Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman#33 Discussion and Spoilers

That was a really weird issue just based off how Clark was acting. He was pretty chummy with Lex when they took down the bank robbers, exchanging jokes with him etc, but shortly after Lex is captured, Clark ignores the summons he and Jon receives to go see a movie, and then when Lex's armed robots track them down, he still refuses to go with them despite this situation potentially being an escalation.

At least they had an interesting, if expected way of getting every character to Apokolips, and splitting the family across the planet should give everyone a nice journey, Lois in particular.

I wanted more, maybe because the last page was interesting, the 3 in different places, but good..

Even if this is only the begin, I doubt that Batman 33 can equal this chapter.. and less, this saga..

Next chapter, Fury Lois.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-18-2017 at 02:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That was a really weird issue just based off how Clark was acting. He was pretty chummy with Lex when they took down the bank robbers, exchanging jokes with him etc, but shortly after Lex is captured, Clark ignores the summons he and Jon receives to go see a movie, and then when Lex's armed robots track them down, he still refuses to go with them despite this situation potentially being an escalation.

At least they had an interesting, if expected way of getting every character to Apokolips, and splitting the family across the planet should give everyone a nice journey, Lois in particular.
    This part wasn't really that bad because Clark said Luthor had been calling him the same way for weeks for things that weren't dire, and he didn't know Lex was in trouble.

Saying he couldn't leave Metropolis was odd though.

It was a solid start to the arc in my opinion. I liked seeing Superman and SuperLex working together to take down the robbers. Ah, about avoiding the signal, the issue makes it pretty clear why he chose to avoid it. Lex has been using the signal for weeks without any reasons other than to show off his tech, no wonder Clark avoided it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I wanted more, maybe because the last page was interesting, the 3 in different places, but good..

Even if this is only the begin, I doubt that Batman 33 can equal this chapter.. and less, this saga..

Next chapter, Fury Lois.
    I don't know what to make of Batman 33, mainly because of the last page. And Damien looking more like he was late teens then only 13.

This though? That ending especially was much more exciting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    This part wasn't really that bad because Clark said Luthor had been calling him the same way for weeks for things that weren't dire, and he didn't know Lex was in trouble.

Saying he couldn't leave Metropolis was odd though.
    I should learn not to read so fast. Thanks for clearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't know what to make of Batman 33, mainly because of the last page. And Damien looking more like he was late teens then only 13.

This though? That ending especially was much more exciting.
    I saw the images of the batboys and duke in one preview.. I donīt like the art..

Sure.. I am sure that this comic showed more action here than batman..

I think that Gleason in one BatmanxSelina, would be more interesting.. However, I never wanted Batman married, maybe King failure is better..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-18-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Good issue. Thought it was funny to see Clark getting a backbone and not answering Lex. Of course he picked the wrong time to do so. Mostly set up issue, but I don't mind.

The beginning was fun. Luthor and Superman were stopping those guys together.

And Luthor was calling him to show off his fancy upgraded chest shield! I am liking him as a hero. Can't he stay like this for some more time? He was always someone with great self-importance. He is not changed. But that vanity is being used for good. I like it. He is both 'Brave and The Bold'.

It is quite frightening that Luthor can search for Kryptonian signature. (What is it? I don't think such a thing was mentioned before). Either this would be forgotten when Lex turns evil or it will create a lot of problems. Lex can find him even in his identity of Clark Kent. Furthermore, the bots were actually able to capture them.

It is an intriguing and a good start. All three are at separate places.

Two questions for the fans:
    1. Who are Prophet and Ardora? I don't think they have made an appearance since Rebirth. Or perhaps they made an appearance but i can't recall.
    2. What was the movie? The Superfamily seems to love it a lot.

Setup is done. Can't wait to see Lois as a Fury. On to Superman 800!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-18-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Two questions for the fans:
    1. Who are Prophet and Ardora? I don't think they have made an appearance since Rebirth. Or perhaps they made an appearance but i can't recall.
    2. What was the movie? The Superfamily seems to love it a lot.
    1..One character of Justice League: Darkseid War... I heard that this character existed before..

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Ardora

She believes that Luthor is the man who can save the slaves of apokolips after darkseid "death", after he cheated her(the description of that hero was superman) and absorbed the dark energy of Darkseid, something temporal.. Thanks to her Luthor has this armor.. and one mother box..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    1..One character of Justice League: Darkseid War... I heard that this character existed before..

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Ardora

She believes that Luthor is the man who can save the slaves of apokolips after darkseid "death", after he cheated her(the description of that hero was superman) and absorbed the dark energy of Darkseid, something temporal.. Thanks to her Luthor has this armor.. and one mother box..
    Thank you. That wiki tells me that she is not a new character. (Though i don't think she is the mother of a certain Lex Luthor Jr. That character is from Pre-Crisis). But you have explained her role for now.

Always Rakzo

Boy, I'm so glad to have this creative team back. I was admitedly a bit confused with the friendship between Clark and Lex (did this happen in Action Comics or something?) but it was surprisingly enjoyable since it does sound like how a friendship between both characters would in my head (I especially loved the part where Clark says that Lex calls him just to show off). I also digged how Tomasi and Gleason are using plot-points from Johns' Justice League like Lex's time as Apokolips' ruler, that's an interesting thing to explore.

Great work from Mahnke to boot.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Thank you. That wiki tells me that she is not a new character. (Though i don't think she is the mother of a certain Lex Luthor Jr. That character is from Pre-Crisis). But you have explained her role for now.
    Ardora in the pre crisis era was a woman on a planet where Lex was seen as a hero. She "married" him and had Lex Jr. Lex decides that he will retire as a villain after one last battle with Superman, but the whole planet with those two included blew up during that battle and Lex became even more determined as a villain.

BANNED

The movie they watched was The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Ardora in the pre crisis era was a woman on a planet where Lex was seen as a hero. She "married" him and had Lex Jr. Lex decides that he will retire as a villain after one last battle with Superman, but the whole planet with those two included blew up during that battle and Lex became even more determined as a villain.
    That planet blew up! A battle between Superman and Luthor? Were they fighting like this?

I know it might have been space lasers or something but it is sad. Lex was giving up his super-villainy but then this tragedy struck. I can understand his renewed determination as a villain. I hope they give him a proper reason now to return back to his villainous ways which is probably going to happen during Doomsday Clock.

For this arc since Lex is at Apokolips is it possible that they will create some romantic tension between Ardora and Lex? It seems highly unlikely. For an Easter egg it is a pretty old story to refer to. And Lex is on Earth during Doomsday Clock.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The movie they watched was The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
    Thanks. So Lois and Clark love the movie a lot. And Jon loves it courtesy his parents.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-18-2017 at 08:47 AM.