Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I still think the statue thing was merely symbolic in the sense that it was one vague hint of Oz's identity. A "real" parent destroying a memory of his son's adoptive ones. As opposed to it being some sort of symbolism that they shouldn't be dead or something.

Superman has enough gifts. I don't want the man miserable by any stretch of the imagination but where is the pathos if he has absolutely everything he could possible ask for? He has a wife and even a son now, he doesn't need the gift of a dead parent brought back to life. Its too much, man. If one gets a hankering for Superman to see his mother again, there's always time travel. There's always flashbacks. There's always dreams.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm hoping they'll make this like a Wally West situation where he's the Flash for a specific team. Put Conner in the Titans and he can be "their" Superboy. Better than not having him around at all. Or they could go with my idea and shift him into the future and put him in the Legion!
    I'd be okay with just letting him age a bit and not tying him to a specific age-based superhero moniker. So long as it's better than "Red Robin", that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Superman View Post
    I'd be okay with just letting him age a bit and not tying him to a specific age-based superhero moniker. So long as it's better than "Red Robin", that is.
    I'd like to see Young Justice (animated series) version of Connor come in, probably mid to late teens, and bee Jon's older brother/uncle/however they decide to bring him back.

While Jon is now an honorary member of the Teen Titans, and growing closer to Damian, he could still use that older brother figure.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm hoping they'll make this like a Wally West situation where he's the Flash for a specific team. Put Conner in the Titans and he can be "their" Superboy. Better than not having him around at all. Or they could go with my idea and shift him into the future and put him in the Legion!
    Not like that didn't happen before. He was the Superboy of the "Post-Zero Hour Legion," "Legion of Earth-247," however you wanna put it.

BANNED

Kon is all about growth as a character imo.maybe he didn't take over for Clark like Wally did for Barry,but he has been shown to age and mature as the years have gone by.

I can see him being "the SUPER" for a new YJ team,while Jon is with the TT,his dad is with the JL,kenan is with JLC,and kara should absolutely join a team,maybe a part time Legionniare.

Kon needs to keep aging I think it's imperative that it happens,there can't be any back stepping with him,or retreading,if he does I think it will destroy the character.he was 17-18 at the end of his last series,so if he was locked up out of time,and didnt age he should be 18-19-20.actually him being exactly the age Morrison made Clark in his action comics #1 would be perfect.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

That's actually a great idea for the direction for Conner when he comes back: Embodying Morrison's Golden Age Superman/Early New 52 Superman. A slightly brasher Superman who can fight side-by-side with the modern version. He's even accustomed to the t-shirt and jeans look (although I'd definitely add the cape this time around).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'd also love to see Conner return and take over the role of young, angry social crusader jeans & t-shirt Golden Age Superman type.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, maybe this time all his interesting elements will coalesce into a character I actually care about. I do wonder what they'll do about the name though - would be so much simpler if they'd just named Jon 'Superkid' or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Huh, I'll have to sit down and actually read this book sometime because all I did was pick around for the Conner stuff. Was it any good?
    It's a fun superhero team book, albeit one that's gone down some roads with Batwoman I'm not wild about and that's pretty grossly blown out of proportion quality-wise by the 90s Batfamily-fan crowd. I could see you liking it; if nothing else, if my theory is correct, it's in lockstep with the other books in building up to some distinctly Batman 666-ish developments over the next couple years.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Jon could always go by Superlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We get to see a flashback to how Future Tim was taken from his own time and place. Before he's captured, he is contacted by a Titans-affiliated Superman who tells him Victor (Cyborg) is attacking their outposts, and that Tim needs friends. Tim plays a recording of Stephanie talking to Anarky. She says she has forsaken JL protection to help take down Tim, who she said tried to hold the world together himself but was ultimately broken by it.

Tim and Future Tim have a conversation about the future, with Future Tim revealing Dick became Batman again after Bruce died, but ultimately gave it up and left Gotham. Jason took up the mantle, but ran afoul of a thousand ninjas and was left a broken man after a great battle which cost him a leg. Damian took over...and...well...he's Damian. Gotham went to hell with him in the cowl, so Tim had to kill him.

Tim and Future Tim make use of synthetic Kryptonite and a hologram of our Superman to keep Doomsday at bay and eventually teleport out of Oz's prison and back to Gotham

Future Tim tells past Tim to apologize to Conner Kent, but Tim doesn't know who that is, which shocks Future Tim and brings him to tears as he realizes this timeline has been altered and nothing is set in stone, but he comes to the swift conclusion he must kill Batwoman

Although Tim does'nt address who the Superman in the flashback is by name, it probably was Conner.
    What exactly do you mean by he's Damian? Damian the only Robin to have ever given his life twice for humanity. Damian the boy who saved the world twice before age 11. Do not base your judgement of a character based on a vision of Batman 666 that wasn't even confirmed to be him or true judge him on things that he's actually done and that is sacrifice more than any other hero in the Batverse has ever done.

BANNED

"who is Conner"?Lol. That was a darkly funny moment when you consider that kon had the same nightmare of not being a unique person but a easily replaceable and thus forgettable (not that he is mind you)dime a dozen clone in young justice. anyhow he is there in the future and the light to Tims darkness a role every Superman always seems to perform in regard with any batman. The moment also is powerful in that it gives Tim bats new hope of being able to change the future as he discovers the timeline is in a flux though why he thinks its a good idea after flashpoint is anyone's guess. perhaps the secret of flashpoint has been buried by Bruce and Barry so no one knows about it or this was a vestige of a ghost of timeline that would have been erased but something kept it intact like the flashpoint timeline and it gained potential and became real out of the many possible futures.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Duh, this one!
    Attachment 56086
    Ya, the t shirt, post johns Kon, its the most widely recognised version. Any Kon that Incorperates his history from DOS up till FP.

Does 52 Kon really need to be addressed anyway...just leave that in the canon heap.

Hey guys!
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'd also love to see Conner return and take over the role of young, angry social crusader jeans & t-shirt Golden Age Superman type.
    Totally...i picture him like this punisher type character sorta roaming the dcu ala golden age in his own corner of the dcu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Jon could always go by Superlad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I do wonder what they'll do about the name though - would be so much simpler if they'd just named Jon 'Superkid' or something to that effect.
    Ya...IMO Kon should always be Superboy...i wouldnt like jon any less if he had a different name.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What exactly do you mean by he's Damian? Damian the only Robin to have ever given his life twice for humanity. Damian the boy who saved the world twice before age 11. Do not base your judgement of a character based on a vision of Batman 666 that wasn't even confirmed to be him or true judge him on things that he's actually done and that is sacrifice more than any other hero in the Batverse has ever done.
    The Haters are Haters.. they mention this things.. Even if that Tim killed him when Batman donīt kill the Joker..

I am sure that Joker "GAMES" against Batman and Gotham were worst than this Bat-Damian work..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-12-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The Haters are Haters.. they mention this things.. Even if that Tim killed him when Batman donīt kill the Joker..

I am sure that Joker "GAMES" against Batman and Gotham were worst than this Bat-Damian work..
    Titans of Tomorrow Tim kills anyone who is in his way. Damian was just one of the many.