Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Star Wars - The Last Jedi *new trailer* SPOILERS!

Whoa!! Oh my, did you see....? Did she....? Oh, wow.

So Rey is more powerful than Luke has ever seen and is scared to train her. But the end....is she really joining with Kylo? Nah.

Last edited by The Whovian; 10-09-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'll take a stab: Rey is going to be disenchanted with Luke to some degree, which will lead her to seeking out more knowledge elsewhere, like Anakin. She will indeed go with Kylo when they next meet, and he'll bring her to Snoke. I think this is where the similarities with Anakin end though and she will realize her mistake. She won't join them, which leads to Snoke attacking her. Meanwhile the potential to fail someone again will reignite something in Luke, who drops his angst and goes after Rey. When she needs him most Luke will arrive, green saber blazing and we'll see him in action once more.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll take a stab: Rey is going to be disenchanted with Luke to some degree, which will lead her to seeking out more knowledge elsewhere, like Anakin. She will indeed go with Kylo when they next meet, and he'll bring her to Snoke. I think this is where the similarities with Anakin end though and she will realize her mistake. She won't join them, which leads to Snoke attacking her. Meanwhile the potential to fail someone again will reignite something in Luke, who drops his angst and goes after Rey. When she needs him most Luke will arrive, green saber blazing and we'll see him in action once more.
    Sounds about right. In that scene in the cave, he says to Rey "This won't end like you think it will". That's probably what will happen. She will leave his training and go to Kylo, who takes her to Snoke.

I really hope they reveal who Snoke is in this movie though. I don't want to have to wait for the next movie to reveal it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Default The Last Jedi

Trailer 2 hits

Not sure I like all of what I saw, but it has me intrigued a great deal. A little darker, but not too dark to cease being Star Wars.

Who thinks Kylo pulls the trigger and kills Leia?

Captain Phasma looked cool. I bet she kicks Finn's butt.

Looking at the end of the trailer again, I don't think Rey and Kylo are in the same scene. It looks like there's fire raining down around Kylo, but there isn't any around Rey. I think now that it's misdirection

BANNED

Man maybe I'm just not a Star Wars fan. Nothing about this trailer piqued my interest. The most I can say is that it looks breathtaking visually.

iMan 42s

I'm wondering if Snoke isn't speaking to Kylo Ren but speaking to Rey. Perhaps Snoke had to settle for Kylo Ren whereas Rey is perhaps far more powerful, and the reason she was left on Jakku was to hide her from Snoke. Both Ben and Rey are powerful but Rey had the edge and Snoke had to get the next best thing. Even watching Ben for as long as Snoke did could be that he was keeping an eye on his options.
    I don't think we've ever seen a darkside user get overthrown on screen so perhaps Kylo Ren gets overthrown by Rey and the Praetorian are present to execute Ben which would explain why Kylo Ren would be fighting them.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Look at the expression on Luke's face when he sees Rey use the force. He is clearly concerned about how powerful she is. I think she may turn out to be the most powerful force wielder ever.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

In the scene where Rey is bending backwards and screaming you can see someone wearing a gold cloak facing her and in the glimpse of Snoke's face you can see he's wearing a gold cloak, so while it might seem that his dialogue in the trailer is to Kylo it's likely that some or all of it is said to Rey.

Now we know why Luke doesn't have synthetic skin over his prosthetic hand. The academy falls down on him, and you can see his hand push up through the debris. He obviously doesn't bother getting it repaired and goes into isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm wondering if Snoke isn't speaking to Kylo Ren but speaking to Rey. Perhaps Snoke had to settle for Kylo Ren whereas Rey is perhaps far more powerful, and the reason she was left on Jakku was to hide her from Snoke.
    I think Rey is definitely more powerful. Luke says he's only seen one other person with this much power before and it could only be four other people: Vader, Kylo, Snoke or Sidious. I don't think it's either of the latter. He never really had a lot of interaction with Sidious and I have a feeling he hasn't met Snoke yet. But I could be wrong and perhaps he has.

That leaves Vader and Kylo. Vader was supposed to be the strongest force wielder ever. Kylo is very strong too, but he was genuinely concerned when he saw Rey use the force like she did to crack the ground with that much force. Plus, she was able to rival Kylo the very first time she met him and she hadn't even had any training yet, but Kylo did.

My guess, and that's all it is, is Luke was talking about Vader, but knowing Disney, I'm probably wrong and he is talking about Snoke or Kylo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Who thinks Kylo pulls the trigger and kills Leia?

Captain Phasma looked cool. I bet she kicks Finn's butt.

Looking at the end of the trailer again, I don't think Rey and Kylo are in the same scene. It looks like there's fire raining down around Kylo, but there isn't any around Rey. I think now that it's misdirection
    Being that it's the middle movie I think all the good guys will catch a butt-kicking. Heck think it would be interesting if Finn goes undercover, gets through his fight and ends up getting converted to a bad guy force wielder! It would at least make up for the garbage bait and switch of making him a jedi. Think about how left field of a plot twist that would be.

Funny how somewhere along the way movie guys forgot that the goal of a trailer is nothing more than to build hype, not giving away most of the story.

You pretty much have the whole scene of the masked nose frying his mom lol.

Anyway, of course i am going to watch that movie. Not hugely excited but that looks decent enough.

So I guess Ren brings Rey to Snoke?

Astonishing Member

I told myself not to watch the trailer, so as to avoid spoilers. That lasted 20 minutes.

I'M SO EXCITED!