Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman 32 Discussion and Spoilers

Well, hello Jason! Very interesting issue... Great stuff about Hercules. I kinda miss that he wasn't around AT ALL. But the meeting with Jason was a bit anticlimactic...but maybe it should be just how it was? Looking forward to how this plays out...he seems nice, so far...smiley at least...and very handsome.

I hope he gets some Wonder Armor that ties to Diana!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I've gotta be honest... I didn't like it.

As a whole I found it to be quite dull and slightly boring. The bits with Blake Hooper were just so yawn-inducing for me (though I read it quickly so I probably missed something important).

The Steve/Diana dialogue was strange. I liked Diana having a bit of fun with Steve saying he usually saves her (at least I hope that was a joke on her part), but Steve seems to be grossly out of character. I don't like when they have to point out the fact that Steve is a man yet in the stereotypically "feminine" role. It doesn't need to be stated, we as readers already know the role he plays.

Dr. Peril? A supervillain in the making? Seriously, that name is pretty odd.

As for Jason, I highly doubt that is the real Jason. If it is, that dialogue at the end was incredibly off, even by comic book standards. Also that mullet has got to go.

The art was a step down from last issue's, as well.

I think ultimately, the more I think about it, the more sour I get that they found it a good time to rewind and go back to a New 52 story arc when the whole point of Rebirth is to go back to basics with the characters and stories. Rucka had already established several fantastic stories, yet they're completely gone now (at least for almost a year). What happened to Doctor Cyber? Is Veronica Cale still stewing in her hatred for Diana? Where the heck did Cheetah run off to? Have Dave, Manny, and Chris been completely replaced by Charlie, Sameer, and Chief? There's just so many unresolved threads yet they chose to go with Darkseid War, which didn't seem to be that popular of a story arc to begin with (for the record, I enjoyed it).

Always Rakzo

Thought this was much, MUCH better than the last one. There is still the usual unnatural Robinson dialogue but it was compensated by everything else. The worldbuilding was pretty solid, if you know something about Robinson's work is that he loves to make the supporting cast as interesting as possible and this is clear in Blake and even in Steve's little army (which seems oddly influenced by the movie). Even Steve receive the strongest portrayal he has gotten since, well, pretty much since Rebirth started.

Solid art as well, intrigued by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I've gotta be honest... I didn't like it.

As a whole I found it to be quite dull and slightly boring. The bits with Blake Hooper were just so yawn-inducing for me (though I read it quickly so I probably missed something important).

The Steve/Diana dialogue was strange. I liked Diana having a bit of fun with Steve saying he usually saves her (at least I hope that was a joke on her part), but Steve seems to be grossly out of character. I don't like when they have to point out the fact that Steve is a man yet in the stereotypically "feminine" role. It doesn't need to be stated, we as readers already know the role he plays.

Dr. Peril? A supervillain in the making? Seriously, that name is pretty odd.

As for Jason, I highly doubt that is the real Jason. If it is, that dialogue at the end was incredibly off, even by comic book standards. Also that mullet has got to go.

The art was a step down from last issue's, as well.

I think ultimately, the more I think about it, the more sour I get that they found it a good time to rewind and go back to a New 52 story arc when the whole point of Rebirth is to go back to basics with the characters and stories. Rucka had already established several fantastic stories, yet they're completely gone now (at least for almost a year). What happened to Doctor Cyber? Is Veronica Cale still stewing in her hatred for Diana? Where the heck did Cheetah run off to? Have Dave, Manny, and Chris been completely replaced by Charlie, Sameer, and Chief? There's just so many unresolved threads yet they chose to go with Darkseid War, which didn't seem to be that popular of a story arc to begin with (for the record, I enjoyed it).
    To be fair, Wonder Woman isn't the only title with a number of unresolved questions going back to Darkseid War. You have the 3 Jokers with Batman, the absent Connor with the Super Family (and Tim Drake), Wally West's absent family (and Iris being ignorant of his existence), Jay Garrick and the Justice Society, Saturn Girl and the Legion of Superheroes...

But this arc with Diana's long lost brother is a Rebirth Arc. It was established as such at the very beginning of Wonder Woman Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But this arc with Diana's long lost brother is a Rebirth Arc. It was established as such at the very beginning of Wonder Woman Rebirth.
    It's pulling things straight from the Darkseid War, though. Myrina Black told Diana about her twin while she died during the New 52, and that's still canon here. Of course him existing has always been part of Rebirth, but the events that led up to her discovering about him are all from the New 52 instead.

Pretty good issue for me! It was nice to see a lot of action and down time! We need more of this so she can actually have a social life. It was good to see Jason at the end. I love the “foreign” look he has going on. Hopefully Steve and his oddfellows will give him an up to date haircut.

Other than the art (for example, I don't think that's a mullet... it's just wet, slightly longish hair badly drawn) I loved it!

I'm calling it now: Blake is Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Other than the art (for example, I don't think that's a mullet... it's just wet, slightly longish hair badly drawn) I loved it!

You think so? Explain. ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    You think so? Explain. ☺️
    Or an agent of Zeus.

At this point it's just a hunch but, his weird eccentric appearance, he seems to be far too confident, is very much an agent of 'synchronicity' driving the heroes to be in a better position against Grail, but what really made my 'story sense' go off was his "You really think so?" (or whatever the exact wording was) to Diana's comment about Zeus being a bad father.

No evidence, it's just what my gut is telling me. Perhaps it's just too much coffee this morning or indigestion... but I think Blake, if not Zeus himself, is tied with him in some way and is much more than just a funny looking lawyer.

...Oh! And I really liked Hercules' letter... a very nice redemption (at least in intent) for the character... but then I would love to see "Hercules Unbound" make a 'Rebirth' sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post

I could totally see it.

Loved it. Its only two issues in but its the best that Wonder Woman's been in a long time. Steve actually had a worthwhile presence here, and I love his Oddfellows, a great addition to the supporting cast. Steve actually had a personality and some charm here (still think the nickname "Angel" fits anymore though, but that's me). Also chuckled at the joke of him just being the eye candy. Blake is very intriguing as I'm sure this guy has some secrets of his own. I like the idea that he'll actually end up being Zeus. Hercules' letter to Diana was touching, and it makes me more hope that he gets a second chance after this whole thing. Hell I actually wouldn't mind if Oregon and this estate becomes Diana's home base.

The Jason reveal was a little fast and anti-climactic, but I'm wondering if the quickness of his recognition of her and acceptance is more than just a sibling bond. Like maybe he knew she was coming and he's unwitting bait. Like a Lando situation in Empire Strikes Back. That's just an off the cuff guess though. Robinson already did the fake-out with Hercules, so I'm not so sure if he'll do that again. Unless he wants to play it as a tongue-in-cheek gag. Although its worth noting that solicitations mark #34, two issues from now, as when Diana and Jason finally meet. Solicits can be off though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I didn't like it overall. It was too straight forward and too much of an information dump all at one time.

Spectacular Member

I liked it, although finding Jason was a little too easy and convenient.

And yea, please no mullet lol.

DIVIDED OPINIONS... Seems that I should see reviews for see if this chapter is worth..

So, the twin brother appeared.. Strange, the 34 solicitation talked about him... Seems that the next chapter is focused in Darkseid and Grail again ..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.