Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Is Anyone Else NOT watching the new Last Jedi trailer?

Just curious, I haven't seen it yet and in some respects don't want to. The teaser trailer teased just enough in my opinion and I think I want to go in with the right level of mystery about things going in for once. Battlefront 2 is going to sate my Star Wars itch in the meantime.

Battlefront 2 has the same level of spoilers as the new trailer, FYI.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I'll watch it in December, as soon as I get back from the theatre.

Movie trailers have ruined too many films for me to chance it.

I watched it cause i'm curious and that i don't give much of a darn about being spoiled but yeah, if that's something who bothers you then you really, really shouldn't watch that trailer.

Cause man, it shows a lot.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just curious, I haven't seen it yet and in some respects don't want to. The teaser trailer teased just enough in my opinion and I think I want to go in with the right level of mystery about things going in for once. Battlefront 2 is going to sate my Star Wars itch in the meantime.
    Dude i won't watch the new movie. I am out. Rebel down.

I am reading old EU stuff that i did not read before when it was still alive.

The trailer doesn't have a "Luke, I am your Father." spoiler in it.

Those are the type that grind my gears.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Battlefront 2 has the same level of spoilers as the new trailer, FYI.
    Battlefront 2 is telling a different story though, set between episodes 6 and 7, and will be out a whole month before Last Jedi. Content related to Last Jedi (Cait) won't be out until the movie is, by which point I should have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Battlefront 2 is telling a different story though, set between episodes 6 and 7, and will be out a whole month before Last Jedi. Content related to Last Jedi (Cait) won't be out until the movie is, by which point I should have seen it.
    All I'm saying is that BF2 has about as many spoilers as the final trailer does.

It doesn't have what I'd call a real "spoiler" in either like Rey turns to the Dark Side or finding out who Rey's parent's are.

They'd be stupid to put that in either.

All-New Member

I don't get why people think that trailers are spoilers. I mean, I guess technically, but it's not like they reveal everything about the movie. Personally, I like it when trailers give me an idea of what I'm in for. Imagine seeing a creepy looking movie called "Camp Splatterfest". All you've seen is a few screenshots and a creepy promotional poster. Then when you go see it, it's a comedy about actors trying to get through a low budget horror film. Now you're disappointed and angry. However, had you seen the trailer where they showed the cast bumbling through their lines and props falling apart, you would have known what to expect.

BANNED

Hell to the no! In my experience trailers often show the "hook" of the movie -- it's that the hook that gets people in the door and into a seat. Nope, first I'm gonna get plastered then I'm gonna buy a ticket and enjoy the movie blindly.