Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Hey John any issue with him being on the team in the comics
    Not really, maybe the fact he doesn't really have any ''screen time'' in the Avengers comics which could easily be fixed by just sticking him into the Mighty book where he'd be more involved, but that's about the only issue I have with it. It's only really the films I don't see it working.

Fantastic Member

A few more things.

Please, please, please, no Garfield. I do like the idea of using one of the animation voice actors (preferably Keating). Honestly I’m tempted to have him completely silent for a brief cameo but he’s not Spider-Man without quips.

For the love of Anansi, do not waste any screen time with a new or retold origin. Everyone and their mother knows how Spider-Man (and Superman and Batman) came to be. Move on and tell us about something that happened AFTER Amazing Fantasy #15.

I love that people are debating how (or if he should) join the Avengers. I doubt he’d stick around long enough for anyone to ask. He’s a hero with bad press so – once he’s sure everyone is safe – he’s likely to just vanish before anyone decides its his fault. Any other interactions are best left for a sequel.

Incredible Member

I would keep Andrew Garfield or use Josh Keaton in 2 small roles with Peter taking pictures and then a small little scene with Spidey and Captain America, Thor or Iron Man stopping a crime that could have easily became an international incident and making a small comment about say all these flying superheroes taking up airspace or something to that fashion but I honestly would rather see Spidey hang out with the Fantastic Four or the X-Men before the Avengers any day.

BANNED

I prefer Spidery as a team up than a permanent member. Plus I find his connection more meaningful with Fantastic Four than any other team in comics anyway. So to answer your question I'm happy we're Spidey and x-men are separate and away from the MCU. Only series I want brought back to the MCU is Fantastic Four.

Ok.

So, I would have phase three end with avengers 3 titled Avengers Disassembled.

Thanos would be the villain and during the film, hulk would be sent into space

Steve rogers dies

Hawkeye dies

Thanos triggers ragnarok for thor and the asgardians and he disappears.

I would have the Amazing Spider-Man 4 have an end of credits scene In which we get Peter at college getting called into a class room after class's finish. He hears someone talking to him, Nick Fury appears from nowhere and asks for Peters help. Pretty much the scene from ultimate spider-man

Phase 4 of the marvel cinematic universe begins.

First film

New Avengers spidey has joined Iron man and black widow. Bucky as the new captain america, daredevil, Luke cage and Jessica jones, I'd also like wolverine and ms marvel and doc strange

In this phase we get planet hulk film

New captain america film

Various other films leading to a civil war film.

Along the 4th phase we get a sub phase where Sony and fox licence spidey, wolvie and so on to tie there films into the marvel cinematic universe.

BANNED

If I was doing it, I would just have Spider-Man team up with one of the other Avengers during a mission, and just kind of tag along with the rest of the team for their latest adventure.

For example, Spidey helps out Cap during a fight, but Cap is injured so Spidey helps him back to Avengers tower or wherever their headquarters would be. Once there, things take off and he sticks around to lend the team a hand.

And, yes, I'd have Garfield be Spider-Man. I think MacGuire is too old for the role at this point, and I think a third recasting is a bit much.

I also think it would be funny to play around with Peter's identity a bit. Again, I'd include a scene where he starts to geek out around Tony Stark, coming off as a typical Iron Man fanboy. But as he goes on, Peter reveals he's far more interested in Tony's scientific history rather than his celebrity status, asking him deep and involved questions that actually take Tony by surprise. It'd be even funnier if Peter starts to geek out even more over Bruce Banner, making Tony a bit jealous over the fact that he's been upstaged. I'd also include bits where they make it clear Peter is far younger than the rest of the heroes, pointing out that he's not old enough to drink and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    If I was doing it, I would just have Spider-Man team up with one of the other Avengers during a mission, and just kind of tag along with the rest of the team for their latest adventure.

For example, Spidey helps out Cap during a fight, but Cap is injured so Spidey helps him back to Avengers tower or wherever their headquarters would be. Once there, things take off and he sticks around to lend the team a hand.

And, yes, I'd have Garfield be Spider-Man. I think MacGuire is too old for the role at this point, and I think a third recasting is a bit much.

I also think it would be funny to play around with Peter's identity a bit. Again, I'd include a scene where he starts to geek out around Tony Stark, coming off as a typical Iron Man fanboy. But as he goes on, Peter reveals he's far more interested in Tony's scientific history rather than his celebrity status, asking him deep and involved questions that actually take Tony by surprise. It'd be even funnier if Peter starts to geek out even more over Bruce Banner, making Tony a bit jealous over the fact that he's been upstaged. I'd also include bits where they make it clear Peter is far younger than the rest of the heroes, pointing out that he's not old enough to drink and the like.
    One of the main reason i would ever want spidey to appear is the interaction between a true spidey(maybe garfield) and RDJ i think would be cinema gold, by the end of it more than one of the avengers would want to kill him. Robert (not sure if you would be happy with rob) i love your idea that he's geeking out annoying Tony then bam decides to ask a deep and involved question, tonys WTF reaction would be priceless.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Ok.

