Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    When Stan Lee left, to be replaced by Conway (a complete unknown) - no one cared because back in those days we just read comics and comic writers weren't these stars like they are today. Slott's moving on, the stars will still be up in the sky, Spider-Man will go on, and some people will like the new direction, while some won't.

Happy for Slott.
    I wouldn't say Conway was a complete unknown when he got the ASM gig. He had done some work for DC (House of Secrets, All-Star Western, The Phantom Stranger) and Marvel (Ka-Zar, Daredevil, Hulk, Iron Man, and more) before he got his ASM gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, half the people here says he's a genius, other half says he's shit, very little middle ground, which I find ironic since that's similar how he writes lol (I noticed that Spidey is either a super genius badass or an incompetent loser who needs help to do shit).
    I guess you could say I'm in the middle. Slott was one of my favorite Spidey writers of all time, up until the end of Superior Spider-Man, where a previous fresh and brilliant run went out with a whimper. The next two volumes that followed where terrible and I couldn't believe the same guy was writing them. It's almost like once he made Peter Spider-Man again, he didn't know what else to do with him and so he got bored with him. It's definitely time for a new voice on ASM.