Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The big reveal was a shock, and I honestly hope that it isn't legit and that it happened to mess with Laura. If that development ends happily, I won't be pleased.

Gabby's new costume is cool. I'm not sold on the art, though, the faces look pretty awkward in some panels.
    I'm thoroughly expecting it to end in tragedy.

Incidentally, this issue could use some love on ComicBookRoundup. Someone tossed a 1/10 review on there that needs to be countered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm thoroughly expecting it to end in tragedy.

Incidentally, this issue could use some love on ComicBookRoundup. Someone tossed a 1/10 review on there that needs to be countered.
    How could anyone bring objective give this a 1/10? This was a great setup issue for the arc, hitting on the kinds of beats that leave you wanting more to see what happens next.

I think it was either fixed or taken out because I don't see any red scores anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think it was either fixed or taken out because I don't see any red scores anymore.
    No, the user reviews are still there.

No, the user reviews are still there.
    Oh I don't pay any attention to those.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

This is more like it! What a great start. Very refreshing and down to earth after that bogus little space adventure.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

BANNED

Well I had a look at this. It was okay and the first time I didn’t cringe or shake my head while reading the protagonists dialogue in the book.
    I was sort of wondering what the purpose of spoilers:
    was making a clone of Sarah Kinney. But if they want to replicate the factors of bringing X-23 to life (that she was born of a woman not in a tube) then they would want to replicate the exact conditions of her birth and up bring. The thing is behaviour and reaction are not things that can be replicated. What makes Laura so great (like most X-women) is not her power set. It’s her will and pride and refusal to give up.
    end of spoilers

What would be nice if it gave Laura some closure.
    Of course she could still be haunted by her past and her transgressions (which is the case with most people) but she would not be given to beating herself up and would learn to forgive herself. But I don’t think that Taylor is good or deep a writer to handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I don't consider him a hero, or even an anti hero. If that's where Marvel wants to take him then I hope they would give him a redemption story.
    I hope not. Daken is fun being shades of grey. From what I've read he always struck me as being a creature of the moment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Well I had a look at this. It was okay and the first time I didn’t cringe or shake my head while reading the protagonists dialogue in the book.
    I was sort of wondering what the purpose of spoilers:
    was making a clone of Sarah Kinney. But if they want to replicate the factors of bringing X-23 to life (that she was born of a woman not in a tube) then they would want to replicate the exact conditions of her birth and up bring. The thing is behaviour and reaction are not things that can be replicated. What makes Laura so great (like most X-women) is not her power set. It’s her will and pride and refusal to give up.
    end of spoilers

What would be nice if it gave Laura some closure.
    Of course she could still be haunted by her past and her transgressions (which is the case with most people) but she would not be given to beating herself up and would learn to forgive herself. But I don’t think that Taylor is good or deep a writer to handle that.
    The point of bring her back is to die. Her death had a massive impact on her life, having her die just when Laura gets a chance to get her back and get closuser would be devastating to Laura. Mark my words She will die in Laura arms in the end of this arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The point of bring her back is to die. Her death had a massive impact on her life, having her die just when Laura gets a chance to get her back and get closuser would be devastating to Laura. Mark my words She will die in Laura arms in the end of this arc
    Probably for Taylor's version of Laura. I don't think that if this was the version of Laura written by Kyle and Yost and Marjorie Liue. Laura wouldn't be that stupid/desperate to want to make a life with a clone of her mother.X-23 never struck me as someone who "wants her mommy". Even if you want to say that clones are real, it's still not her mother. It's a...person implanted with the memories of her mother. It's not the same thing. Laura was much more of deep and profound character.

But given what Taylor's written so far, I strongly suspect that what you've predicted is will be come to pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Probably for Taylor's version of Laura. I don't think that if this was the version of Laura written by Kyle and Yost and Marjorie Liue. Laura wouldn't be that stupid/desperate to want to make a life with a clone of her mother.X-23 never struck me as someone who "wants her mommy". Even if you want to say that clones are real, it's still not her mother. It's a...person implanted with the memories of her mother. It's not the same thing. Laura was much more of deep and profound character.

But given what Taylor's written so far, I strongly suspect that what you've predicted is will be come to pass.
    1) We have no context at all for who she is yet. There's sure as hell nothing in this issue that states whether it's the real Sarah, a clone, LMD, robot, AU, time-displaced dupe, shapeshifter imposter, or ANYTHING.

2) Are you forgetting, or just willfully ignoring, this?

From Kyle and Yost themselves. I suppose you also forgot all about her tears when she finally read Sarah's letter at the end of Target X, too. It's pretty damn well-established that ANYTHING regarding Sarah is a good way for someone to torture Laura. Even if it IS "just" a clone, if you HONESTLY believe Laura would just shrug and go "meh" over it, then you clearly don't understand the character anywhere near as well as you think.

1) We have no context at all for who she is yet. There's sure as hell nothing in this issue that states whether it's the real Sarah, a clone, LMD, robot, AU, time-displaced dupe, shapeshifter imposter, or ANYTHING.

From Kyle and Yost themselves. I suppose you also forgot all about her tears when she finally read Sarah's letter at the end of Target X, too. It's pretty damn well-established that ANYTHING regarding Sarah is a good way for someone to torture Laura. Even if it IS "just" a clone, if you HONESTLY believe Laura would just shrug and go "meh" over it, then you clearly don't understand the character anywhere near as well as you think.
    I almost forgot how much of a b#%@ Emma was to Laura.

Astonishing Member

Not just this but Sara's death was the first time she ever showed emotions. Regardless if she a fake or not Laura will see her as her real mom, and considering taylor said there would be some deaths Laura will be crushed seeing her die again (i gurentee it will be the tear jerking slowly dieing in her arms last words i love you trope). I said it befor but this arc will bring Laura back to her depressed state to a extend. We should be getting a darker Laura when this is over.

Also want the next villan to be emma now. I dont know why but i feel like Laura should go a few rounds with her for some reasion
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 10-12-2017 at 06:51 PM.

BANNED

Stumbled across this:

Looks like #25 is getting a second printing. No cover yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    A Masamune would have been so much more thematically appropriate.
    Date Masamuneshould have shown up on this issue, lol.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Date Masamuneshould have shown up on this issue, lol.
    They are talking about Masamune Goro the Swordsmith. Not Date Masamune
    X-Men Forever