Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Screw Sony that is all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    LOL, exaggerate much? I can see comparison between Electro and Riddler due to his over the top fanboyism towards the protagonist, but that's about it. These comparisons are getting ridiculous. ASM2 was leagues better than B&R. Anyway, I'd like to see ASM series continue. Hosestly ASM2 was a great film just didn't flow as well as it could have with the plotting. For example, the switch from Gwen's breakup to a Spidey montage didn't flow. However, ASM was a very well done movie. I prefer the characters in ASM over Raimi's Spider-man so I'd like to see lessons learned and them continue the franchise strong. I think it would be great to see Andrew interact with the Avengers as well.
    i would love to see andrew in the MCU. i don't like the idea of him in the avengers though. he can interact with them. but him as a member? i don't think so. it's pointless and unneccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i would love to see andrew in the MCU. i don't like the idea of him in the avengers though. he can interact with them. but him as a member? i don't think so. it's pointless and unneccessary.
    Given how rarely the Avengers team up, there isn't much of a distinction between a guy who is a member of the group and a guy who hangs out with them on occasion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

yes, but that idea in films is too overlyhyped. the animationed though doesn't bother me one bit. you can start an animated series with them to reinvent the marvel animated universe we've always wanted but on film it's overly hyped. there's just so much more you can do with spiderman, peter, and his mythos than just him being a memeber of the team. thank god shield disbanded because the idea of him there is an even worse idea even in general.

iMan 42s

Spider-man being a member of the Avengers isn't exactly a bad thing. It does open a few doors for the Sony series and Marvel can create bigger stories than what it could do before. A bigger universe isn't really a bad thing and can lead to bigger and better things further fleshing out the cinematic universe as a whole. Multiple studios doing different things but all under one roof which allows us all to experience massive stories.

Animation is fine and all but there is a pure difference between what is animated and what is seen on film. Just imagine how unimpressive any of the cinematic universe films would have been if they had been animated. There is just something about heroes in a real world context that makes them more powerful to a viewer. With a big of a budget as Marvel is allowed these days and the talent behind the camera it is just for the best we continue to get live action films rather than animated besides what would it being animated add to the films? If you mean that a animated cinematic universe would work on screen well... Sony has the film rights for Spider-man and his side of the Marvel universe. As well as the Marvel animated universe currently exists in the form of the Ultimate spider-man, Agents of Smash and Assemble cartoons. For now I'm just calling it the Disneyverse.

Spider-man wouldn't be a bad thing if done right. He wouldn't be exclusively Avengers its just he could appear. And if not MVP still happened and is available for Marvel to use.( Really what does no one remember this guy?)comicfeatured1.jpg

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

"While I can’t get the confirmations I need to verify the story, I’m hearing that there are some very cool ‘Spider-Man’ plans being discussed that would help Sony refocus their enormously important franchise while also opening up some connections in the onscreen Marvel movie universe that would blow fandom’s minds."

- Drew McWeeny, the writer of the HitFix article, "MARVEL'S MAKING BIG PLANS BEYOND 'AVENGERS 3,' AND IT'S MAKING HOLLYWOOD CRAZY" that Heroic Universe used. An article which is basically an opinion piece.

Because of this, people are already putting Spider-Man in Avengers 3.

#stopbelievingrumors
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGoodboy View Post
    No exaggeration at all it is an awful movie and far worse then B & R. In the spoilers below I have pinpointed 5 things in particular that are as bad and cringeworthy as anything in Batman and Robin.

spoilers:
    Jamie Foxx is worse then Arnie. The scene where he becomes Electro is as bad as when Arnie becomes Freeze. I mean just fix these electrical wires that are suspended above the pool.

Peter Parker having to watch a youtube video to learn about the properties of batteries despite being a huge science genius.

The hidden subway lab. This made the whole airplane scene at the beginning pointless. Pete's dad goes through all this trouble to send the earth shattering information... to an secret underground lab. Why not... I dunno, the friggin' FBI?

The bit in the battle between Electro and Spider-Man where Electro smashes Spidey into power pylons and makes them play ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider’

The secret files being hidden in a folder marked Secret files admittedly got a big laugh from me. But I don't think that was intentional.
    end of spoilers
    We're going to have to agree to disagree. I didn't find any of those examples to be bad or cringeworthy myself. Nothing was a close to as bad as the horrible cheap plastic set design, ridiculously contrived fights, and horrible dialogue and one liners from all the characters in B&R.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    LOL, exaggerate much? I can see comparison between Electro and Riddler due to his over the top fanboyism towards the protagonist, but that's about it. These comparisons are getting ridiculous. ASM2 was leagues better than B&R. Anyway, I'd like to see ASM series continue. Hosestly ASM2 was a great film just didn't flow as well as it could have with the plotting. For example, the switch from Gwen's breakup to a Spidey montage didn't flow. However, ASM was a very well done movie. I prefer the characters in ASM over Raimi's Spider-man so I'd like to see lessons learned and them continue the franchise strong. I think it would be great to see Andrew interact with the Avengers as well.
    Hey, Jim Carrey's Riddler was fantastic. Also, That was the Val Kilmer Batman(Batman Forever?), Not the George Clooney Batman(Bat Nipples).
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

I dislike ASM2, but Spidey could really spice up Avengers 3 I guess.

So we talking 70-30 in Marvel's favor?

Mmmm... guys....

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Mmmm... guys....
    Still a lot of heresay. Given the continually downward trend of the films, Sony would only burn whatever goodwill they have remaining by doing any kind of reboot so soon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Some people really take these rumours way too seriously. Not sure "Badass Digest" is much of a veritable source to be fair. If Spider-Man gets to appear in the MCU that's cool then, I'd rather they stick to the Garfield Spidey.

Oh and by the way ASM2 was a decent movie.

At this point sony would be smart to sell Spider-Man back to marvel for 10 billion dollars. They could easily get that from Disney and then we could finally have a Spider-Man we love.

I’m with most of the people who say I’ll believe it when I see it.

That said, I’d love to see Spidey eventually show up in the MCU, so I would be happy to be proven wrong.

In regard to this rumor…I can see why Sony would want a piece of the Avengers pie, but what’s Marvel’s motivation? Would they really make that much more money by adding one extra character to the roster to justify dividing a portion of their profits with another studio—when the already have the third highest grossing film ever without him?

Pure conjecture, but if Marvel was to go for the rights/make a deal with a studio based on mutual financial gain, they would probably go for X-Men, since they get multiple popular characters to use in a crossover, not just one. But again, I think Marvel’s doing just fine without them.