Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Earth 2: World's End," "Batman: Endgame," & More Highlight DC Comics' October 2014 Solicits

The launch of the weekly "Earth 2: World's End," "Batman Endgame" and the latest Multiversity are all part of DC Comics' October plans.

Full article here.

Well, it's going to be an expensive month for sure. May have to cut down on some Marvel books.

ARKHAM MANOR #1
    GOTHAM ACADEMY #1
    DEATHSTROKE #1
    LOBO #1
    TRINITY OF SIN #1
    NEW SUICIDE SQUAD #3
    TEEN TITANS #3
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
    JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED ANNUAL #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #5
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK ANNUAL #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #35
    STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES FEATURING G.I. ZOMBIE #3
    AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS #6
    AQUAMAN #35
    CONSTANTINE #18
    THE FLASH #35
    SUPERMAN #35
    ACTION COMICS #35
    SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #12
    BATMAN ETERNAL #26
    BATMAN ETERNAL #27
    BATMAN ETERNAL #28
    BATMAN ETERNAL #29
    BATMAN ETERNAL #30
    BATMAN #35
    GRAYSON #3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #35
    BATGIRL #35
    BATWOMAN #35
    CATWOMAN #35
    NEW GODS: GODHEAD #1
    GREEN LANTERN #35
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #35
    GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #35
    RED LANTERNS #35
    SINESTRO #6
    INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #4
    SWAMP THING ANNUAL #3
    SWAMP THING #35

THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE #4
    THE UNWRITTEN: APOCALYPSE #10

Action Comics (2011) #35 - I am hoping the aftermath of Doomed is not a crossover so I can avoid getting anything else.
    Detective Comics (2011) #35 - Surprise creative team, a break for the other team. I was upset at first, but maybe I will be pleased.
    Justice League (2011) #34 - Finally decided to make up this month, eh?
    Justice League (2011) #35 - Amazo virus looks to show the power of non-super-powered members.
    New 52 Futures End (2014) #22 - Is the Masked Superman....Shazam.....or Black Adam?
    New 52 Futures End (2014) #23
    New 52 Futures End (2014) #24
    New 52 Futures End (2014) #25
    New 52 Futures End (2014) #26
    Superman (2011) #35 - Looking forward to seeing more of this.
    Batman (2011) #35 - Endgame huh? Why do I get the feeling Batman and Robin is the main continuity series?
    Wonder Woman (2011) #35 - Finally the end. A decent run. I am looking forward to Finch art, however.
    Aquaman (2011) #35 - I love me some Pelletier art and Parker is doing well here.
    Flash (2011) #35 - Finally the end of this. Maybe we get to see what the point was?
    New Gods: Godhead (2014) #1 - A new, new, new Green Lantern event, OK, whatever. At least this one looks good.
    Green Lantern (2011) #35 - At least it looks better than GLC
    Green Lantern Corps (2011) #35 - What I consider to be the worst of the lot.
    Green Lantern: New Guardians (2011) #35 - The most interesting Green Lantern title, wish it was the main title.
    Red Lanterns (2011) #35 - Guy as red has turned out surprisingly good/interesting. Especially now that the Milligan albatross is gone.
    Sinestro (2014) #6 - I am interested to see what this series has to offer.
    Last edited by randomengine; 07-14-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

A good month for DC. No final issues and a bunch of new series launching. Their talent roster seems pretty thin though. I think the move to the west coast is going to be a huge talent drain on them. That can either be harmful to them with no real named talent or it can be an opportunity for new talent to shine through.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

So we should be getting a Bryan Hitch cover for Green Arrow #35 instead of the Garry Brown one shown?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm going to have to adjust my pull list. Lots of books here grabbing my attention...

I'm going to try to read all of the weeklies (you think I'm going to be forced to buy Earth 2 as well?), but besides that, my for sure list that I'll buy without a doubt:

Batgirl #35
    Batman #35
    Coffin Hill #12
    Gotham Academy #1
    Grayson #3
    Harley Quinn #11
    Harley Quinn Annual #1
    Justice League #34
    Justice League #35
    Justice League United #5
    Justice League United Annual #1
    Star Spangled War Stories Featuring G.I. Zombie #3
    Superman #35

I'm going to try to at least read the rest of the new creative team changes and new series as well, if at the store or from my friends' copies.

