Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ... Good to know he's on the writers' radar still. Here's hoping he sticks around after the all-hands-on-deck event is over.
    Yeah, it's enough to get me a l'il more invested again, but I won't be countin' any chickens before they're hatched. Like the idea of them bein' a sort of duo, tho, if that in fact is what's bein' alluded to.

It's been a while, so have a backlog of links and news!

Northstar made his appearance in the new Uncanny title. He's been working with the Canadian government again. (I love him, but apparently he's a slow learner, this fella.) But he's back with the X-Men helping to address the latest world-bending crisis. By punching dinosaurs.

He will also be part of the roster in Leah Williams and Georges Jeanty's AoXM AU "The X-Tremists". Williams has done good work for the X-Books so far, so I'm curious to see what she does now that she has her hands on a team book (even if just for a few issues). Jeanty I like when he's doing superhero work, so that's another win.

Northstar also was featured in Brian Cronin's "How Do I Explain?" recently, regarding a fairly noticeable flub leading into Bill Mantlo's oft-derided (and deservedly so) AIDS/half-elf storyline.

And over at Adventures In Poor Taste, Marjorie Liu lists Northstar's wedding as one of the things she's most proud to have contributed to the X-Men mythos. D'aw.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-26-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Bounding into Comics is a comicsgate platform. Best avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Ew. Yeah, let's just get rid of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Yeah, that's already one sketchy ass list.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ew. Yeah, let's just get rid of that...
    I was reading the comments section and I thought "Wait.....wai-wai-wai-WAIT a second ..... WTF is all THIS?"

I thought they got you gurl. I was about to go fetal in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I was reading the comments section and I thought "Wait.....wai-wai-wai-WAIT a second ..... WTF is all THIS?"

I thought they got you gurl. I was about to go fetal in the shower.
    Nah. I generally don't read the comments anywhere anymore (even The Beat's been pretty infected lately) and tried to pay as little attention to the Comicsgaters as possible. Last I'd heard, they'd hired Chuck Dixon (because of course they had) and I tuned them out after that. My bad on that front.

Northstar redesign by Luciano Vecchio

I don't like the Freddie Mercury restyle at all (I suspect Vecchio and I will never be on the same page with regard to what constitutes attractive facial hair), but I am kinda loving that costume. It looks better than what he's got on in Uncanny, and I particularly like the incorporation of Northstar's iconic starburst into an X. Even outside of the vainglorious branding, it's a symbol he used to share with his twin and it has some personal significance to him. So it'd be really cool to have that carried over into his association with the X-Men, where he seems to fit better than he ever did with Alpha Flight.

The costume look great but that doesnt look like Northstar much at all. Not feeling the hair or moustache
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-03-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The costume look but that doesnt look like Northstar much at all. Not feeling the hair or moustache
    It really doesn't. The hair/mustache combo is supposed to be a tribute, but it really just looks like a go at drawing Freddie Mercury as a superhero.