Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Is Spider-Man getting to show up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

We're going to ignore the legal issues here and just assume that Spider-man is completely available for the Avengers franchise.

So, how would you want to see him join the team on the big screen? Would you keep Garfield as Spider-man or reboot?

What villains would you like to see?

My take, I'd like to see Spider-man do his normal "Break into the heroes HQ and attack them" as a try-out, and then just tag along (without permission) when the Avengers go on their next big mission.

I'm not sure what villain to use, but the idea of having some big evil mastermind like Zemo or Red Skull with some of Spider-man lesser badguys as henchmen could work.

I'd probably end the movie with Spider-man deciding that he should probably just stay on reserve or something, as Avengers stuff is a bit bigger than he's used to.

BANNED

i'd love to see garfield as peter in the MCU but i really never cared for him joining the avengers. he works better interacting with everyone in the marvel universe. that and writers don't seem to have a grasp with spiudey in the avengers as roger stern seems to write him as an awful person and bendis writes him as a very immature hero who always fights in the background at times and doesn't seem to have a story on his own not even with an event like dark reign and seige.

I think it is important if you are going to bring New York based characters into the MCU to include their location/actions during the Battle of New York - The Avengers climax. This was a unifying and monumental event in the history of that universe that it should serve as a common thread to unite all those characters. Spidey and the Netflix street-level heroes (Daredevil, Luke Cage etc) should have been involved in that battle in some way even if just holding their local ground. This would bring a strong thread of continuity to the MCU.

BANNED

Keep Garfield as Spider-Man, and not have him as a member of the team but more like back up. Had it been possible I would have him saving people during the Chitaru invation and assisting Captain America. He should be more of a street level character. An appereance in Avengers should be more for the fan service than anything else, or else he would end up taking way too much screen time away from the other characters.

Incredible Member

I suppose Spider-Man in Avengers would be neat for a "United Marvel Movie Universe" kind of thing, BUT, before I wanna see Spidey in an Avenger movie, some AVENGERS characters I wanna see in Avengers Movies first:

Wasp
    Henry Pym (Ant or Giant Man or Goliath)
    (Since Ultron's coming) Jocasta
    Vision
    Wonder Man
    Masters of Evil

Fantastic Member

Keep it simple. Something big is happening. It could be Kang marching his future armies through NYC. It could be a superhuman prison break. It could be a Masters of Evil assault on Avengers tower. The details don’t matter; what matters is that people need help and the Avengers can’t be everywhere. Show some innocents in danger and then have Spider-Man leap down to save them…then repeat until he runs into an Avenger. Have him quip that whatever happened was hard to miss when they comment on his presence. Naturally he offers to help and they need all the aid they can get.

BANNED

I'd do it like Wolverine in First Class. Have Spider-man approached to be on the team, he flatly refuses, and the scene is over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'd do it like Wolverine in First Class. Have Spider-man approached to be on the team, he flatly refuses, and the scene is over.
    I would probably do it in reverse. Have Peter Parker (as Peter Parker) approaching Tony Stark asking if Spider-Man ever comes up as potential candidate, with Tony refusing with his usual charm and scene over.

He should have an extended cameo and help out the rest of the team in the last third of the movie. At the end of the movie, the Avengers offer him reserve membership. They should only include Spider-Man and not Peter Parker, so that Josh Keaton may provide the voice. We don't need another retelling of his origin or reveal that Peter Parker is under the mask.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd keep him out of the Avengers, but I'd like to see him around. Mostly likely not Garfield though. He doesn't strike me as Peter Parker.

At the end of an Avengers film, be it #2 or #3 or whatever. The heroes have saved New York City once again. Since the Avengers are by now a staple of national security, they need to do a press conference and let Tony Stark do it because he works well with reporters. Make him deflect a few questions in a typical RDJ funny way, then leave the camera to film his face while a reporter's voice asks: "Mr. Stark? A photo please for the Daily Bugle?"

BOOM!! End film. Don't even show Peter. Install cameras in film theaters to record us nerds tearing our eyes out. You're welcome Marvel, call me.

(Although I'm not sure if Spidey would work well on the Avengers. Those are the heroes who are loved, while Spidey works better when being seen as a menace. So I like Vidocq's idea of Spidey bein eager to join but they won't let him.)
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 05-26-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I suppose Spider-Man in Avengers would be neat for a "United Marvel Movie Universe" kind of thing, BUT, before I wanna see Spidey in an Avenger movie, some AVENGERS characters I wanna see in Avengers Movies first:

Wasp
    Vision
    Wonder Man
    Masters of Evil
    Wasp
    I would love to see Jan especially if she does something similar to what she did to Wonder Man in Mighty Avengers.

May be the only one but not a big fan of Pym.

To the best of my knowledge Jocasta had reserve status until the Mighty Avengers so i can take a pass without issues

Vision
    Nope i personally don't like the vision and i'm not happy that he is slated to appear in AOU, hope he is cut which is unlikely.

Wonder Man
    Like Vision not his biggest fan coiuld do without him.

Masters of Evil
    They have Ultron and then Thanos so doubt that would do Masters of Evil Justice until Avengers 4 if there is a avengers 4.

As for how he would join make it simple, SHIELD wants him so they send the Avengers to get him. he says he isn't interested have Tony, Clint and Peter banter until Natasha gets annoyed frees him tells him to go, after a while Aunt May or another character inspires him and he helps out in the nick of time, at the end of the film he is offered Avengers support until he is ready to join.
    Truth is the best policy

I've probably said before, but I'd keep it minimal. Either a copy of the Bugle or tv report with him on or a well timed web assist. Or if you do go the full appearance route then go the Mysterio impersonating Spidey route and The Avengers trying to take him down before realising the truth etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I would probably do it in reverse. Have Peter Parker (as Peter Parker) approaching Tony Stark asking if Spider-Man ever comes up as potential candidate, with Tony refusing with his usual charm and scene over.
    that works too. Whatever it takes to make the audience understand that he won't actually be on the Avengers or a part of this storytelling area of the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Firstly, I'd reboot, sorry, not a fan of Garfield.

Not sure who I'd replace him with. I'd have it so that Peter wants to join the team, but they simply refuse.