Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Personally I'd prefer a tv show but budget wise it seems impossible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUcktiQxC9Q

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Mary Jane had her chance. She was only in the way and ironically cause more grief and stress for him than being Spidey. And slot doesn't seem to want to go back to one of Peters most struggling relationship in the series. I rather have peter hook up with a street level heroine with no powers if you want a relationship with peter that won't degrade a superpowered heroine as a damsel in distress.
    There is nothing wrong with Spider-Man hooking up with a heroine with super powers. It all depends on the story and characters involved.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Reboot the whole thing but ignore the origin. Play the classic origin during the credits and then just jump into Peter as SPIDERMAN doing his thing in NYC.

Maybe have him run into some other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    We're going to ignore the legal issues here and just assume that Spider-man is completely available for the Avengers franchise.

So, how would you want to see him join the team on the big screen? Would you keep Garfield as Spider-man or reboot?

What villains would you like to see?

My take, I'd like to see Spider-man do his normal "Break into the heroes HQ and attack them" as a try-out, and then just tag along (without permission) when the Avengers go on their next big mission.

I'm not sure what villain to use, but the idea of having some big evil mastermind like Zemo or Red Skull with some of Spider-man lesser badguys as henchmen could work.

I'd probably end the movie with Spider-man deciding that he should probably just stay on reserve or something, as Avengers stuff is a bit bigger than he's used to.
    In keeping with this, however, I would keep Garfield as Spider-Man as I feel he completely owns the role. I actually would bring him in The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which I would have co-produced between Sony and Marvel Studios. The film would serve as an immediate sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2, at first, but would have the year and a half time skip to his college graduation after a brief montage in which it shows Spider-Man during the events of Age of Ultron and throughout the rest of the time period. It would be completely clear that Peter has almost given up his responsibilities as Peter Parker. He simply works at the Daily Bugle, adding to his job a web designer on top of taking pictures of Spider-Man, who he spends more time as. He lives in an extremely crappy apartment but doesn't mind as it essentially only serves as a place to sleep.

However, the Sinister Six arrive and Spider-Man is forced to fight them. The Sinister Six prove to be too much for Peter by himself and the Avengers show up to lend some support. However, RHINO manages to take down Iron Man pretty easily and the rest of the Avengers are easily dispatched as well. After they are captured, Peter Parker finds a much smarter way to fix the situation and manages to take them all down one by one. After freeing the Avengers, Peter is invited onto the team but ultimately refuses because Peter realizes that his life as Peter Parker is also important. Throughout the movie he was pestered by his aunt to go on a blind date with Mary Jane Watson and Peter, finally, accepts. The movie ends with the classic "tiger" line.

The Phase 3 schedule would be, then:

July, 2015: Ant-Man
    May, 2016: Captain America 3
    July, 2016: Doctor Strange
    May, 2017: Thor 3
    July, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    November, 2017: Black Panther
    May, 2018: The Amazing Spider-Man 3
    July, 2018: Black Widow
    November, 2018: Captain Marvel
    May, 2019: Avengers 3
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Spectacular Member

That is bs, Spidey has so many superhero friends and allies b e is known as the heart of the marvel u. It really shows when people like Captain America sees you with as much potential as anyone in terms of moral pureness and responsibilty. He's a member though, but blame that on current writers who won't give him much use on the main teams. That makes no sense, he loves to save lives and stop evil. Heck he's a bit of blood knight when it comes to fighting recklessly and enjoying mocking his enemies. Heck his theme song emphasizes him loving being spiderman. He has giving up being Spider-Man due to having how much he cares about living normally but at the same time he has said he enjoys it for the fact it helped him love life even more and it is what his purpose is. Where are you getting this from? First of all he isn't the only hero who jokes and acts humanly relateable, there is hawkeye, wasp, iceman, kitty pryde, hellion and rockslide, ironman, and some times daredevil. And they all play important roles in their own franchises, but spidey is somehow not anymore hero material than them?