Things I've noticed:

Amazo virus?!
    Red Hood is being written by Will Pfiefer... possibly.
    Every damn Green Lantern title is getting pulled into yet another event. Come on! I want to read Sinestro in peace ya jerks!
    Machine Kingdom? Would that be an extension of the Metal Kingdom then you think?
    Yet again, American Vampire is missing in action.

Also, best cover and probably the biggest thing I'm excited about that's not a new creative team or new book:

This is going to be so awesome.

Oh man. 45 books in one month for me. I'll get to save up for October due to me only getting like 10 books total in September.

BANNED

Everything seems to be six-issue story arcs, which would all end in March 2015, just in time for the April/May Band-Aid event. It will be interesting to see if any of these new series return in June 2015.

All-New Member

What's the chance I can pick up the Earth-2 weekly without it ending up crossing over with the Futures End weekly/Justice League?

Anyways, I'll be definitely getting:
    Multiversity : The Just #1
    Deathstroke #1
    Flash #35
    Batman #35
    Detective Comics #35
    Batman/Superman #15
    Batman Eternal #26-30
    Superman #35
    Action Comics #35
    Last edited by Neverender; 07-14-2014 at 02:35 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Everything seems to be six-issue story arcs, which would all end in March 2015, just in time for the April/May Band-Aid event. It will be interesting to see if any of these new series return in June 2015.
    Every DC comic gets at least 8 issues and see a few these easily sticking around for a while.

Astonishing Member

Well, I'll more than likely go broke by the end of October.

I'm surprised there haven't been any news about Superboy. Maybe he'll come with the Legion in Justice League United?

World's End #1 is really $2.99? For 48 pages? (Minus ads, of course)

Really excited to see Clay Mann on these solicitations. Hopefully they'll have him do interior work in the following month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    New 52 Futures End (2014) #22 - Is the Masked Superman....Shazam.....or Black Adam?.
    Not Black Adam, he's still in the Phantom Zone. Shazam may be dead on though.

All-New Member

A lively month to be sure and making some in-roads in reviving my declining interest in the DCU :-

Earth 2: Worlds' End #1-4
    Earth 2 #27
    Multiversity: The Just #1
    Justice League United Annual #1
    Batman #35
    Wonder Woman #35
    Worlds' Finest #27

I hope they make a good fist of the LSH re-introduction.
    Last edited by Drumanespic; 07-14-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: omission

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Every DC comic gets at least 8 issues and see a few these easily sticking around for a while.
    Yeah but all of these series are going on hold for two months. They may not all return. And some creators are only signed on for one six issue arc (for example, Genevieve Valentine on Catwoman).

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Well as good as Swamp Thing is, the sales suggests it won't make it past then.
    Constantine and Batwoman as well. Lack of tie-ins to these titles suggest they have been abandoned (usually tie-ins/crossovers are used to buoy lagging titles - such is the case for the Green Lantern titles this month).
    Catwoman could be another.

I would say Worlds' Finest, but they are making attempts to keep it afloat.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws is another candidate.

Supergirl and Green Arrow would then be the next dominoes to fall if sales trends maintain as they are.
    Pull List

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Well as good as Swamp Thing is, the sales suggests it won't make it past then.
    Constantine and Batwoman as well. Lack of tie-ins to these titles suggest they have been abandoned (usually tie-ins/crossovers are used to buoy lagging titles - such is the case for the Green Lantern titles this month).
    Catwoman could be another.

I would say Worlds' Finest, but they are making attempts to keep it afloat.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws is another candidate.

Supergirl and Green Arrow would then be the next dominoes to fall if sales trends maintain as they are.
    I don't see Swamp Thing and Constantine ending within a year or so. Especially with Constantine coming out with a television show this fall.