Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma was cited as having latent tk in Gen X when Synch synched with her it was credited to her latent telekinetic abilities
    What issue was that cited in?. Emma having TK powers that she cant access doesnt even make sense

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What issue was that cited in?. Emma having TK powers that she cant access doesnt even make sense
    I remember Synch, synching to Chamber, and using Chamber's power for flying, but I dont remember the Emma telekinesis thing.
    Having powers you dont know how to activate isnt impossible.
    Emma's diamond form appeared decades after the first appearance of the character, and in the same run Cassandra Nova, who had access to all of the possible latent powers expressed in Xavier's dna, could do many things Charles cant do like levitating herself or phasing.

IIRC, Jean having only telekinesis for years because Xavier was blocking her telepathy, is a retcon.

Characters gaining powers isnt that rare.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I remember Synch, synching to Chamber, and using Chamber's power for flying, but I dont remember the Emma telekinesis thing.
    Having powers you dont know how to activate isnt impossible.
    Emma's diamond form appeared decades after the first appearance of the character, and in the same run Cassandra Nova, who had access to all of the possible latent powers expressed in Xavier's dna, could do many things Charles cant do like levitating herself or phasing.

IIRC, Jean having only telekinesis for years because Xavier was blocking her telepathy, is a retcon.

Characters gaining powers isnt that rare.
    that was a secondary mutation, not a latent one. And she didnt know she was capable of that until it happened. If there is true evidence of Emma having TK, it makes no sense why in 2017, she has never actively utilized it, When possessing Iceman, she could use his powers to greater potential but cant with her own? I dont buy that

Gaining powers isnt rare, but thats not the issue here
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Generation X 40

Generation X 40
    thanks....10char

BANNED

Generation X 40
    He Synchs with Emma and then demonstrates telekinetic abilities while he's in a coma. Although it's only said that he takes on her "formidable psionic powers" doesn't say anything about Emma being a telekinetic. Claudette & Nicole were also shown to have very different powers in that issue. Claudette uses chalk to make a portal and send Emplate and Penance through to whatever dimension they went to. It was all very odd and out of place.

I really liked gen X, the new one should have been about the old generations instead of QQ

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    I really liked gen X, the new one should have been about the old generations instead of QQ
    the M twins havent been seen in almost 2 decades I think, the same goes for Cordelia Frost. Mondo was recently in the New Tian Secret Empire books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    QQ puts me off the book. I can see him being an occasional antagonist like Phoebe, or Bling, but he's in almost every issue and it totally kills what they're trying to achieve. He isn't likable, he isn't relatable, and he isn't entertaining.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean being able to transfer her consciousness into Emma and use her TK through Emma was suppose to show how powerful Jean was. Remember, Xavier said that Jean was a telepath of intricate design and that was partly why the Phoenix was interested in her.

I don't like the idea that all telepaths are latent telekinetics. Telepathy and telekinesis are separate powers. I like how some psychics have specialized abilities (empathy, possession, fear inducing, precognition, psychometry etc) without having full range psionic abilities. Of course some do have the potential for all the abilities, but they shouldn't all be that way. Let them be distinct.

I liked Betsy better as a telepath with specialized abilities such as the psi knife and precognitive flashes. Now she is a full range telepath and telekinetic and everyone is making psychic constructs (Rachel, Jean, Quentin, etc). Why make their powers all the same?