Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 109 of 109
  1. #106
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Finn being force sensitive is kind of a weird thing to answer as we don't really have an answer to how even the Empire did it in the new canon and we know they did at least something with Force sensitives outside of the Inquistors. In legends they had units for Force sensitive cadets but that mostly went into special units like the prototype Saber guards and the few in number Shadow Guard (Shadow Guard being a thing Disney is Marketing so they may make a comeback).

    Best guess if Finn was is that he was too small in power to be considered a threat, Finn was more skilled in other tasks as I'm pretty sure his first mission was Jakku, or it happened to be overlooked by people looking for it. Whats more is that I don't think the First Order has many variants in troops as they seem more concerned with successful basics before they branch out. It seems like the FO detachments are very small by comparison compared to the Empire so it may lack backing for one reason or another.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  2. #107
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Finn being force sensitive is kind of a weird thing to answer as we don't really have an answer to how even the Empire did it in the new canon and we know they did at least something with Force sensitives outside of the Inquistors.
    Where was that? I recall that the people making Rebels were operating under the assumption that the Inquistors were the only non-Sith Force users in the Empire and that they were gone by the time of ANH (per Motti's comments).

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    In legends they had units for Force sensitive cadets but that mostly went into special units like the prototype Saber guards and the few in number Shadow Guard (Shadow Guard being a thing Disney is Marketing so they may make a comeback).
    Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Best guess if Finn was is that he was too small in power to be considered a threat, Finn was more skilled in other tasks as I'm pretty sure his first mission was Jakku, or it happened to be overlooked by people looking for it. Whats more is that I don't think the First Order has many variants in troops as they seem more concerned with successful basics before they branch out. It seems like the FO detachments are very small by comparison compared to the Empire so it may lack backing for one reason or another.
    Maybe. We do know that Jakku was his first live mission (per his explanation when he tells Rey the truth at Maz's). The Before the Awakening novella and Finn's Story junior novelization of TFA do establish a brief mission to a mine that that further cemented his disillusion with the First Order before his defection. Given how few details we know about the First Order as of right now, you could be right that a spoon-bender could slip through the cracks.

    (If you're interesting in how the First Order trains it's troops, the books Before the Awakening and Phasma are good sources.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Kylo kills Leia and he'll be the most hated villain in Star Wars.
    Isn't he already?
    "A bottomless pit is the safest place to be"

  4. #109
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Isn't he already?
    He means the good kind of hatred.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •