Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Diana be kick out of her own comic?

Some people are questioning Dc with Wonder Woman and men. By that, they feel like DC is putting more focus on the male characters than Diana. I mean depending on how it goes Jason could take more hold. With Azz the focus wasn't Diana more of the gods and it did feel like this wasn't her comics. Do you think this will be an ongoing problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Some people are questioning Dc with Wonder Woman and men. By that, they feel like DC is putting more focus on the male characters than Diana. I mean depending on how it goes Jason could take more hold. With Azz the focus wasn't Diana more of the gods and it did feel like this wasn't her comics. Do you think this will be an ongoing problem?
    cant it simple be a premisse for wonder man?

as a side note diana was not the only wonder woman in her story, theres also hypolita, arthemis

Extraordinary Member

no i dont think it will be a problem. is it even a problem now?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    cant it simple be a premisse for wonder man?
    I think Marvel Comics has dibs on the name "Wonder Man".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

plot twist

Spectacular Member

Not really understanding what OP is saying.

There is absolutely no chance of Jason ever coming to dominate the book. He's a new supporting character, not a replacement. We'll see a lot of him, especially in this run, but it won't be regularly at the expense of Diana herself.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If Wonder Woman is not in her comics can it be called Wonder Woman? If i take your 'kicked out of her own comic' literally it would mean that they would cancel Wonder Woman and relaunch it. A relaunched title without her. Does this make sense when WW2 is happening before MoS2? Above everything DC seeks money. She is at the peak of her popularity in decades. And now they cancel it? It makes no sense. DC will never replace WW in their wildest dreams.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-28-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    There is absolutely no chance of Jason ever coming to dominate the book. ...
    There is absolutely no chance of some new character named Riri ever coming to dominate the Iron Man book.

There is absolutely no chance Thor will ever not be Thor.

Well, at least Batman is safe since he's the most popular character. It's not like they'd kill Bruce and replace him, am I right? And Wally is still Wally; well, sort of, do we count both of them?

When's the next crisis and new #1 scheduled?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "I really like Wonder Man."

"Which one?"

"The Wonder Twin."

"Which one?"

Last edited by Awonder; 10-27-2017 at 10:05 PM.

BANNED

It's about as much of a problem as Diana wasn't the focus of her own book in the Azzarello run, which is to say it wasn't a problem at all save for a few people who invented an excuse to hate a book they already didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't really see Jason usurping anyone's spotlight in this or any other book, so there is probably no need to worry. No one's desperately crying out for a Wonder Man in the DCU.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

In the long run, it probably won't be any more of a problem here than it was in the Azzarello run and Rucka's runs. On a monthly basis it so far seems like we're not getting much of her, but hopefully it will read better in trade. Even if that turns out not to be the case, things will bounce back eventually. Nothing in this business, good or bad, lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    There is absolutely no chance of some new character named Riri ever coming to dominate the Iron Man book.

There is absolutely no chance Thor will ever not be Thor.

Well, at least Batman is safe since he's the most popular character. It's not like they'd kill Bruce and replace him, am I right? And Wally is still Wally; well, sort of, do we count both of them?

When's the next crisis and new #1 scheduled?

"I really like Wonder Man."

"Which one?"

"The Wonder Twin."

"Which one?"

That's Marvel, whom has an awful business model right now of regularly replacing classic characters whom don't have a history of being legacy type. Furthermore, such changes are more often than not due to their preferred choice of approach to diversity, and as such its more often female characters replacing males, not the other way around. All those things considered, Diana will be fine.

There's a better chance of Artemis returning to the book and them redoing the 90s switcheroo there than there is Jason ever taking over.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-28-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's Marvel, whom has an awful business model right now of regularly replacing classic characters whom don't have a history of being legacy type. Furthermore, such changes are more often than not due to their preferred choice to approach to diversity, and as such its more often female characters replacing males, not the other way around. All those things considered, Diana will be fine.

There's a better chance of Artemis returning to the book and them redoing the 90s switcheroo there than there is Jason ever taking over.
    Marvel killed Batman? And Superman? And Hal and Barry and ... ?

Now, I'm not saying that DC will push Diana out of her book. But, given that DC and Marvel do so love their gimmicks to shake things up (and excuses for a new #1), it would not surprise me at all. Jason was a marketing gimmick from day one.

Even Robinson's interviews make it sound like Johns didn't really care as much about whatever ideas Robinson might have for Diana, the job only came with the requirement to showcase Jason and Grail's adventures of babysitting Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    ... No one's desperately crying out for a Wonder Man in the DCU.
    Except those running DC.
    Last edited by Awonder; 10-28-2017 at 09:58 AM.

I singled out Marvel because that's their MO today. Not so with DC. In regards to the DC examples, most of those happened two decades ago or longer. Its not their MO anymore by and large. Batman is an exception, switching him out occasionally and temporarily for Dick is more recent. But I think its fair to say that Jason in the WW mythos isn't anywhere near the level of Dick Grayson in the Bat mythos to justify such storylines right now, thus any comparison there is largely benign.

Its an exaggerated worry at this stage of the game, its being thrown around as a potential concern just to fan the flames of the distaste of Jason's arrival.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-28-2017 at 10:36 AM.