Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My first non universe marvel was transformers 1. Kid next door gave it to me.

[IMG][/IMG]

First in universe is fantastic four 305.

[IMG][/IMG]

And this trade right after!

[IMG][/IMG]

It was fantastic four that got me to read the main marvel books. Before then it was only gijoe, star wars and transformers. I would not ever try the main marvel books even after my friend tried to get me to read his new mutants comics. I just didn't care for them and would have dropped comics after some time i'm sure. Then I saw a cool rock guy on the cover of 305 and the rest was history!

Astonishing Member

Not the first I read but the first I bought and collected

Secret wars 1

I can't be sure, but I think it was X-Men Adventures #1, the comic book that was based on the animated series.

I can't remember the cover for the life of me. It was a daredevil story where Matt was on boat going to Japan and was attacked by ninjas. Ever since that issue i have been a big daredevil fan and collector.

Spectacular Member

Amazing Spider Man #263

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_263.jpg

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

The one that started me on collecting?
    HULK #323.

Used to stay at my grandparents for a couple weeks every summer to help out my grandfather tend to the house, yard or just hang out and go fishing.
    I remember that year because of the grasshopper infestation and a bad drought in southern Idaho, so instead of fishing, I went along with Grandma while she chatted up with old friends and grocery shopped from town-to-town.
    Saw this issue, flipped thru it and loved it. Grandma forked over 75 cents.
    Next store, saw #321. Got that one too.
    One last store, there was #322. Had to skip on that one for dinner, but we'd come back the next day to get it (after mowing the lawn or pulling weeds.)
    Sure enough, went back but someone bought it. I didn't read #322 for another three years...

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My first Marvel issue was an early Spiderman one though I can't remember the exact issue. It had belonged to my uncle and I think the cover might have been missing. The first Marvel book that started me off collecting them was Transformers #5 with that awesome Shockwave cover and I ended up going through the back issue bins for the previous four issues of that one the very next week. My first mainline Marvel book was New Mutants #1 after hearing a friend of mine praising the issue. (Just for clarification this was back in the 80s.)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Thor and Cable were my first two favorite characters at Marvel. The X-Men comic helped me get into them at that time.

My first Marvel Comic was Marvel Tales #51
    Marvel_Tales_Vol_2_52.jpg
    The Marvel book that started me collecting was FF #176
    Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_176.jpg
    And I still have them all these years later.

I am not 100% certain, but I think it was Avengers #91

"Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

So, there was a time when I had never even tried to read a comic book. I had known about Marvel/DC for years, thanks to my love of the 90's cartoons and films (X-Men & Spider-Man where my favorite cartoons, and Batman Returns is still one of my all-time favorite films) but the allure of comics never hit. I must admit Marvel had always been my favorite of the two, and I was getting a little more into the world thanks to playing on a game called Marvel Heroes. Then, around three years ago? I was looking for a vinyl records shop in my local town, I found a charming little comic book shop (Shout out to Atomic Comics & Games in Yeovil!) where I spotted this strange little book called 'The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1' I recognized the character from Marvel Heroes and thought eh, why not?

I had no idea it would change my life. Literally, I was in a dark place at that time and escaping into the world of comics helped me a lot. I started going back in, picking up others books (My favorites being the new Jane-Thor books and Angela: Asgard's Assassin!) and when I discovered Marvel Unlimited, that was it... I was hooked into this world, and I never want to leave! I now have over 500+ physical books, and have read many more on the MU app. Oh, and while I still adore Squirrel Girl and her book, She-Hulk has replaced her as my muse/favorite character/icon!

The first one I read was some X-Men comic that belonged to my cousin when I was younger, but I can't remember the specific issue.

The first one I bought out of my own pocket for keeps was Ms. Marvel #1 and the beginning of Kamala Khan's run in 2014, and I've never looked back. Similar to what's posted above with Squrriel Girl, buying Ms. Marvel #1 changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So that's why there's no picture of a cover?
    It was supposed to be a picture of Gambit #1 (1999) lmao

Dunno what happened there.

Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher