Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Conner is permanently "stuck" at 16 years old, so just let him be that way. If a new Young Justice doesn't stick around then he's always available for some version of the Teen Titans.

His costume: I care less about that than just him coming back!
    I could be misremembering, but I thought that was retconned (either by Geoff Johns or by PAD at the end of YOUNG JUSTICE, I forget which) and we were told that Kon did in fact start to age...

Cheers.

James.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I could be misremembering, but I thought that was retconned (either by Geoff Johns or by PAD at the end of YOUNG JUSTICE, I forget which) and we were told that Kon did in fact start to age...

Cheers.

James.

It was sons of youth back in the middle of the YJ series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Conner is permanently "stuck" at 16 years old, so just let him be that way. If a new Young Justice doesn't stick around then he's always available for some version of the Teen Titans.

His costume: I care less about that than just him coming back!
    He's not stuck at 16. Young Justice TV is not the Superboy comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post

Cheers.

James.
    Didn't happen like that. It was before Johns' Ret-Kon.

Superboy stopped aging at the end of the "Meltdown" story by Ron Marz (SB #41), in which his body was genetically damaged because his DNA was ripped apart in order to create Match (Advanced clone of Superboy. Not clone of Superman like YJTV.). The cellstock used to create Superboy couldn't be used anymore and there was no Superman cells to pattern after (since Superboy was a human clone based on Superman). Superboy's DNA required a template of someone his age to be built back together again. He got that in Roxy, his supporting character from the book. Process locked his age and Roxy's feelings for Kon changed from crush to more like a brother because of what happened.

His age was restored by Karl Kesel (guy who created Superboy) in SB #74 at the end of the "Evil Factory" storyline. It was part of the "Sins of Youth" event. Due to Klarion's magic messing with an aging beam, the energy hit Young Justice, the JLA and JSA...but Superboy didn't age. His cells were at war with it and it caused him pain. Dr. Serling Roquette saved him by altering his DNA to unfreeze his stuck at 16 cells. He aged to full adult like the other YJ members in the story. He aged normally since.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 10-17-2017 at 06:00 PM.

BANNED

Wow I just thought of a way that John's could have had a slightly better footing for his retcon of Kon by reading C-Dots last post.

Maybe Geoff should have said Roquette used actual Superman DNA to fix kons aging problem during the sons of youth story,that would atleast give him a reason,even if kesels own notes about using the incomplete Superman scan would have been a million times better.

I'm scared that the fractured kon-el fanbase won't collasce together behind whatever DC gives us when Kon gets Rebirthed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

I'm scared that the fractured kon-el fanbase won't collasce together behind whatever DC gives us when Kon gets Rebirthed.
    I already have both a "Welcome Back Kon" sign and an effigy ready depending on what we get.

Mostly kid. Unlike all the others in TT Johns butchered, Kon actually got the chance to recover as a character Post-Ressurection, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like him then somewhat, even if he wasn't my Kon. So while anything but classic interpretations is unacceptable for me when it comes to Bart and Cassie, I am a little more open minded here.

BANNED

BANNED

I hope there are slight changes to tomorrow Kon than from how he was in the original storyline(the hair,the powerset,the subservient behavior,the enjoying of hurting others,etc),and get rid of that damn dumb Touchdown crap ugh.

I remember when I got this back then i thought it was the coolest thing I've ever seen, and it was,Kon looked like a badass,and Inna awesome Superman suit.now I see the flaws above 1st and the coolness 2nd.