Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is a problem i have with this book. it seems like a lot of the action and story points are taking place off page/in other books. This was a big issue with event stories in the late 80s and early 90s. way too much happened in the tie ins which created a big hole in the actual series. in issue 3 Steel, Terrific, and everyone else were already at the Oblivion Bar and Nightwing and Damian were at in their medieval warrior garb. i know whats going on because i'm reading the tie ins, but i wonder how this story will read when collected.
    I disagree.
    Damian and Nightwing in Warrior garb, infected Lois those are not really story points or of any importance. They will not effect the outcome or direction of the story in anyway so I'm glad they happened elsewhere this story has too much to deal with.
    Gotham Resistant doesn't feel like it is essential reading for this event.
    The origin one shots well those are necessary and not something one would expect to do dealt with in the Metal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Well the 'Metal' title makes sense now give how vibrations and music affect the multiverse in #3
    That little panel with spoilers:
    Nightmaster's
    end of spoilers head being skewered with his own sword was just sick.
    Yuck. What an repulsive ending.

The Sword of Night (and it's opposite, the Mace of Mists) was an interesting concept; it's wielder was not. His origin was a jumbled mess which is not atypical today. He was my least favorite character in Shadowpact; a sword & sorcery shtick with a uninspired costume.

'His look was as boring as he was'; quite an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I disagree.
    Damian and Nightwing in Warrior garb, infected Lois those are not really story points or of any importance. They will not effect the outcome or direction of the story in anyway so I'm glad they happened elsewhere this story has too much to deal with.
    Gotham Resistant doesn't feel like it is essential reading for this event.
    The origin one shots well those are necessary and not something one would expect to do dealt with in the Metal
    Agreed. And I also thought that the use of Clark as stand in for the audience (we, and he, are all getting caught up on the status quo together) was a deft way of handling the changes that have occurred since the last issue and a way to make the audience identify with Supes as the main 'pov' character.

A variant cover for Metal #4 has been share,d and it's glorious : https://twitter.com/TonyDanielx2/sta...99348985319425

Another one : https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/920877101753831424
    Last edited by Korath; 10-20-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Epic covers.

Can't wait to see what part does Daniel play into all this.

My guess is that there is going to be some kind of war between the worlds of dreams and the one of nightmares, with Barbatos at the forefront, or something along the lines.

Okay, someone answer me this:

Why the heck should I care about Metal?

I've liked it a bit, don't get me wrong. Some of these Dark Batmen (and woman!) are intriguing. I think this SHOULD be a great event.

Instead, I feel as if this is a placeholder event, just meant to stall until the REAL event starts, Doomsday Clock. I feel that THAT is the event that they have been building to ever since Rebirth started, but then someone had this idea and they had to cram it into the schedule.

Anybody else feel like that, or is it just me?

I feel the reverse. With all the crap that Rebirth has been with the Super and Wonder line, I've lost any and all interest in Doomsday Clock, because it will clearly amount to "return to the previous statu quo everyone", while Metal actually expand the D.C Universe in new ways. Honestly, I don't think that anything good will come out of Doom.Clock.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I've liked it a bit, don't get me wrong. Some of these Dark Batmen (and woman!) are intriguing. I think this SHOULD be a great event.

Instead, I feel as if this is a placeholder event, just meant to stall until the REAL event starts, Doomsday Clock. I feel that THAT is the event that they have been building to ever since Rebirth started, but then someone had this idea and they had to cram it into the schedule.

It does seem to have flat-lined a little bit in terms of feeling consequential for me. Not that every event needs to shake things up for shock value, but the mystery is lagging and I want payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Dark Nights Metal is basically a justice league book where the main heroes confront something out of a nightmare, and that is it.

In my opinion people should care less whether it is an event or not, whether it changes any previous status quo or not, and just go with it, enjoy what you get, and if you don't, then simply drop it.

I have the feeling that in the long term Metal is going to be better remembered for everything it is doing for the DC universe than Doomsday Clock.

I fell like Doomsday Clock will be severely bashed unless it delivers something exceptional, because mixing the main DCU with the Watchmen is a risky move.

But well, I don't know if I am the best person to judge because Metal is the only jl story I have enjoyed so far, and the only of the so called events I like is Identity Crisis, which I think is the only one with a good story to tell.