Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Catwoman could be another.
    They won't cancel Catwoman during her 75th anniversary year. My ultimate hope is a new number one, new creative team (this October-debuting one seems to be only around for one arc), and new costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Well as good as Swamp Thing is, the sales suggests it won't make it past then.
    Constantine and Batwoman as well. Lack of tie-ins to these titles suggest they have been abandoned (usually tie-ins/crossovers are used to buoy lagging titles - such is the case for the Green Lantern titles this month).
    Catwoman could be another.

I would say Worlds' Finest, but they are making attempts to keep it afloat.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws is another candidate.

Supergirl and Green Arrow would then be the next dominoes to fall if sales trends maintain as they are.
    I believe catbatfan was referring specifically to the new series just announced, that they may actually just be around 6 issues.

However, I do believe that I read in an interview with Paul Levitz that his arc featuring the Earth 2 Superman and Batman was only currently planned for about 6 issues, so it's true that it might be on the way out. With Power Girl and Huntress back on Earth 2, that makes sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I believe catbatfan was referring specifically to the new series just announced, that they may actually just be around 6 issues.

However, I do believe that I read in an interview with Paul Levitz that his arc featuring the Earth 2 Superman and Batman was only currently planned for about 6 issues, so it's true that it might be on the way out. With Power Girl and Huntress back on Earth 2, that makes sense.
    That's true, but the new Catwoman creative team is only signed on for one arc. The same could be true for Batgirl, so the October-debuting new series plus creative team changes may only be a temporary six month thing.

Earth 2: Worlds' End #1-4
    Earth 2 #27
    Swamp Thing Annual #3
    Swamp Thing #35

Batman 35 - hopefully this isn't another Joker arc.
    Batman and Robin 35
    Batman Eternal 26-30
    Grayson 3

Will flip thru the new titles at the LCS and see if any grab my attention. Also will flip thru the new Green Arrow but more than likely dropping after issue 34?

All-New Member

Talking

I am very excited about some of the Vertigo comics coming out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    That's true, but the new Catwoman creative team is only signed on for one arc. The same could be true for Batgirl, so the October-debuting new series plus creative team changes may only be a temporary six month thing.
    Yes, I agree. What I was saying was that could also apply to series that aren't getting major new creative teams, but are making some minor changes in October, like Worlds' Finest.

So, DC October 2014...

On my regular pulls there's a double shipping book, an annual plus a must-read one shot both at $4.99; if that wasn't enough theres also 5 issues coming out for the weekly Im reading. And to top it off Sandman Overture decides to somehow push back on the long delays and shows up during a heavy month, but honestly who knows if the issue will actually as solicited.

Simply put, I gotta let go of some stuff; so my on the fence and trial books are officially gone and no new series will be sampled (not that any of the October debuts interested me all that much). And I'll still be a bit overbudget

THE NEW 52: FUTURES END #22 thru 26
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
    WONDER WOMAN #35
    BATMAN #35
    NEW GODS: GODHEAD #1
    GREEN LANTERN #35
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #35
    RED LANTERNS #35
    SINESTRO #6
    SWAMP THING #35
    SWAMP THING ANNUAL #3
    THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE #4
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 07-14-2014 at 03:41 PM.

New Suicide Squad
    Batman Beyond(like Inque)
    Maybe Deathstroke

Justice League double shipping? Yes please lol. I know it is just catching up to 35 like the rest of the books, but it will be nice to get too issues of Justice League that month and I hope the series doesn't get behind again. As for the Green Lantern event I still cant' decide if I want to buy all the other issues or just not read Green Lantern for October. We already had a Green Lantern cross over for June/July so why do we need a bigger one in October. At least the recent event didn't require you to buy both Green Lantern and Corps.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Really excited to see Clay Mann on these solicitations. Hopefully they'll have him do interior work in the following month or two.
    That Clay Mann cover caught me by surprise. It would be cool if he started working on some DC books.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

How great it is to see an Amanda Conner drawing of Power Girl again!

Anywho, it's a shame there's no Wonder Woman annual to round off the series, but at least Azz and Chiang can do an origin.

I was planning on dropping Batman for an arc to change pase, but Endgame is apparently featuring an original villain, which might be cool. And I kind of want that Superman just for the cover.

Lots of great stuff.

Best cover of the year!

The lightning bolt going through the Masked Superman is a huge clue to solving his identity.

I hope the Secret Origins Wonder Woman story is collected in the final WW trade for the Azzarello/Chiang run. It would suck if it's only included in Secret Origins, I really have no interest in any of the other tales...

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Earth2 #27
    Klarion #1
    Wonder Woman #35
    Aquaman #35
    Teen Titans #3
    Samndman Overture #4
    Coffin Hill #12
    Fairest #30
    Fables #145
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.