Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I've not been a fan of any of the movies, sadly. But I tried watching the first Raimi one again recently and felt that James Franco would've actually been a good Peter Parker. Still can't get into the movie though.

I'm curious of those that are saying Spidey shouldn't be on the team wither he refuses or the avengers do is it because you don't like him on the avengers in the comics or is it just the MCU team.
    Truth is the best policy

I can't see why Peter would refuse to join. I'd keep Garfield and make one or two more ASM movies with less emphasis on Oscorp.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    I can't see why Peter would refuse to join. I'd keep Garfield and make one or two more ASM movies with less emphasis on Oscorp.
    Problem with that Normie is that Sony is emphasising Oscorp as a big bad kinda like Hydra, AIM on a smaller scale. How would you do the outline for the film without emphasising too much on Oscorp. I gather that S6 will be appearing in ASM3 and Oscorp will be the backer. I feel he could join the Avengers but there are others I would like remove or added before he does. For me the import thing is you need Cap, Iron Man and Black Widow, Captain Marvel would be a bonus as would the Wasp which means that Vision and Quickslver need to go.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I'm curious of those that are saying Spidey shouldn't be on the team wither he refuses or the avengers do is it because you don't like him on the avengers in the comics or is it just the MCU team.
    Is the Avengers really a team in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? They said they'll unite if there's ever an emergence, and giant helicarriers crashing into the Potomac wasn't enough for that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Being on a team like the Avengers diminishes his "I just can't win" role within the Marvel universe. When you make the Avengers, your superhero life is going pretty well. Spidey as a character works best as an outsider, misunderstood and alone. Give him a role on the Avengers and both Spider-man and the Avengers are diminished to some extent, as the Avengers comics with him on the team demonstrate.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I honestly wouldn't bring him into the Avengers in the films personally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Being on a team like the Avengers diminishes his "I just can't win" role within the Marvel universe. When you make the Avengers, your superhero life is going pretty well. Spidey as a character works best as an outsider, misunderstood and alone. Give him a role on the Avengers and both Spider-man and the Avengers are diminished to some extent, as the Avengers comics with him on the team demonstrate.
    Thanks AJ for answering, i understand why you're coming from but heres a counter thought. A Bendis didn't really know how to write Spidey on a team and to be honest neither does Hickman but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the team. Captain America encounters threats that cause him to get his butt handed to him, the same with Iron Man and Thor are they diminished by being on the Avengers. For me he was a outsider, he was misunderstood and alone now he isn't. I think its unfair to the character that you have a team with the world's mighest heros and he isn't on it, he is after all the arhitect, he always finds a way to win and just because he is on a team doesn't mean he is going to run to them all the time.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I honestly wouldn't bring him into the Avengers in the films personally speaking.
    Hey John any issue with him being on the team in the comics
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is the Avengers really a team in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? They said they'll unite if there's ever an emergence, and giant helicarriers crashing into the Potomac wasn't enough for that.
    Not Sure Mister Mets, I think they will be after AOU, don't think they are now.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

I think its unfair to the character that you have a team with the world's mighest heros and he isn't on it
    I think this is precisely the reason he shouldn't be on it.

I think this is precisely the reason he shouldn't be on it.
    No i have to be honest and say you have lost me, to me spidey is one of the greatest heros in the MU so its easy for me to see why he should be on it, even without the avengers,
    You say he is a loner - no he's friends with Daredevil, Human Torch Wolverine, Cloak,Dagger, Shang Chi, Black Cat, Puma, Jackpot,Spider-Girl doubt Punisher counts as a friend and we can't forget that Jessica Jones had a crush on him.
    He is misunderstood - no people just wish he would shut up because he quirks when he is happy,sad,nervous,terrified acutally is there a time when Peter doesn't have a quirk ready.
    Alone - list of friends please see above.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Default does anybody care about if Spider-man joins the avengers?

because i sure don't. i want him to be brought back to marvel but i really am not interested in him ever joining the avengers on film. i prefer him interacting with characters from the MCU like daredevil, ben urich, kingopin, luke cage, iron fist, punisher, jessica jones, captain america, iron man, scott lang, quick silvewr, scarlet witch, she hulk, hawkeye, and many more.

