Default Question about generations

So I was on a bit of a hiatus from the forums...what is generations? I read the wolverine issue but why or what made these legacy characters travel back to speak with their older counterparts? Also didn’t breevort say these weren’t time travel stories? If anyone can clear this up for me that’d be great, thanks.

Astonishing Member

Generations was a way for marvel to show off the legacy characters/deal with some of the backlash.Basically the cosmic cube child plot device sent those 10 characters to the vanishing point were they meet versions of the originals. Its not technically time travel its more like alternet reality i think. If its confusing thats because its exicutes and comes off like it was tacked on last minute.

Persionally i felt the entire thing was nice there were good issues like the Phoenix and wolverine ones, but didn't help in the way that some of the character needed.

Ooooh ok gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I did see Darkhawk is getting alone shot issue and I’m really hoping he gets his own series again soon. I mean, after war of kings he had a new mission but marvel hasn’t done anything with that yet.