So, I would have phase three end with avengers 3 titled Avengers Disassembled.

Thanos would be the villain and during the film, hulk would be sent into space

Steve rogers dies

Hawkeye dies

Thanos triggers ragnarok for thor and the asgardians and he disappears.

I would have the Amazing Spider-Man 4 have an end of credits scene In which we get Peter at college getting called into a class room after class's finish. He hears someone talking to him, Nick Fury appears from nowhere and asks for Peters help. Pretty much the scene from ultimate spider-man

Phase 4 of the marvel cinematic universe begins.

First film

New Avengers spidey has joined Iron man and black widow. Bucky as the new captain america, daredevil, Luke cage and Jessica jones, I'd also like wolverine and ms marvel and doc strange

In this phase we get planet hulk film

New captain america film

Various other films leading to a civil war film.

Along the 4th phase we get a sub phase where Sony and fox licence spidey, wolvie and so on to tie there films into the marvel cinematic universe.
    Doubt this would happen and i can't see Jackman in the MCU, not a massivie fan of wolvie being on the avengers. Not a fan of Planet Hulk as it would lead to World War Hulk and due to the Hulks popularity i doubt they would go that far.
    Truth is the best policy

I don't know why people don't like Spidey being an Avenger. The Avengers were always a bunch of the solo heroes teaming up (rather than something like X-Men where it was just a group the whole time) and Spider-Man would fit there. I think he should have been one from the start in the comics. The Avengers members can work both by themselves solo and as a team and that's why it made perfect sense to me when he got membership. Especially since Spider-Man does team ups all the time, so him joining is logical. If he was one from the start, people wouldn't hate it as much really...
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Doubt this would happen and i can't see Jackman in the MCU, not a massivie fan of wolvie being on the avengers. Not a fan of Planet Hulk as it would lead to World War Hulk and due to the Hulks popularity i doubt they would go that far.
    Good job this thread is titled "how would you bring spiderman into the the Avengers" and not " how do you think marvel will bring spiderman to the avengers"

It's just how I would personally do it. I know it won't happen.

Also my idea of a planet hulk film would not lead to world war hulk as thanos and his army would be responsible for the hulk getting sent to space. This could lead to his heroic return at a later date.

I too would love the banter between spidey and tony. I think it would also be halirious to watch spidey piss off wolverine as well. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Russ840; 05-27-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Good job this thread is titled "how would you bring spiderman into the the Avengers" and not " how do you think marvel will bring spiderman to the avengers"

It's just how I would personally do it. I know it won't happen.

Also my idea of a planet hulk film would not lead to world war hulk as thanos and his army would be responsible for the hulk getting sent to space. This could lead to his heroic return at a later date.

I too would love the banter between spidey and tony. I think it would also be halirious to watch spidey piss off wolverine as well. But that's just me.
    Sorry jumped the gun bit 9/10 out of time the people i have talked to said Planet Hulk closely followed by the World War Hulk which i have read and have mixed feelings on it. I love the interaction between Logan and Spidey but i'm not sure if Jackman would do it just but hey why not its just not the road i would take.
    Truth is the best policy

Sorry jumped the gun bit 9/10 out of time the people i have talked to said Planet Hulk closely followed by the World War Hulk which i have read and have mixed feelings on it. I love the interaction between Logan and Spidey but i'm not sure if Jackman would do it just but hey why not its just not the road i would take.
    Cool dude. I think Jackman would be up for it after reading some quotes from him about wanting to be on screen with the avengers. Would be a logistical nightmare though, to get them all on screen together with the licensing issues.

Would be real cool also to have stark give spidey a suit upgrade for whatever the final battle is, Iron Spider.

How would you get him together with the avengers?

Astonishing Member

You are complicating things. It's easy to have an idea for Spider-Man teaming up with the Avengers: He's simply webslinging through the city when the "Parker Luck" activates and he's simpoly in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just like that, no complications.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You are complicating things. It's easy to have an idea for Spider-Man teaming up with the Avengers: He's simply webslinging through the city when the "Parker Luck" activates and he's simpoly in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just like that, no complications.
    Pretty much. Spider-Man stumbles onto one of the Avengers fighting the forces of Thanos. They team up for a bit, while the rest of the Avengers are on another mission. Then all the heroes are in one place for a final set piece.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Default Is Spider-Man getting to show up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Some things have lead me to think that yes, we'll be getting some HUGE news in the upcoming weeks.

Marvel is going all in with their movieverse right now, and the signs that Marvel is concsciously boycottying the X-Men are making me think that we're about to get some huge news, hopefully at Comic-Con.

Whatever happens, I just hope that The Amazing Spider-Man's continuity is integrated with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, since I feel that Andrew Garfield is the perfect Spider-Man / Peter Parker, and TASM2 even though it's flawed, it's by far my favorite Spider-Man film so far.