BANNED

You say he is a loner - no he's friends with Daredevil, Human Torch Wolverine, Cloak,Dagger, Shang Chi, Black Cat, Puma, Jackpot,Spider-Girl doubt Punisher counts as a friend and we can't forget that Jessica Jones had a crush on him.
    He doesn't hang out with any of those people on a regular basis, or at least he didn't up to the point I stopped reading him at OMD, other than to glance through the occasional book on the rack. I can't believe he counts Punisher as a friend. If he does, something has gone more seriously wrong with the Marvel U than I thought.

He is misunderstood - no people just wish he would shut up because he quirks when he is happy,sad,nervous,terrified acutally is there a time when Peter doesn't have a quirk ready.
    No, for most of his career people thought he was guilty of murder and in cahoots with most of the villains he fought against. Other heroes have from time to time specifically gone after him because of this.

Alone - list of friends please see above.
    See most of Spider-man's history. Also read Avengers #11 and Avengers #236.

image57-e1379040759333.jpg

He doesn't hang out with any of those people on a regular basis, or at least he didn't up to the point I stopped reading him at OMD, other than to glance through the occasional book on the rack. I can't believe he counts Punisher as a friend. If he does, something has gone more seriously wrong with the Marvel U than I thought.
    You're right about Punisher but still he isn't a loner now, Spidey likes cleaning up his messes on his own until he is way over his head but that would give him another reason to join the avengers, he takes accountability for his actions.

No, for most of his career people thought he was guilty of murder and in cahoots with most of the villains he fought against. Other heroes have from time to time specifically gone after him because of this.
    The smear campagin in the Daily Bugle add to the fact that Spidey couldn't come forward because once again he was being responsible, remember his very first defining moment he learned with GREAT power there must always be GREAT Responsibility and that might have something to do with why the public thought that.

See most of Spider-man's history. Also read Avengers #11 and Avengers #236.

image57-e1379040759333.jpg
    I do remember most of his history, also remember on more than one occasion Cap being prepared to vouch for spiderman and spiderman stopping him because he didn't want help. Most of the times involved the Daily Bugle with either Jonah or Norman leading the charge.

To help out check out his wiki post http://marvel.wikia.com/Peter_Parker_(Earth-616), he is described as a brave and righteous hero with an indomitable sense of justice and responsibility. However there are times when he takes it too far example new Avengers #1.
    However because of his strong moral compass in the face of adversity and his very sharp wit he IS an iconic and enduring hero.
    Reasons for his sense of humor which anoy friends and foes.
    1# to relieve stess form the situation
    2# he wants to hide how scared he is during a crisis
    3# to get on the nerves of his opentents to create an opening.
    However if he ever stops cracking jokes he can take the situtation as seriouness as the next guy.

I agree that he was a loner however he has lessen to the point he has friends with Daredevil, Human Torch (and the rest of the FF) Logan(and the rest of the x-men)

Quote Originally Posted by marvel.wikia.com
    In spite of his many heroics, Spider-Man is infamous for numerous smear campaigns against him, especially at the hands of the Daily Bugle. The reason of this bad-mouthing upon him is because of the Bugle's manager and main publisher, John Jonah Jameson has strong distrust towards the wall crawler due to being a costumed vigilante with no affiliation to law and to take the spotlight of "true" heroes like public servants.
    This is Jonah problem because he feels as is his right that spidey isn't a true hero but the public servants won't handle what spiderman does see below

Quote Originally Posted by marvel.wikia.com
    It was also revealed that Spider-Man is disliked by a good deal of police cops in New York because, even though he comes to turn in captured super villains, the police mistrusts him due to his vigilantism, and they are also embarrassed over their dependency on him to arrest the threats they couldn't handle
    My thoughts on this should be if they don't like it they can do something about it, except they won't cause they can't/won't handle it.

Look you going to disagree because you think you are right, I can't see any reason why he shouldn't be on the avengers, all the smear campagins, all the frame ups he has never back down from being a hero, he has never given up and that to me is all the reason i need to call him one of the worlds mighest and greatest heros
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 05-26-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Truth is the best policy