Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Also count me in with the group who prefers the Johns era revamp and costume. 90s Superboy is gaudy, outdated and too cliche. I'm far more interested in the mid 2000s Superboy returning than I am in 90s Superboy returning.
    But for the sake of character diversity, I feel like at the very least a mix of Johns' version and the 90s is in order. If he's just Johns' version then he's just a far less fun older Jon Kent. Mixing the distinctive personality of his 90s style and the more tempered aspects of his 2000s era stuff might be a good way to shift him away from redundancy in the face of Kenan and Jon. A version of his The Just look may be nice (the very bottom of the page). There's enough implication of swag there to let you know "oh this guy used to party" but also let you know that he's not quite as into that as he used to be. Don't go loud on whatever suit he's gonna wear, but make it clear that put just as much thought into the style as he did the substance.

Also maybe give him some slight stubble beard?

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I feel Kon’s 00s costume is too...meh, I don’t hate it, but it’s just a simple S black shirt and pants. If he’s due to return, he should do it in a more stylish way.

I do hate it. In comic form at least. Like I said before, YJ at least tried to make it look like a costume. It made it passable. I could make do with something like that. The comics look though was downright lazy and stupid. I'd even take the New 52 neon costume over that coming back.

The simple shirt and jeans belongs in the same place that Supergirl's one-time awful white t-shirt look occupies: history.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-13-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kon needs to be back with his full kewl swag and radical costume as far as i am concerned .

BANNED

One question that Conner fans have to ask themselves and that is what becomes of Jon Kent when Conner comes back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    One question that Conner fans have to ask themselves and that is what becomes of Jon Kent when Conner comes back ?
    They both can co-exist, one is a Half human kryptonian clone and the other one is the son of Superman. Other than the name Superboy, they don’t have nothing in common.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nothing. He continues being Superboy and teaming up with Damian as the Super Sons. Why would anything happen to him? He's super popular.

The actual question is where do they put Conner? And what do they call him (super hero name wise) if anything. Given last issue of Detective Comics, it's looking possible--if not likely--that Tim and Conner my not need hero names but rather a team name to operate under.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nothing. He continues being Superboy and teaming up with Damian as the Super Sons. Why would anything happen to him? He's super popular.

The actual question is where do they put Conner? And what do they call him (super hero name wise) if anything. Given last issue of Detective Comics, it's looking possible--if not likely--that Tim and Conner my not need hero names but rather a team name to operate under.
    The Forgotten

What happens when Conner comes back? What happens is I find a way to ask an artist to draw my fan picture of him, Jon, and Kara watching a scary movie.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I do hate it. In comic form at least. Like I said before, YJ at least tried to make it look like a costume. It made it passable. I could make do with something like that. The comics look though was downright lazy and stupid. I'd even take the New 52 neon costume over that coming back.

The simple shirt and jeans belongs in the same place that Supergirl's one-time awful white t-shirt look occupies: history.
    Or back at Hot Topic where it belonged.

This character wasn't some plainclothes hero. He literally thought he was Superman, wanted to be Superman, and looked the part with an actual costume that was reflective of a Superman with sensibilities of a young man (in the original and the update). T-shirt and Jeans is off the clock or day off clothes.

A modern take on the original or the 2001 costume from the original series would be welcome. You kinda had that with Kell-El in LOSH. That costume looked very similar to SB's 2001 costume.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 10-13-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

He re-joins Tim Drake and Cassie Sandsmark and a couple other people in the new Young Justice?

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    He re-joins Tim Drake and Cassie Sandsmark and a couple other people in the new Young Justice?
    Conner, Tim and Cassie, such a great excuse for DC to make yet another Trinity lol.

I also don't see any problem with Jon if Conner returns, Jon has Super Sons after all, their adventures are pretty different too, at the very best they only share power sets, but if Kara can exist when Superman does when they have identical powers, then there's no problem with Jon and Conner when they don't have the same powers (Since Conner has that telekinesis and Jon is still developing).

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really hope this leads to Conner’s return.
    You and me both Brother!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nothing. How many Flashes did we have? We have 4 Robin/Post-Robin characters, who of whom are still wearing a Robin suit of some kind... pretty sure we can have both Conner and Jon vaguely sharing a Superboy moniker. Though, Conner or Kon-El work fine as well for Conner.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Both can co-exist. There are two Flashes now along with a kid-Flash. Jon Kent has the Super Sons book and will be prominent in Superman and Action Comics. Conner will do fine just as Jon.

Conner can appear prominently in another book. A Superboy book appears far-fetched now considering the fact that there is a Superboy around. A team book may do the job. A YJ book makes sense seeing that the new season is coming up. Or he could be in the Titans book. He can be in a special book for him. Something like Batgirl and The Birds of Prey. Or maybe 'Superboys' or even 'Jon Conner'. Last two sound far-fetched but i am sure he can come back and do fine.

I must say that i have not read his adventures. I have zero idea of him apart from the fact that he appeared after Superman's death. He was a fun character. I have heard that he turned into a more serious guy during the 2000s. I don't know what is his personality or what to expect.

Thus, i am putting in a wild idea. I simply put on a cape to Conner Kent with his jeans and T-shirt. What if he is like Superman of Action Comics run of Grant Morrison? I know nothing of that either. I have read two issues to get a partial idea. But i think it was a good idea. A throwback to the Superman of the Golden Age. I find that intriguing. It would be new. It would be nice if he is not just an older Jon Kent or an angsty teenager. But a new kind of hero who takes up the space vacated by Superman of New 52. Or more specifically the version from Grant Morrison run. If he takes up more down to Earth issues like corruption, social injustice, etc. it would feel fresh. And it would increase his profile from just a Superboy. What do the fans think?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-13-2017 at 09:55 PM.