Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Blockbuster punching heads off
    Superhero shows are trash

Wonder if they're going to address Dick and Helena's one-night-stand in this issue...

Actually kind of hard to watch Orca get the crap beat out her like that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-29-2017 at 06:29 PM.

BANNED

I think Orca should be Dick's next girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wonder if they're going to address Dick and Helena's one-night-stand in this issue...
    I'm not reading that comic so when did they have an one-night-stand?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    That's in last week's Nightwing. But I don't think it was a one-night stand. It was a serious relationship move by both of them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Last issue. Debatable, it might not be a one night stand depending how this issue turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's in last week's Nightwing. But I don't think it was a one-night stand. It was a serious relationship move by both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Last issue. Debatable, it might not be a one night stand depending how this issue turns out.
    I think we really need to see how Dick and Helena act around each other now to really get a feel for how meaningful or monumental that moment was for them, relationship-wise.

Mighty Member

I only assume it's a one-night stand because neither are in a position to start a serious relationship now. Also, cause Seeley is about to bounce and maybe wanted to do the hookup before he left since there is no guarantee Humphries even cares about Helena.

I don't think they are in a relationship now. I think the Helena thing was Seeley trying to tie up left over plots from the Grayson series before he leaves Nightwing. Dick and Helena really should have hooked up in Grayson after all the set up between the two of them there and I think this was Seeley writing something he never got to deal with in Grayson, especially considering he was the one that brought Helena back and redesigned her.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think they are in a relationship now. I think the Helena thing was Seeley trying to tie up left over plots from the Grayson series before he leaves Nightwing. Dick and Helena really should have hooked up in Grayson after all the set up between the two of them there and I think this was Seeley writing something he never got to deal with in Grayson, especially considering he was the one that brought Helena back and redesigned her.
    I almost kind of appreciate that Dick and Helena never properly hooked-up in Grayson, because it made the moment of passion between them in this book feel all the more meaningful .

Spectacular Member

Pretty good start for this story, I'll really be sad to see Seeley go.

spoilers:
    Not that the partnership is going to last long, but I like Dick having to go to Blockbuster to stop Raptor. Though between having to protect that politician and teaming up with a villain, Dick is really proving Raptor's point, in his mind. I do wonder what Raptor's endgame is- destroy this city just because Dick likes it? Kill Nightwing? Take everything away from Dick till he has nothing? I'm also curious to see how they end things with Dick/Helena, since that's definitely not going to last.
    end of spoilers

Ok, so Raptor is back

spoilers:
    and it's like he is changed his moral code. Why?
    I hope Svodoba is joking, but I still don't like their conversation.
    Something is definitely wrong with Dick: now is Helena who wants a true relationship while he is holding back? Really? And why go to the Run Offs, after all that happened? Can't he just say: "Hel, I need your help and then we can go together to Gotham"? It seems like Seeley is rushing to put an end, before leaving.
    Let's see how it works between him and Blockbuster, and what's in Raptor mind.
    end of spoilers

I'm really waiting for Humphries, right now.

Always Rakzo

Solid issue. Typical "closing time" story where the writer brings back his original ideas along with the new ones in a way that makes sense but at the same time creates some intriguing aspects about it. Good art as well.

Hope the conclusion is appropriate.