and a picture.

4) Officially Announced castings for films yet to be released are to be considered as definitive as films already released (sorry Gambit fans, until he leaves the project Tatum is still "it"). However RUMORED castings that have not been acknowledged are free game until officially announced (so Lilandra and Dazzler are both currently free).

5) NO REBOOTS. The available universes are what they are. Work within them.

So, a couple to get us started:

Selene Gallio - Good Future

Eva Green.

First of all, I absolutely LOVE Eva. She's absurdly beautiful, and excels at playing dark, powerful, manipulative, and dangerous women. All of which perfectly describes the Black Queen. As a bonus, she's a bit of a geek with a love of the macabre and paranormal, and Selene's background as a mutant vampire with aspirations of divinity would be a role right up her alley.

X-23 - The Gifted

India Eisley

Dafne Keen was wonderful in Logan, and I can't wait to see what's in store for her next in films (seriously, Fox, just announce the movie already!). However the separate universe presented by The Gifted also offers an opportunity to take a different approach on the character, one that heels a little closer to her depiction in the comics.
    I've mentioned this one before, and it's India Eisley. Not only is Eisley just about a spot-on physical match (pretty and of unassumingly small build, with pale skin, black hair, and green eyes) but several of her past roles — particularly Eve of the Underworld series, and her role in Kite — pretty much ARE Laura Kinney. I could absolutely see a spin on NYX as her introduction in the Gifted, with Eisley in the role.

Jean Grey: Katherine McNamera

Toad: Noel Fisher (reprising the role from X-Men: Evolution)

Apocalypse: Kevin Grevioux

Last edited by KurtW95; 10-09-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Read the rules. Which universe is this for?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Jeez-o-pete... Kurt95 that is the perfect Jean Grey. Kinda makes u see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Read the rules. Which universe is this for?
    Ha. Fine. I admit, I saw the title and just skipped reading the rules. Apocalypse is an easy one. The version in the main movie universe has already switched bodies multiple times. Casting Kevin Grevioux would be a great idea because he is far more of a physical match to the comic version. Jean? Let's have her be the main universe version of Jean as well and maybe say that her transformation into the Phoenix when redirected changed her appearance a bit. Kind of like with Doctor Who, but on a lesser scale. And Toad, also the main universe. The one in Days of Future Past has a disfigured face. Let's just say that it got fixed through experimentation like how his appearance changed in the comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Karl Urban for Scott Summers in the Gifted universe (assuming the X-Men appear). I think he's a tremendous actor who could play Cyke in any way the show might require.image.jpg

BANNED

alice eve as emma frost movies

alice-eve-8.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post

alice-eve-8.jpg
    Which timeline? And if it's New Timeline, how are you getting around her being played by Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post

alice-eve-8.jpg
    She's 5'5". Way to short to be Emma who's supposed to be 5'10". She has "talent" i'll grant you but not quite right. Kate Upton is way closer physically to Emma.

KateU.jpg
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 10-09-2017 at 11:36 PM.

I really liked what they did with Laura, so I'd go similarly young for Doug and Warlock in the Good Universe (New Mutants).

Jacob Tremblay and Neel Sethi

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

The first thing you should know, I pray for this never to happen, for my trust in Hollywood is zero: you never know when it's gonna be something good or a terrible mess, so I better give up right now.

UNIVERSE: Good Future, I guess, since it wouldn't be a close-mutant-related plot.

LONGSHOT: Ewan McGregor. I know he's fortyish, but I don't give a damn, I just can't imagine another one. Who says every movie character must be in his/her twenties, anyway? (All producers, I know, I know, shame to them!).

RITA "RICOCHET" WAYWORD / SPIRAL: Zoë Bell. She should dye her hair black; her eyes are blue, but it's fine, it doesn't matter too much --in fact, she should wear contact lens when playing Spiral, so... Now, she's a real stuntwoman, and she totally won me over in 'Death Proof': I found her fresh, funny and totally amusing. I would love to see her as Rita.

ARIZE: Uh... Could I pick Ian McKellen again? Pretty please? No? Well, then Tommy Lee Jones the Great.

MOJO: He would be mainly SFX, plus someone very expressive for his facial gestures...and with a fabulous voice.

QUARK: He should be a very tall and very very hefty guy, deep voice. He should too wear, that's clear, a ram mask.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 10-10-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    She's 5'5". Way to short to be Emma who's supposed to be 5'10". She has "talent" i'll grant you but not quite right. Kate Upton is way closer physically to Emma.

KateU.jpg
    How short is Wolverine, and how tall was Hugh Jackman?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

KateU.jpg
    Height means nothing. If that was the case, you'd have to have models playing every X-woman.

Alice Eve has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Height means nothing. If that was the case, you'd have to have models playing every X-woman.
    Bingo!
    10char