Spidey like I said earlier has made more friends and allies in the entire superhero roster than not. Even some anti heroes on the side like ghost rider and deadpool. He saved the top a list marvel heroic roster from a bomb that was about to detonate which even stumped Reed Richards and Hank Pym. He gets plenty of respect, he is just underestimated.
    Mary Jane had her chance. She was only in the way and ironically cause more grief and stress for him than being Spidey. And slot doesn't seem to want to go back to one of Peters most struggling relationship in the series. I rather have peter hook up with a street level heroine with no powers if you want a relationship with peter that won't degrade a superpowered heroine as a damsel in distress.
    A couple of points: 1: If you look @ the History of Spider-Man you will know that he is an extremely reluctant hero (See Amazing # 50 'Spider-Man No More') and numerous other examples down through the years. 2: The word "Potential" and Peter Parker Spider-Man should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath. If you want to talk about Miles Morales or "Silk" maybe, but not the 616 Peter Parker version, the character has been around for 50 years. 3: Spider-Man has the best Rogues Gallery in Marvel. 1: Green Goblin (Norm). 2: Doc. Ock. 3: Lizard. 4: Sandman. 5: Venom (Brock). 6: Electro. 7: Kraven. 8: Kingpin. 9: Carnage. 10: The Rhino. 11: Vulture. 12: Mysterio. I can go on and on. It is a total waste to see him as basically a supporting character in "The Avengers" fighting Kang, or Ultron. 4: There is a reason why even after over 40 years, MJ still is the most popular woman for Pete (Despite Emma Watson in the two movies), and it is how perfect she is for Pete (opposites do attract). Of course, the versions we saw in OMD and 'Superior' are not the best MJ's. I still believe she will be back and it will be the pre-OMD Version, which is really needed. Why? 1: Look @ how the film did not do as well as expected, especially when measured up against 'Guardians Of The Galaxy.' I NEVER thought I would see the day that Spider-Man would be outdone in any positive form by that comic. Comparing 'Spider-Man' to The 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is like comparing the Yankees to the Houston Astros. What is next 'Howard The Duck'? 2: No matter what anyone thinks about Dan Slott's ideas, he is an excellent writer, and the probability is his successor will not be as consistently good, so they need someone or something to avoids sales tanking (Box Office and Subscriptions alike). That means the odds are MJ in both the movie and in the comic.

Spectacular Member

That is bs, Spidey has so many superhero friends and allies b e is known as the heart of the marvel u. It really shows when people like Captain America sees you with as much potential as anyone in terms of moral pureness and responsibilty. He's a member though, but blame that on current writers who won't give him much use on the main teams. That makes no sense, he loves to save lives and stop evil. Heck he's a bit of blood knight when it comes to fighting recklessly and enjoying mocking his enemies. Heck his theme song emphasizes him loving being spiderman. He has giving up being Spider-Man due to having how much he cares about living normally but at the same time he has said he enjoys it for the fact it helped him love life even more and it is what his purpose is. Where are you getting this from? First of all he isn't the only hero who jokes and acts humanly relateable, there is hawkeye, wasp, iceman, kitty pryde, hellion and rockslide, ironman, and some times daredevil. And they all play important roles in their own franchises, but spidey is somehow not anymore hero material than them?

Spidey like I said earlier has made more friends and allies in the entire superhero roster than not. Even some anti heroes on the side like ghost rider and deadpool. He saved the top a list marvel heroic roster from a bomb that was about to detonate which even stumped Reed Richards and Hank Pym. He gets plenty of respect, he is just underestimated.
    A couple of points: 1: If you look @ the History of Spider-Man you will know that he is an extremely reluctant hero (See Amazing # 50 'Spider-Man No More') and numerous other examples down through the years. 2: The word "Potential" and Peter Parker Spider-Man should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath. If you want to talk about Miles Morales or 'Silk' maybe, but not the 616 Peter Parker version, the character has been around for 50 years. 3: Spider-Man has the best Rogues Gallery in Marvel. 1: Green Goblin (Norm). 2: Doc. Ock. 3: Lizard. 4: Sandman. 5: Venom (Brock). 6: Electro. 7: Kraven. 8: Kingpin. 9: Carnage. 10: The Rhino. 11: Vulture. 12: Mysterio. I can go on and on, lets keep him AWAY from 'The Avengers' and focus in on ASM please. Why? It is a total waste to see him as basically a supporting character in "The Avengers" fighting the likes of Kang, or Ultron, when there is such a quality list of villains out there for him to battle. 4: There is a reason why even after over 40 years, MJ still is the most popular woman for Pete (Despite Emma Watson in the two movies), and it is how perfect she is for Pete (opposites do attract). Of course, the versions we saw in OMD and 'Superior' are not the best MJ's. I still believe she will be back and it will be the pre-OMD Version, which is really needed. Why? 1: Look @ how the film did not do as well as expected, especially when measured up against 'Guardians Of The Galaxy.' I NEVER thought I would see the day that Spider-Man would be outdone in any positive form by that comic. Comparing 'Spider-Man' to The 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is like comparing the Yankees to the Houston Astros. What is next 'Howard The Duck'? 2: No matter what anyone thinks about Dan Slott's ideas, he is an excellent writer, and the probability is his successor will not be as consistently good, so they need someone or something to avoids sales tanking (Box Office and Subscriptions alike). By the way Disney/Marvel know that. That means the odds are MJ in both the movie and in the comic.
    Last edited by Steeler53; 08-03-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    1: If you look @ the History of Spider-Man you will know that he is an extremely reluctant hero (See Amazing # 50 'Spider-Man No More') and numerous other examples down through the years. .
    You actually got the tense wrong you said he is, the fact is he was an extremely reluctant hero,
    Numerous more like 3/4 tops, he has (this is a fact) said that he won’t quite because being spidey is fun.

