Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Amazing Member

I think Marvel is getting a bit better finally but they really dropped the ball after Secret Wars.

I'll just mention one title and one problem but there are so many.
    Avengers, all the way up to Secret Wars the Avengers books had some measure of internal consistency. They were serious, dramatic and had a certain standard of quality and realism mixed with sci-fi.
    After SW the Avengers consisted of several high school students, one in particular Kamala Kahn who has very protective parents. Needless to say it's f@@@ing ridiculous. Is Kamala's stretchy power so valuable and essential to world protection that she's allowed to run around with the top super-villain crime fighting organization in the world?
    As if any adult would risk the potential lawsuit that would absolutely happen if they allowed a 15 year old to run around with their dangerous cosmic level villain fighting organization and that 15 year old were killed or seriously hurt?

It's a slap in the face to loyal Marvel readers and an obvious scramble to attract younger readers. What's weird is younger readers don't have money the same way older readers do?
    Plus when I was 10 years old reading Fantastic Four and Hulk I remember being just fine with reading stories about adults. I didn't give a flying F about any of the kid superhero teams like Power Pack or whatever.

Ultimate SM is my favorite run ever so I don't have a problem with a story about a young character at all. It was done with respect to anyone with intelligence.

I like to read good comics based in a consistent universe with events not happening every quarter. Let stories flesh out and grow. Or make these events etc. happen in a pocket of the universe and let all those build up to something. But let individual stories be told.

And contiguity is important to me but I am not a 100%'er when it comes to it. I am able to suspend my belief to a certain extent. That being said, not changing the "status quo" every 5 minutes would be nice.

I love Marvel. But right now, I have no idea who they really are and where everything is really going.

At least with DC you get that feel. And they have pockets of their universe doing their thing as well.

All that being said, comics are just way too expensive at $3.99 each. If digital were $1 to $2, I would buy tons of books. But at current prices, I am very very selective and mostly trade wait.

Too many cooks in the kitchen but none of them willing to do their job properly and spend more time mocking/complaining about the customers who complain about the half assed food.