Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How many times has Jean-Phoenix possessed Emma?

I was reading the last comic of the Jean Grey solo and at the end Jean posses Emma’s body, and it came to my mind that Jean occupied her body back in the original gold era when Trevor Fitzroy killed the Hellions and again the phoenix possessed her in “end song”. Is there any other time that Jean-Phoenix had possessed her body? Maybe she did something the first time since if I remember correctly Emma was in iceman body and is easier now if not, it was way too easy to control her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    I was reading the last comic of the Jean Grey solo and at the end Jean posses Emma’s body, and it came to my mind that Jean occupied her body back in the original gold era when Trevor Fitzroy killed the Hellions and again the phoenix possessed her in “end song”. Is there any other time that Jean-Phoenix had possessed her body? Maybe she did something the first time since if I remember correctly Emma was in iceman body and is easier now if not, it was way too easy to control her.
    Emma wasn't in Iceman's body when Jean possessed her the first time. She was in a coma.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emma wasn't in Iceman's body when Jean possessed her the first time. She was in a coma.
    Well yeah Emma was in a coma and while there she possessed Jean firsts then Bobby before being revived.

Answering Op question. No I don't recall any other times
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Well yeah Emma was in a coma and while there she possessed Jean firsts then Bobby before being revived.

You must be thinking of Storm... Emma never possessed Jean's body (please correct me if I'm wrong) it was the other way around.

That were Emma fan's got the notion that Emma was a latent telekinetic.

BANNED

That was Claremont's mistake. Jean shouldn't have been able to use her TK in Emma's body since mutations are physiological ...unless Jean was accessing her own tk from her own body

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That was Claremont's mistake. Jean shouldn't have been able to use her TK in Emma's body since mutations are physiological ...unless Jean was accessing her own tk from her own body
    I thought that Emma is a latent tk user, hence why the Cuckoos have tk abilities that Emma doesn't access?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I thought that Emma is a latent tk user, hence why the Cuckoos have tk abilities that Emma doesn't access?
    Depends on the writer honestly. Those demonstrations have been very far and few between

Astonishing Member

Depends on the writer honestly. Those demonstrations have been very far and few between
    I think almost everything about Emma and Telekinesis is a mistake

Jean shouldnt have been able to use Telekinesis in Emma's body because mutations are physiological, you can take away someone's mental powers by removing a part of their brain, as it happened to the Age of Apocalypse Emma. Jean in Emma's body should only have been able to use the abilities of Emma.

And when the Cuckoos used telekinesis in the Bendis run (one of them drops a bowl on teen Iceman's head) that was Bendis being Bendis and ignoring continuity and how the powers of characters work.

IIRC, in Generation X, Emma is shown once unconciously levitating objects while sleeping, and the Cuckoos had telekinesis, but only while they had the Phoenix in the heart. When the Phoenix left them they lost their "extra" abilities and it even made them a bit depressed. That is how far it goes with Emma and telekinesis.
    Since what happened in Gen X was never referenced again, it should be ignored.
    I also think the Emma Jean body swap wasnt written by Claremont, because that is when the Hellions died, and Claremont wouldnt have done that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

Jean shouldnt have been able to use Telekinesis in Emma's body because mutations are physiological, you can take away someone's mental powers by removing a part of their brain, as it happened to the Age of Apocalypse Emma. Jean in Emma's body should only have been able to use the abilities of Emma.

And when the Cuckoos used telekinesis in the Bendis run (one of them drops a bowl on teen Iceman's head) that was Bendis being Bendis and ignoring continuity and how the powers of characters work.

IIRC, in Generation X, Emma is shown once unconciously levitating objects while sleeping, and the Cuckoos had telekinesis, but only while they had the Phoenix in the heart. When the Phoenix left them they lost their "extra" abilities and it even made them a bit depressed. That is how far it goes with Emma and telekinesis.
    Since what happened in Gen X was never referenced again, it should be ignored.
    I also think the Emma Jean body swap wasnt written by Claremont, because that is when the Hellions died, and Claremont wouldnt have done that.
    No it was...he wrote Uncanny 281 & the first issue of Xmen 1

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post

Thanks I thought that maybe there were more times, I don't remember the Morrison era and what the writers around that time did. I just thought it was a good oportunity to justify why it was so easy for jean to posses Emma if the writers retcon a little about the times Jean has been in her body.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

Jean was able to access Cabe's TK several times during Claremont's Revolution run. It made sense when he explained it there and can be applied to when she was in Emma's body.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You must be thinking of Storm... Emma never possessed Jean's body (please correct me if I'm wrong) it was the other way around.

That were Emma fan's got the notion that Emma was a latent telekinetic.
    I also remembered it this way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't rightly recall the cuckoos' using "TK" on a regular... Was this when they were possessed by the Phoenix Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was able to access Cabe's TK several times during Claremont's Revolution run. It made sense when he explained it there and can be applied to when she was in Emma's body.
    Jean used cable TK in the "adventures of cyclops and phoenix" to heal his own body but I really don't know if it is the same case
    Last edited by keeper444; 10-10-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

No it was...he wrote Uncanny 281 & the first issue of Xmen 1
    according to this he didnt. it seems he stopped at 279. may be wrong

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_281
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_282