2: The word "Potential" and Peter Parker Spider-Man should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath. If you want to talk about Miles Morales or 'Silk' maybe, but not the 616 Peter Parker version, the character has been around for 50 years. .
    This would make me question wither you are a fan or not, there is every reason to acknowledge that Spider has the potential to be one of the greatest heroes heck even Johnny has admitted he has brains.
    3: Spider-Man has the best Rogues Gallery in Marvel. 1: Green Goblin (Norm). 2: Doc. Ock. 3: Lizard. 4: Sandman. 5: Venom (Brock). 6: Electro. 7: Kraven. 8: Kingpin. 9: Carnage. 10: The Rhino. 11: Vulture. 12: Mysterio. I can go on and on, .
    How many of them are Spidey Villains though, Rhino has fought the hulk, Sandman has battled the FF and maybe even the avengers and Dock Ock has fought daredevil and Cap, if there are spidey villains it says more about him that his villians branch out.
    lets keep him AWAY from 'The Avengers' and focus in on ASM please. Why? It is a total waste to see him as basically a supporting character in "The Avengers" fighting the likes of Kang, or Ultron, when there is such a quality list of villains out there for him to battle. .
    If he was used properly it wouldn’t be (Bendis didn’t and neither is Hickman)
    4: There is a reason why even after over 40 years, MJ still is the most popular woman for Pete (Despite Emma Watson in the two movies), and it is how perfect she is for Pete (opposites do attract). Of course, the versions we saw in OMD and 'Superior' are not the best MJ's. I still believe she will be back and it will be the pre-OMD Version, which is really needed. .
    1. Its Emma Stone
    2. MJ won’t be back while Slott is writing the book.

Why? 1: Look @ how the film did not do as well as expected, especially when measured up against 'Guardians Of The Galaxy.' I NEVER thought I would see the day that Spider-Man would be outdone in any positive form by that comic. Comparing 'Spider-Man' to The 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is like comparing the Yankees to the Houston Astros. What is next 'Howard The Duck'? .
    Why not we have had a raccoon do you have a problem with ducks plus it might not have done as well for the simple fact that the film was all of the place, Sony has only the spider-man franchise you can’t actually fairly compare them because Marvel can stretch out there universe building over 5 different properties, Sony doesn’t have that option because they only have one established character.
    2: No matter what anyone thinks about Dan Slott's ideas, he is an excellent writer, and the probability is his successor will not be as consistently good, so they need someone or something to avoids sales tanking (Box Office and Subscriptions alike). By the way Disney/Marvel know that. That means the odds are MJ in both the movie and in the comic.
    Without knowing who his successor is or what his plans are you can’t once again fairly say that. Where is your proof that it won’t be consistently good. Are Disney/Marvel and yourself psychic or something give me a break to the best of my knowledge there has been no official confirmation that we will even have MJ in ASM3.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure that having Spider-Man in the MCU is a no go. I mean, aren't the current Spider-Man movies being made for Sony to retain the movie rights to the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that having Spider-Man in the MCU is a no go. I mean, aren't the current Spider-Man movies being made for Sony to retain the movie rights to the character?
    There is chance but not a great one. Sony was going to allow Oscorp tower to appear in the Avengers movie.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, *******

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    There is chance but not a great one. Sony was going to allow Oscorp tower to appear in the Avengers movie.
    Pretty sure current Spider-Man movies are being made by Sony so they can make plenty of money out of them.... Along with the Bond films Spider-Man is their main cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Marvel and Sony seem to have a better relationship than Marvel and Fox... They did renegotiate the Spider-Man contract to benefit both sides recently (whereas Fox refused Marvel's proposal to trade Galactus for Daredevil). So maybe they can come to agreements on certain things.

To be honest, I wouldn't what Marvel to get the rights back because what would we gain from it? Another Spider-Man reboot?

BANNED

Default about spiderman in the avengers

if spideman goes back to the MCU does anyone else care about him joining the avengers or not because i certainly don't give a crap. throughout the years spiderman has been fine without the avengers and even shared moments with them without being part of the team like any other memeber outside the team had. spiderman is best to work alone in street level. besides if S.H.I.E.L.D. existed during the MCU i certainly don't want spiderman working there not because of the awful USM cartoon but because shield and the marvel universe even spiderman for that matter never had that much of a good relationship.

anyone else agree with me on this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    if spideman goes back to the MCU does anyone else care about him joining the avengers or not because i certainly don't give a crap. throughout the years spiderman has been fine without the avengers and even shared moments with them without being part of the team like any other memeber outside the team had. spiderman is best to work alone in street level. besides if S.H.I.E.L.D. existed during the MCU i certainly don't want spiderman working there not because of the awful USM cartoon but because shield and the marvel universe even spiderman for that matter never had that much of a good relationship.

anyone else agree with me on this?
    Well I would love to see Spider-Man doing teams up with the Avengers but never to join. Given how Spider_man has trust issues with the likes of SHIELD.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Holy crap, Spider-Man might be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe

This would smash every box office record known to man!

http://heroicuniverse.com/rumor-spid...atic-universe/

BANNED

I'd be willing to accept that Sony might loan Spidey out, or go for some kinda crossover, so long as they're still getting a cut of the pie.